fiduciary

Author Topic: WTB: 89Sabers Sidious Hilt  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Messenger of Darkness

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
WTB: 89Sabers Sidious Hilt
« on: May 15, 2019, 02:36:22 PM »
Looking to purchase a preferably empty Sidious hilt from 89sabers (I've followed their actual site for a while, but they've never come back despite saying they were making another hundred).

If anybody also had an installed hilt that they could sell then I wouldn't mind buying that for a reasonable price either.

Thanks.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
Re: WTB: 89Sabers Sidious Hilt
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:27:19 AM »
Don't buy from them. You may never receive it. Numerous people have been waiting for 1-2 years for their hilts. Buy one from KR Sabers or one of the other reputable smiths.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »
Don't buy from them. You may never receive it. Numerous people have been waiting for 1-2 years for their hilts. Buy one from KR Sabers or one of the other reputable smiths.

Yes, I have heard of the nightmare stories with their customer service and shipping time; that's why I'm looking to buy one secondhand - the trouble is that I apparently haven't found anyone who either had them in stock or would be willing to part with one.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 02:26:36 PM »
You would be better off buying a Korbanth SID 2.0.

https://www.korbanth.com/sabers/sid-2.0/

Get it polished and powercoated, and installed by a sabersmith.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 02:48:34 PM »
You would be better off buying a Korbanth SID 2.0.

http://www.korbanth.com/sabers/sid-2.0/

Get it polished and powercoated, and installed by a sabersmith.

I actually DID just buy an empty Korbanth 2.0 second hand, and at a great price too, lol.

But from what I've seen it was slightly upscaled in size from the 1.0 version and also the screen-accurate dimensions. Between that and the 2.0's still (comparatively) rough end cap construction, I'm wondering what may be the best route for me to take (cost not being a factor).

Perhaps buying a MR Sidious and having it gutted may end up being the "best" option for me to take to get the best Sidious Lightsaber I can; there just aren't many good replicas of it to choose from.

retrousse