fiduciary

Author Topic: FA: GCS Darth Bane #26  (Read 7470 times)

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
FA: GCS Darth Bane #26
« on: November 01, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »

Darth Bane’s Curved Lightsaber #26 Auction

This Darth Bane saber is identical to the recent limited run of 12…

GCS Darth Bane Limited Run #2

-   Visible red lit crystal reveal
-   Krayt Bone TM handle grip
-   Plecter Labs CF6.5
-   6 Segment bar graph/PLI
-   Tri-Cree RRW for a powerful red blade and bright white Flash on Clash
-   2x 14500 Lithium ion battery pack
-   6 Madcow Sound fonts
-   Premium 1.5w speaker
-   clean version
-   Sanjuro stand (shown) included
-   Suitable for light-medium duelling (claws are sharp enough to be dangerous)

Auction details;
•   This auction starts now and runs until 9:00 PM MDT on Monday November 4th, 2013.
       o   For easy reference – the time I post this thread is 11:08 AM MDT – look at the top of this post and see what time it says this thread was posted in your window– then calculate how many hours +/- you are from MDT.
•   The auction is for the saber and stand only (as seen in pics), shipping, battery charger, and hard case all cost extra.
•   Start price $1700, Bid increments of $10 please
•   Winning bidder is expected to pay in full via PayPal within 2 business days of auction closing.
•   Wat Rules (see below)
•   International bidders welcome.
•   No blade is included

Wat Rules;

With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at 8:00 PM MST on Wed the 21st (that is tomorrow night instead of tonight).  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At 8:00 PM MST on Wed the 21st, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid. 

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM MST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, repost if neccessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, reposting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not Ebay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:17:23 AM by madcow »

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
Re: FA: GCS Darth Bane #26
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »
Also...

Feel free to post any questions about the saber or the auction. Just no comments until after the auction has closed please.

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 07:37:24 PM »
I should bid $1.  ;).

$1700 and not a penny more... I'm sick. (Mentally an emotionally sick, not physically.)

And this hilt should come with one of your popping blade plugs.

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline Dominus Typhonus

• No Force
  • Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak. Wonoksh Qyâsik nun
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »
$1880
Dominus Typhonus - About - Google+ [nofollow]

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
Just over 4 hours to go!

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »
$1880

Congrats!

You're the winner.
I will PM you the details.

Offline Dominus Typhonus

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »
most awesome most perfect lightsaber ever!!!

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »
Congrats Dominus --- you'll love this saber as I do mine!

Offline PitDroid

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 12:05:20 AM »
Congratulations Dominus!! This is one of the most stunning sabers I have ever seen. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

PitDroid

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 04:16:55 AM »
Cheers to you, I know you will totally stare at this saber in the dark and whisper in succession over and over and ovvvvvver again.... "My Precious, my Precious..." Remember, you have to do the voice too, lol.
I love how the new look of the black ribbed pommel is now.  Welcome to the Bane Clan.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 08:40:44 AM »
Congrats on an outstanding GCS Bane! I have one from Run 1 and it is a work of art. Enjoy it!

Offline Dominus Typhonus

• No Force
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 06:11:37 PM »
Thanks everyone! I am excitedly waiting for the saber as we speak. Yes Genesis Custom Sabers has taken lightsaber creation to the level of fine art for sure! I'll post some vids of katas with the bane and curved prototype badaxx saber when the Bane arrives, all Rob's curved blades are perfect for form 2 and easily transitioning Makashi (2) into form 7 Juyo (as i recall vapaad is the jedi name for 7). Also the sound font on the badaxx, flourish, is like the hard core biker of sound fonts or something, theres a reversal of flutter and hum that growls, almost mantra like; i guess madcow was going for it to be badaxx  :P I suspect the curved Bane will also feel like lifting air and have a perfectly balanced heft as well. i am so stoked to get it!!!

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

retrousse