fiduciary

Author Topic: MR OBI TPM upgrade for sithslayer1  (Read 3588 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
MR OBI TPM upgrade for sithslayer1
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
Sithslayer1 sent me his OBI previously converted by VV.  They did a great conversion but he wanted better sound than stock.  We were going to go with a PC but eventually decided on a CF 5.10.

The aux button is in the crown and the red slide button was kept for the main power.

4 accent LEDs. 1 in the bike valve and 3 in the pommel.

I powder coated the emitter because it was slightly scratched up.

Power is supplied by 2 14650s

10W blue with FoC (tm)

Fonts by Madcow and Novastar
boots by Dark Navel

below you can see the aux button tucked away in the crown.

Here is the speaker mount I made that has the TCSS insert on it for the recharge port.  I also have accent LEDs in the 3 holes (only 1 at the time of photo...more added later).  My low profile kill key fits in there with the pommel screwed on.

Here it is pulled out for SD card access.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
Re: MR OBI TPM upgrade for sithslayer1
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 07:17:25 PM »
spiffy conversion!  Well done
Support our Font Makers!

Offline jetsaber

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:37:51 AM »
Look's good MH  8)

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »
I am very happy MH posted these pics, his work deserves it! This turned out to be a fantastic upgrade by Michael. The blade is a beautiful, bright Blue that really puts a P4 Blue to shame even before the FoC is engaged. The sound is very loud and crisp and the powdercoating and accent led's in the hemi and pommel add a very nice touch, turning this into a very special Hasbro Obi TPM, one of the best ever converted IMO!  The blade he made for me is a TCSS White Trans thin wall with pointed tip and it's a very evenly lit blade with lit tip. MIchael turned a Hasbro Obi into a real gem for me and his work and communication are top notch! He really encouraged my  input and made me feel as though I was part of the process.  He also paired my font selection with the great bootups I requested from Dark Navel (who is a Great Bootup maker!)  I just got my Genesis curved Bane #9 and the Obi is getting equal play time, believe me, Lol!

She may not be a Master Yoda Negotiator or a Ace Rocket Obi,  but I am Very happy with her!  Thank you again Michael!

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »
As always, thanks for the kind words sithslayer. ;D  The fonts you choose are always fun to make but also hard to find in some cases.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »
I appreciate your excellent work  and the time you put in, Dark Navel! Your bootups really add character to these sabers!

retrousse