fiduciary

Author Topic: Bonificata - From Travesty to Redemption  (Read 6611 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: Bonificata - From Travesty to Redemption
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 03:24:16 AM »
I hae the feeling that everyone knows who this is but me....

Not everyone ;)  I truly don't know.  I never looked at the name on the box.  Once I opened it and saw what was there, I put the parts into a work box and forgot about it for a month. 

There is indeed a lesson here.  I am nearing my 600th saber made for others...there has to be a reason, right?  My clients are happy when I finish my work for them, lol.  Seriously, the lesson is simply this;

If you want work done, find someone with the demonstrated skill to accomplish it.  This will NOT be some dude who screwed together 3 MHS pieces, bought a lathe and hung up a shingle that says 'Sabersmeeth'.  Feedback threads, galleries, build logs, websites with up-to-date content are all tools for folks to use to figure that out ;)

Hey, FE...I am really glad you love her.  She is my personal favorite since Windu's Fury.

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
    • Gamer Professionals, LLC
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »

Not everyone ;)  I truly don't know.  I never looked at the name on the box.  Once I opened it and saw what was there, I put the parts into a work box and forgot about it for a month. 

There is indeed a lesson here.  I am nearing my 600th saber made for others...there has to be a reason, right?  My clients are happy when I finish my work for them, lol.  Seriously, the lesson is simply this;

If you want work done, find someone with the demonstrated skill to accomplish it.  This will NOT be some dude who screwed together 3 MHS pieces, bought a lathe and hung up a shingle that says 'Sabersmeeth'.  Feedback threads, galleries, build logs, websites with up-to-date content are all tools for folks to use to figure that out ;)

Hey, FE...I am really glad you love her.  She is my personal favorite since Windu's Fury.

Heeey! I remember Windu's Fury! That was quite some time ago! :P Glad to see that I was able to satisfy your drive for art on this project! :) Heh, I guess you can say, lesson learned? :)

Offline Pyromatic177

• Master Force User
  • Don't fight a Pyro. Because you'll just get burned
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »
That's a sweet saber. Talk about raised from the dead lol. That thing looked rough  ???

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »
I don't think that FE should be allowed to own a personal favorite of GG.  So either GG needs to make (me) his all time favorite saber or FE needs to send someone (me) Bonificata. 

(I love the ability to use two letter acronyms and abreviations. They are much more efficient than normal TLAs.)

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »
Let's stick to the former hahaha

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 12:16:43 PM »
You better watch yourself and Bonificata, FE.  I don't know who you are, but I will find you and your saber.  I've got a particular set of skills, you know...

8)

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »
You better watch yourself and Bonificata, FE.  I don't know who you are, but I will find you and your saber.  I've got a particular set of skills, you know...

8)

Those skills didn't save you from Darth Maul though. ^-^

Offline Pyromatic177

• Master Force User
  • Don't fight a Pyro. Because you'll just get burned
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 12:56:51 PM »
I don't truly know who you are. And I know what I want. But I have a very particular set of skills. Skills that I've acquired over a somewhat long career. Skills that make me a little scary for a person like you. If you give me the saber now that will be the end of it, i will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I really hope I find you, and I will hit you (with my lightsaber of course).

LOL

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »

LOL, this is true. I even asked LDM when I visited him this weekend and he told me upfront he didn't know. He then proceeded to tell me how much he liked Bonificta and how it was one of his favorite sabers he had done. I then proceeded to cry because I wanted one, LOL!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 10:31:30 PM »
LOL, you guys are awesome. 

Yeah, Caine was indeed a little disappointed that he didn't get to see her in person.

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 07:55:53 AM »

Yeah, Caine was indeed a little disappointed that he didn't get to see her in person.

Hmm... I'm in the La Habra heights area... that can be arranged... ^-^ maybe... :P I'm pretty sure I live like less than 40 miles away from LDM. I'm too chicken to brave the 10 freeway though. -.-

Also, mandatory news update. This one is getting a nice matching blade plug with it too! :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:59:03 AM by Fat Ewok »

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »

Hmm... I'm in the La Habra heights area... that can be arranged... ^-^ maybe... :P I'm pretty sure I live like less than 40 miles away from LDM. I'm too chicken to brave the 10 freeway though. -.-

Also, mandatory news update. This one is getting a nice matching blade plug with it too! :)

Darn it. I don't get that far down to SoCal very often. I am a 7 hour or so drive away, and I had training in Mission Viejo the next morning. Oh well....another trip perhaps.

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »
Wake up, thread! Well, I'm dealing with one smart cyborg here. :D Nice prediction on his behalf. I was looking for a matching blade plug kit for Bonificata, and when I inquired, he had one basically premade for me just in case, LOL. It's all arrived today, along with my new blade.

Plug is a copper inlay plug that goes very well with Bonificata's overall theme. Very pleased with the result. :)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 09:11:35 PM »
Glad you like it. I made it specifically for that saber (although it could go with any one with copper in it's design).  I personally thought it fit well when I had both here.

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »
Glad you like it. I made it specifically for that saber (although it could go with any one with copper in it's design).  I personally thought it fit well when I had both here.

It's really nice! I should consider a shoto type saber as an offhand thing... Hmmm.... Great, time to start saving money... :D

retrousse