fiduciary

Author Topic: Newbie question about alternate sounds  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Runner

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Newbie question about alternate sounds
« on: July 26, 2019, 11:34:12 AM »
Moving a saber font I purchased from a NB3 to a Crystal Focus 8 and notice that there are alternate boot sounds available in the list of WAV files. How does one take advantage of these alternate sounds? Do we just rename one or the other to the default name or is there something in the config file that we change? Same thing with a saber font that has a folder named "Bonus". I bought a Force Awakens font that has this folder which seems to contain some pre-activation sounds. Do I need to move those files anywhere special or do I keep them in the folder named "Bonus"?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered. Dont really see anywhere where there might be a manual of any kind for current sound cards.

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:36:23 AM by Runner »

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
Re: Newbie question about alternate sounds
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 12:38:02 PM »
Plecterlabs users manuals, current and previous versions.  :cool:

Articles - Plecter Labs - Props Electronics

Offline Runner

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 12:49:15 PM »
Hey thanks a lot. I did look through the manuals but must have missed the section concerning the pre-ignition sounds. I think I'm confused as I have 3 sabers with 3 different board. A NB3, a CF6 and a CF8 and they all have slightly different file structure layouts.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:58:10 PM by Runner »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 10:42:07 PM »
most of the font comes for the most complete sound board, ie the CF which uses more boot sounds for instance (randomly selected at boot time)

the pre-on (preactivation) sounds are sometimes provided with alternate sounds for the user to "tune" the sound font to his taste, the bonuses are just copied in the font, or renamed to replace certain sounds.

IIRC, the NB uses only one boot sound, but the prizm probably 4.

Offline Runner

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 05:07:36 AM »
most of the font comes for the most complete sound board, ie the CF which uses more boot sounds for instance (randomly selected at boot time)

the pre-on (preactivation) sounds are sometimes provided with alternate sounds for the user to "tune" the sound font to his taste, the bonuses are just copied in the font, or renamed to replace certain sounds.

IIRC, the NB uses only one boot sound, but the prizm probably 4.

Thanks for the info Erv. Its a small learning curve if you’ve never actually dived into  how a saberfont  is set up but I’m getting there.

retrousse