fiduciary

Author Topic: Flash mob at ComicCon 2009 San Diego  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Darth Irving

• Padawan Learner
Flash mob at ComicCon 2009 San Diego
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:59:45 AM »
I posted a note on the other flash mob thread so I decided to take the lead on this and put it in its thread.

I would like to organize a flash mob at ComicCon...the lobby usually has enough room....depending on the day there might be enough room inside the Con near the Star Wars booth, or how about Parks Sabers booth? lol!

I figure if more than a few folks from the forums are there or know of friends who will be there with sabers we can do it!

I'm open for suggestions!

Ken

Offline Darth Irving

• Padawan Learner
Re: Flash mob at ComicCon 2009 San Diego
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
BUMP

Can't believe not ONE FX Forum person is gonna be at Con besides me? How is this possible?

Depression is setting in......

K ;-(

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 03:30:19 PM »
If it is about what your talking about not a lot of people are into this kind of stuff, hence no comments or replies.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Darth Sidneyus

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »
Not sure what a flash mob is or whether I would participate, but since ComicCon is across the country from North Carolina, and never gets much closer than Florida or New York, I guess I won't have that chance! For those who can, have fun for those of us who can't!  ;D

Namaste

Offline Darth Irving

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 09:52:44 AM »
Not sure what a flash mob is or whether I would participate, but since ComicCon is across the country from North Carolina, and never gets much closer than Florida or New York, I guess I won't have that chance! For those who can, have fun for those of us who can't!  ;D

Namaste

Well I saw LOTS of positive comments and participation to the other flash mob...
And just so as people know what a flash mob is....we get a whole lot of people with sabers to show up at a designated time and place...with no warnings, no standing around in groups or talking as to give anything away...and at the set time EVERYONER lights up their sabers and either just holds them in the air making noise, or starting a big ol' duel. I imagine we might have security issues at Con if we start a saber fight so I was thinking we would just mass up, light up, shout out, and get some pics.

Like I said...the Salt Lake flash mob seems to have tons of people from THIS forum going...so I don't understand the lack of interest. I do understand most aren't going to ComicCon...but again, I don't understand that either. I do understand the travel/$$$ concerns...but as true fans of sabers and the whole Sci Fi scene in general, I guess I assumed most folks try to go to Con.  But I digress.

If we don't get people interested in a flash mob, maybe a Meet and greet of all the FX Forums people that will be there...we can get together, have your drink of choice (alcohol or not), take some pics, check out sabers, and post some pics here on the forums of sabersmiths, users, and forum folks all together with their wares at ComicCon. I can't think of a better place than San Diego to do this. Since I'm a local, I know all the local watering holes and attractions...especially bars that allow droids.

How about that?

K

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:07:04 AM »
I would guess that attendance to ANY convention will be lower that normal.  I'm in "that" business and we're re-forecasting the lowest numbers since 9/11. Unemployement MAY NOT be at an all time high, but peoples fear of losing there job....is.  More and more people will probably fore-go trips across country, trying to prepare for the worst, while hoping for the best.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline MasterSketch

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 11:42:17 PM »
I'll actually be at ComiCon on Thursday and Friday and would love taking part in whatever event you get rolling. If we do any kind of battling though, it'd be best to do it somewhere outside or any other place we can be sure there'll be open space. Or you may want to contact someone at ComiCon and ask them if there is an appropriate place to initiate it or if there's a public place they can have railed off for everyone. Skies the limit on possibilities. Like you mentioned with Park Sabers, you could even talk to them about it because they might sponsor you because it could be sort of like an advertisement for their booth. Try it out man; I wish you the best of luck!

~Sketch

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 12:31:16 AM »
By the way if they do by chance have the new Hasbro Obi-Wan TPM and Dooku FX sabers there those of you who are going can you be sure to take a lot of good pictures of both of them?

Offline Darth Irving

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 07:37:46 AM »
By the way if they do by chance have the new Hasbro Obi-Wan TPM and Dooku FX sabers there those of you who are going can you be sure to take a lot of good pictures of both of them?

Absolutely we can do that! Is there gonna be a mad rush on these sabers or something? As in...EVERYONE on the forums wants one and they are only making 100 to start with? I stood in line at the Hasbro booth last year to get a Super sized Millenium Falcon (the BF as its called). I even had the design engineer, who was there, autograph both the box AND the hull of the ship.

If there is a mad rush on these sabers I can try to pick up a few.

K

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
Most likely there will be an FX-S gathering at C-V.  That's my guess anyway.  There has been talk about this for some time now.

If that doesn't materialize than I would guess something may happen in the Orlando area.  But those are just wild guesses as nothing's planned or even talked about.

The economy needs to improve first though.  ;)

Offline Darth Irving

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 09:00:59 AM »
Bump...just trying to get some folks going to Con to get together, either for pics, drinks, or a flash mob, or all three!
K

Offline Darth Irving

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 09:37:53 AM »
BIG BUMP!!!
Alright saber weilders...now is your chance!!! We're at T-minus 1 DAY and counting til COMICCON 09!!!!  Anyone going? Lets meet up and take some pics!!! I'll post my cell here in the hopes that we can get a few folks together in some way, shape or form!

Ken 619 843 2222

Lets do dis!!!!
K

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »
I'm on my way to SDCC right now but not participating in the mob thing. Gonna be a long day let along a long week!
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

retrousse