fiduciary

Author Topic: Master Windu's Review of the Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS) Force FX Lightsaber (2006)  (Read 14812 times)

Offline TheNewWinduMaster

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Ready for my Obi Wan review?

Story:

Obi Wan Kenobi was training to be a jedi knight all his age. It seemed that he became one before Episode 2:AOTC. His apprentice was Anakin Skywalker. Anakin in 2 and 3 was not twisted and bewitched by the dark side until the end of 3. During this time in 3, Obi Wan was his mentor, and best friend.

Obi Wan Kenobi was a true jedi. Cunning, brilliant, and an adept warrior, he always knew what to do. And with a great jedi, comes a great weapon-his or her lightsaber. Obi Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber from Star Wars Episode 3:Revenge of the Sith falls nothing short of being an incredible masterpiece of a saber. The hilt is crafted to be a true weapon, with chrome inlaying, a hidden activation switch and gold platting make Obi Wan's saber the Jedi's weapon.

Master Replicas did an incredible job of making Obi Wan Kenobi's saber an amazing Force FX.

~The Review~

The hilt is absolutly magnificant. The only compaint many people have is the fat neck. In the movie, the gold platting part and the copper part of Obi Wan Kenobi's saber is very skinny. But in order for Master Replicas to accomodate all of the electronics, the neck had to be made quite larger. It's not that bad, but it does add some heftiness to the saber. Also, Master Replicas did not cheap out one bit on this saber. The gold platting is perfect, no bad spots, and no uneven platting. This is a very big deal to me, as I like sabers to be perfect.

Unlike the other Force FX sabers before this one, the hilt of this saber has no plastic. The black handle grip is made of metal, and high quality metal at that. If fells super smoothe, with no bumps. The copper part of the hilt is in fact the same color as the copper paint used on the Luke Skywalker FX lightsaber from Return of the Jedi.

Another amazing part to the hilt is the chrome. The metal parts themselves are very shiny to say the least. And again, there is no uneven platting at all. The small metal and copper piece to the right of the activation switch are great details. They are super even, and not a drop of chrome platting or copper paint is missing. Thumbs up!

Another cool part about this hilt is the top part. Where the blade comes out of the hilt, there are small holes around the platform. This gives a very cool design, and the holes themselves are chrome inside. This gives an amazing glow when the saber is ignited. It reflects off these small depressions and adds to the great style of this saber's hilt.

The activation switch is perfectly placed on the emitter box. The design of the activation switch is somewhat similar to the one on Anakin's FX from Episode 3. The emitter box also shines from a good amount of chrome platting. It also adds to the overall beauty of this saber.

The sound on this saber is the same as all of the jedi sabers. It does get a bit repetitive, but I can hold out until another saber comes out with different sounds. The sound module seems to sound a little more clearer than the Anakin, but is ever so slightly feinter. Not quieter, just a more feint noise. I got a little unlucky with my saber. In order for the clash sounds to go off on my saber, I have to hit it pretty hard. Much harder than my other sabers.

The blade is NOT, I repeat NOT the thick dueling blade like the Darth Maul FX. It is just the same thickness as the other sabers before it. This is kind of dissapointing to me. Nonetheless, the blade is much more secure than my other sabers. MUCH more secure. Since it is so tightly placed, it is in fact harder to break loose an LED. I believe this saber will be able to take much abuse before anything happens to it.

According to a member here, the diffuser on this saber is different than the ones before it. When I shoot up the blade, I see virtually NO splotches whatsoever. I love this feature on this saber. Now I can have a blade as bright as the Luke ROTJ without worrying about those horrible dark spots!

The blade itself is super bright. I mean brighter than my other FXs by a long shot. When I got this saber, it was at night at around 6. It was still pretty bright outside. I brought this FX outside and fired it up. It was very bright for being out in sunlight. It also gives off the most light of any FX. The light traveled pretty far off. It also gave a bright outer glow like in the movies. This doesen't happen on my other sabers.

The color is perfect. It's like a sky-rising blue, or a deep ocean blue if you will. It illuminates rooms with tons of light, and it's spectacular to even look at. My eyes hurt for like 1 second when I turned it on in darkness. If you don't stare too much at the blade it kind of seems like you are in your favorite Star Wars Movie.

Blade in a VERY bright room:

Blade in very low room light:

Blade in complete darkness:

Obi Wan with other blades:

Finishing Thoughts:

The Hilt 10/10
The Sound 8.4/10
The Sturdiness or blade- 9.5/10
Brightness 10/10
Color 9.5/10

Overall: 9.5/10

Hope you enjoyed the review!

"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
Excellent review master windu.  I was wondering if you could comment on the tip of the saber also.  I was talking with joclad earlier about the tip of the saber being slightly more pointed than the others helping it light the tip up better and almost giving it the rots sword appearance.  Any comments you can add would be great.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Sure! Thanks!,

To me, the tip of the saber is better than any other FX. It's slightly more pointed than the others, and it is frosted, so the light reflects off of it a lot better than the other sabers. It kind of gives it a real looking effect if you don't look too hard at it.

Hope this helps!
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
excellent review, thanks, i ordered an obi it should arrive today or monday, tuesday the latest, i was going to post a reply for all my sabers, but i think i will wait till i have the obi to do it.

thanx to your review and all obi's reviews posted i am confident i will love this saber.
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Jedi Ollie

• Force User
Great review. The Obi Wan seems to be an excellent saber, no complaints yet :)

Offline Goffa

• Force User
  • "An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."
Awesome Review!  My Obi-Wan FFX is coming either today or tomorrow!  I can't wait!

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
I'm glad you guys liked the review.

May the force be with you all.

Offline tanthosjorlac

• Padawan Learner
  • Jesus loves you!
    • The Jedi Assembly
Very nice!!
Another Kenobi FX fanatic!!

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!!

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Yet another satisfied customer!  ;D

It looks like this one is gonna surpass the Anakin as being the best all around saber. I'm not surprised one bit...especially after getting mine.

And I agree that the blade is as bright as the Luke ROTJ, and I never thought I would see a blue blade that can equal the ROTJ brightness AND without the blotches to boot! It really blows my mind how MR came out with a blade this bright and no blotches, my compliments to whomever designed the blade on this FX.

I only hope that this isn't a one-time fluke and that all the blades from here on out will meet the same standards that the Obi-Wan has set. Blade-wise, they have really raised the bar this time.  8)

-Joclad Danva

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
Excellent Review... If it wasn't for all the member here who have this or that FX I wouldn't have bought my FX from MR.com or bought one at all.

Again, Excellent Review...
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
outstanding review....and i like that comparison pic w/ the other sabers. you can really see it is brighter then the other lightsabers. good job!
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline The Negotiator

• Experienced Force User
  • "You became the very thing you swore to destroy!"
Gret   review, seems like no one is unsatisfies with this fx.  I love mine.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
On, man, I hadn't planned to get the Ob-Wan, but it seems this is the best FX yet, so how can I resist?

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Hey, thank you guys for the compliments.

It's hard to resist. This saber is just a level beyond the others.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
This saber is just a level beyond the others.

And that's no joke. I think that the only other saber that comes close or equals this one is the Vader ESB because the red color of the blade doesn't show any imperfections like the others and the hilt is just as nice and far more accurate, IMO.

I am going to sell my used Luke ROTJ and get a Vader ESB. The Obi-Wan has forced me to change the way I look at the other FX's and rather than collect them, I only want to own the best.  8)

I truly look foward to MR's future FX's and I hope they live up to what the Obi-Wan has established quality-wise.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

retrousse