fiduciary

Author Topic: El Sid, A POC by LDM  (Read 8184 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: El Sid, A POC by LDM
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 04:17:07 PM »
 :o :o :o

wow that turned out great!! 8)

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 04:40:09 PM »
Nice job Marc (as usual of course).

The hilt looks great and my Fu is considering abandoning me in anticipation of having to deal with these. Lol.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »
nice work in a tiny space.  It does look better than the duke, and more my style.

Offline xwingband

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 08:21:33 PM »
Cool beans... so 7/8" all the way through?  That'll make life easier than I'd planned.  I already had some 18mm speakers bookmarked and I'll have a more accurate pommel made up anyway.

Make the LEDs functional and light up?  Challenge accepted.  >:D  The way I was planning on doing the whole thing I don't see why it couldn't be done.  The switch needs to be internal and then the LED would sit on top of it.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »
Cool beans... so 7/8" all the way through?  That'll make life easier than I'd planned.  I already had some 18mm speakers bookmarked and I'll have a more accurate pommel made up anyway.

Make the LEDs functional and light up?  Challenge accepted.  >:D  The way I was planning on doing the whole thing I don't see why it couldn't be done.  The switch needs to be internal and then the LED would sit on top of it.

Holey Moley, look who popped in for a visit! Hey man, long time....

For those of you newer folks, xwingband did the first light up Sidious out there. No sound on that one, but at the time it was considered a big deal. Look it up on YouTube.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 12:13:53 AM »

...yep...I get that ;)  Problem is that the heatsink is right there.  Of course, less blade depth is always an option so if you wanna move things rostral a bit...Whatevs...I know you (and i mean you x) can do it, I was talkin to those of less Fu. 

So allow me to clarify...I will not be offering installs with the LEDs as switches. ;)

Nice job Marc (as usual of course).

The hilt looks great and my Fu is considering abandoning me in anticipation of having to deal with these. Lol.

LOL, yeah I feel the same.  Not as simple as I would have hoped, but if they were super simple, then nobody would want an install i guess...double edged sword and all that ;)

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 04:41:15 AM »
Nice work LDM!

Offline xwingband

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 06:45:14 AM »

...yep...I get that ;)  Problem is that the heatsink is right there.  Of course, less blade depth is always an option so if you wanna move things rostral a bit...Whatevs...I know you (and i mean you x) can do it, I was talkin to those of less Fu. 

So allow me to clarify...I will not be offering installs with the LEDs as switches. ;)

Yeah, I'll decide when I have the hilt in hand how I want to go about it all, but shortening the blade holding may have to be it.  With a new pommel I'll gain some space though.  The inaccurate pommel is taking probably 3/4" out.  Realistically no one would me dueling with it so it's probably okay.  At the same time if it weren't for the challenge I wouldn't do it myself.  They were never shown lit up on screen and if a PC/CF doesn't fit to make them blink in patterns it's just a lot of extra work.

I've still got my resin based SID that can fit a CF in so I'll button up both at the same time and give it a whirl.

If you're doing a bunch of powder coat work for these I'll probably talk to you about mine as well.  I can probably get it done locally, but that may be simpler.  I'm also going to want this "high polish" Korbanth spoke of as well.  Stainless has been polished on knifes for eons... while some may want the accuracy I'd planned on a high hand polish anyway knowing it will be virtually the same as chrome.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 10:03:24 AM »
Wow! Very impressive, GG! I love the bronze PC and I am really impressed with the volume and resonance on such a tiny hilt.

PM sent.

Offline Darth Ryô

• Experienced Force User
  • Glory of the Hunt
    • My blog: GOTH Custom Sabers
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
Great work!
Looks like this install gonna be tough... and fun :P

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 10:57:02 AM »
MArc - I am getting lots of people asking about install pricing - do you have that figured out yet?  I dont know if you posted an official light up thread yet, and I'd sure like to  see some of the same options

1 - light up only with blade, no sound
2 - light up, with blade, and basic sound
3 - light up, with blade and even better sound boards for those who want the best.

Korbanth

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »
Friggen sweet, GG! Wonder if anyone will eventually do an accurate pommel run sometime down the line ::)

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline garymorris2

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • grey jedi
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
wicked awesome, getting all the electronics in the hilt must have been very tedious.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 02:45:48 PM »
i cant imagin this one being a dueller so would it not be a good idea to move forward the led optics, to make room for the led switches?
is that possible to do here?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »
i cant imagin this one being a dueller so would it not be a good idea to move forward the led optics, to make room for the led switches?
is that possible to do here?

Can only be moved so much.  Remember, we also have to be able to get wires down the inside of the hilt as well...

With regard to pricing for installs (as I posted a page or so back), I will have that all posted within the week.  I will make an all new thread (just like i did for he Dukes) and link it everywhere.  I promise, it will e easy to find ;)

retrousse