fiduciary

Author Topic: Loose clamp?  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Ti-el_terall

• Experienced Force User
Loose clamp?
« on: May 27, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »
My graflex is acting wierd. The top will be fine when I push the lever in but the bottom will still wiggle around. Is this normal?

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: Loose clamp?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 10:07:10 PM »
Depends on how much wiggle you're getting. Is the post tight?

Offline Ti-el_terall

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »
Well If I tighten it more I cant fit in the top or bottom. Its about half way an its tight enouhg, wich means the clamp will be upside down.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 08:34:31 AM »
Strange, I've not encountered anything like this. Although, The graflex that I own is not converted to a saber (it was my grandfather's), and it never will be for sentimental reasons.

The width of your calculator bubble strip or cicuit board might be affecting it somehow.  Master Yoda might have more input on this query than I.  :-\

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 10:41:03 AM »
My graflex is acting wierd. The top will be fine when I push the lever in but the bottom will still wiggle around. Is this normal?

Ti

Just sitting here with mine apart trying to figure out your prob. If you completely disassemble the clamp you will notice the there is a backing plate that the lever screw attaches to.  If this is not level in its slot than yes I could see the clamp tightening at an angle allowing one portion to tighten and the other to remain loose.

Offline Ti-el_terall

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 07:04:08 PM »
I think its not the greteast replica out there. The top is slightly bigger OD then the bottom :-\

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 12:08:14 PM »
Didn't realise you had a replica.  I have seen several home made jobs out there when I was looking to buy one.  You could get a bit of the metal tape used for aluminum ductwork/piping and wrap it to make it a bit more snug.  A cheap fix but it will work.  Or go buy a Parks for 150.  Good luck on that one. :D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »
BTW if you decide to do the tape trick, put the tape on the inside of the clamp instead of on the tube that way when you pull it apart you won't notice the tape because it will be on the inside.

Offline Ti-el_terall

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 04:39:23 PM »
IM not saying its a horrible replica, I actually think it has a different replica bottom or something. I hav eit at a way that I like it so everyhting is good.

retrousse