fiduciary

Author Topic: K3GR1: Goodman's Advent  (Read 12101 times)

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
Re: K3GR1: Goodman's Advent
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »
Never ceases to amaze us all Goodman. Can't wait to see what you'll do next.

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
Now for my questions... did I notice in your video that there are actual "see-through" holes in the emitter section?

I've always wanted some sweet "light-spill-out" in my own emitter designs, but did you actually not recess the blade all the way down the emitter so you can see through sections of it?

How does that effect brightness in your opinion?

Answers to your questions:

1) The blade IS set all the way into the blade holder.  The light still illuminates the blade, regardless of there being holes there or not

2) To my eye, these sections don't spill out so much light to the point that *I* notice a decrease in perceived brightness of the overall blade. I do suspect, however, that with an improper lens setup coupled with "too many" holes in a blade holder *may* result in a slightly less bright overall blade. The difference is VERY slight, but in a basic test I once performed (polished solid blade holder vs. non-polished many-holed blade holder) there was if I recall correctly a difference. ...Though, looking back at it, I was probably tricking my own eyes to believe there was a difference between the two setups.  :P

The point is mute, however, when we consider that it wouldn't make any sense to cut too many holes in the blade holder, since that obviously weakens the blade holder to the point of risking flexing and eventual failure under stress.

**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline Aphelion

• No Force
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »
Thanks a bunch Goodman! I think I'll practice by taking some old Ultrasabers I have lying around and punching some holes in the sides of my emitters. :)

retrousse