fiduciary

Author Topic: Looking for a Parks Obi-Wan TPM (Phaeton) and VV hybrid  (Read 6639 times)

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Looking for a Parks Obi-Wan TPM (Phaeton) and VV hybrid
« on: January 06, 2016, 03:16:12 AM »
Hi all, this is my first post. I've recently been bitten by the the saber bug and I've been looking into which lightsaber I want to buy. I've come to the conclusion that I like Obi-Wan's TPM hilt the best but have read positive things about Vader's Vault sabers durability/quality.

The bottom line: I want a saber with the Obi-wan TPM hilt with the dueling ability/sounds/clash effects/colours similar to Vader's vault.

I've read that Park Sabers sell the most accurate looking blades but don't offer anything for the blade beyond the colour. They sell a "Phaeton Hilt" on its own for $300. I've never dont anything with lightsabers before so customising one wouldn't be easy for me. I guess I have 3 questions for you saber experts out there if you can help:

1. What route do you reccommend I take to achieve what I'm after at reasonable cost?
2. Is it possible to modify the "Phaeton Hilt" from Park Sabers to include the effects I've mentioned from Vader's Vault?
3. Does anybody offer the service in number 2 above?

Thank you, and may the force be with you  :smiley:

P.S I live in the UK
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:39:39 AM by IceSaber »

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Re: Looking for a Parks Obi-Wan TPM (Phaeton) and VW hybrid
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 04:42:51 AM »
I've received a PM about a Korbanth Obi-Wan saber for sale but I don't know anything about them. Looking online hasnt helped much. Does anybody know how they measure up in quality/accuracy to the Park Sabers ones?

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 04:59:52 AM »
Korbanth and Parks have worked together in the past to bring about the same sabers. The sabers were produced abroad, and Parks does his installs, and Korbanth was selling them empty for people like on these boards to do installs, or leave as shelf displays.

The question would be what model of the Korbanth OBI it is. I know one of the older models was a tad bit undersized. Another was much better in size, but had a groove on the emitter that was inaccurate, then more recently there was a run of Steel Obi sabers that are pretty close, but really heavy.

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 05:03:30 AM »
Korbanth and Parks have worked together in the past to bring about the same sabers. The sabers were produced abroad, and Parks does his installs, and Korbanth was selling them empty for people like on these boards to do installs, or leave as shelf displays.

The question would be what model of the Korbanth OBI it is. I know one of the older models was a tad bit undersized. Another was much better in size, but had a groove on the emitter that was inaccurate, then more recently there was a run of Steel Obi sabers that are pretty close, but really heavy.

Thanks for the reply. It's a tpm version. I noticed Kobranth is doing a new run of something called OWK2 versions on the sith planet section of the forum.

Offline ShadyCanuck

• Experienced Force User
  • Member of River City Jedi
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:25:22 AM »
And Vader's Vault uses Plecter Labs soundboards and Tri-Cree LEDs, so you should start there for your electronics:
Plecter Labs

TCSS sells the rest of the components you'll need (LED, speaker, battery, switches, wire, etc): 
The CUSTOM SABER SHOP

Do or do not. There is no try.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 07:29:58 AM »
Thanks. That would mean I'd be doing the conversion myself and I doubt I can manage. Does anybody know if the Korbanth saber is the same size as the Park Saber?

Offline ShadyCanuck

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 07:48:52 AM »
Thanks. That would mean I'd be doing the conversion myself and I doubt I can manage. Does anybody know if the Korbanth saber is the same size as the Park Saber?
All Korbanth sabers ARE Park's sabers.  Therefore the most recent Korbanth OWK-1 is the same aluminum Obi that Park's is selling online.  Korbanth's proposed OWK-2 would also likely be tied to a Park's model.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 10:53:12 AM »
Pardon my ignorance but if all Kobranth savers are Park savers then what is the difference?

Offline Iggy

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »
Pardon my ignorance but if all Kobranth savers are Park savers then what is the difference?

The difference is when Korbanth did a run, they came empty (no electronics, no blade, etc.). Parks sabers have his phase electronics in them, but still no sound.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »
Park sabers also sell the hilt for 200 usd so I'm struggling to see the difference here..

Offline ShadyCanuck

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 12:33:29 PM »
Park sabers also sell the hilt for 200 usd so I'm struggling to see the difference here..
Exactly, now you're getting it.

Now, who's on First?

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 01:04:34 PM »
There must be a difference I'm not aware of. I thought you might have an idea.
I've messaged Korbanth and I'm waiting on a reply anyway. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:07:19 PM by IceSaber »

Offline Iggy

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 01:09:56 PM »
Ah. Parks did not sell empties before.

The difference there is just the person then. You may have a difficult time getting the saber from Parks. Jeff at Parksabers is a bit slower to respond or ship sometimes. I have had decent luck in getting a few sabers, but I know other people have waited 6 months to 1yr+ for items.

I have had pretty good transactions with Randy (korbanth). I am not sure he has stock in the Obi though. Right now he is finishing up the graflex runs.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 01:26:01 PM »
Thanks. It looks like he's doing a new run of OWK2 sabers soon. Not sure on the price but I've put my interest down.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »
A little over a year ago, may almost 2 years, Vader's Vault had some steel Parks Obi TPMs (they were called the OB1) and took a 1" blade and came with a Plecter Labs CS sound board, and optional color change and lit hemi valve. I have one and love it, although they are heavy. PM VV, maybe they still have one.

retrousse