fiduciary

Author Topic: RICE disconnecting after step: SeeSerial:: [UiSND] Trying to play extra/UI/beep.  (Read 595 times)

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Hey all -

Doing a CFX build and updated to v 10.004d....everything seems to be working well on all fonts, except I get that loud error beep on boot and exiting sound bank selection.  I hooked up to RICE and set to debug, and i log everything until the beep for boot or exit sound bank should play.  When the loud beep plays, the board gets kicked off of RICE with this being the last line logged in serial:  SeeSerial:: [UiSND] Trying to play extra/UI/beep.wav.
I obviously checked that wave in the file, and actually downloaded the latest SD pack and replaced the extras folder just in case....any thoughts or advice?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
enable debug and log the whole process. You're probably missing a file (and the beep is there to tell you something is wrong when loading the font up)

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Of course, you are exactly right, Erv!  I did have debug on, but was using max console, and the needed error message wasn’t wiring to that. Just using the serial window in RICE, it pointed me to a missing LED file...dumb mistake, but all set now...thanks!

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
NP, logs will saves us all :-)

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Always!  All about the RCA...curious why that detail was in the text box on the RICE app but not in max console....I figured Mac console would have the most detail so was only looking there.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
no difference. Dialog logs were formerly exported only in the max windows, then I created a proper debug / log window in the app itself, less cabalistics. Log window shows bidir data, I think the former log in the max windows showed only incoming data from the board

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Great update....saves from having to resize the windows so you can see both.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
yup that's what I figure and I wanted to push customer more toward self diags, trying to make it user friendly. Now you can even log the motion sensor with a graphic plot and the remote control is quite extensive, plus commands that aren't part of the button can be typed

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
I know the gyro graphs well...that was my January :).  And they were very useful!

retrousse