fiduciary

Author Topic: Obi-Wan lightsaber review + reviews of all my sabers (6) + lots of pics  (Read 8544 times)

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
---

--

-

Ok, i wanted to review my sabers but when i ordered the obi wan, i decided to wait till i got it to make a review of it and all my sabers, well... i got it today!!!!  and yes........ it is awesome!  so bright!   i love it.  my collection is:

anakin  rots
windu   rots - luxeon converted
vader   esb
luke     esb - luxeon converted
obi       rots
luke     rotj - luxeon converted

you can "right click - view image" on the pics to see them full size
(pics in the dark were taken with long exposures times to get the full "white core" effect on photo, even for the vader, that takes
  more time to get it right, and that is why they are not to be used as brightness comparison pictures)

so now to the review:

OBI WAN ROTS

This is my 6th saber, and i have to say, it's the brightest, at least of the ones that i have, the luke rotj i have is a luxeon converted one so i cant compare it to the 64 led green luke, or the windu, which is luxeon too.
Anyway i compared it to the anakin rots with fresh batteries on both and i can see almost the same blue shade and tone but lighter, like more close to white (not that i say it looks white, but closer to white than the anakin), the anakin just seems more dark, same blue but more dark.
I can see little blotchyness, and the center dark spot too, but lightly, much more lightly than the anakin rots, and the blade seems brighter.
Also the tip is a bit different, and looks better IMO.

The hilt is awesome, its very comfortable to spin but the main concern is that the gold part is exactly where i feel it more comfortable to spin, so it is likely to wear off fast enough.  The little holes in the emitter just rock! and the all metal issue is excellent.  I love the pommel most of all.

The weight is good, i think i find it better on my luke rotj, to spin.  And the center of mass is well located, but then again i think it is better on the luke rotj, but maybe the luke being a lux converted and not having the extra weight on the blade is what's making the difference on this review (semi-biased opinion).

The detail on the decoration is really good, and the finish on the materials is excellent, i like the colors of the gold/copper parts, but i think i will definitely go with the copper upgrade.  (lukes copper upgrade of course, but one of the spares could work on it)

I love the hold of it and the grip it has, but i think i am going with the windu on this aspect, i love to hold the windu, then the obi.

The blade is really well fixed into the hilt and it doesn move a bit.

The sounds are the same of the other jedi sabers, but in different pitch, and the volume is ok, but my luke rotj seems louder, except on the on/off sounds, which are louder on the obi and anakin rots.

Overall this is a great saber, i would fully recommend this saber as a first saber, and of course as a must for a collector.

Hilt               9.6
Blade            9.9
Sound          9.0
Grip               9.8
Spin              9.6
First Saber    9.9
Total             9.7

Extra Obi-Wan's pics.

lit room + flash: 

lit room:             

dark room:         

Now the rest of the sabers:

These sabers have gone through some serious reviewing here on fx-sabers, so i will make it short but with a lot of pics.

Luke Rotj - Luxeon

I like the hilt of the luke rotj, it is very nice for spinning, even the control box never really gets in my way and the ignition switch never goes off, i've cut my hand with this saber a couple of times, but it is jus because i like so much to spin it, i spin it the fastest of them all, so sometimes i mess up  ;D still, so good to spin the luke.

My blade is very bright, second to the anakin and obi, which are the brightest, it is a luxeon converted blade and even so it is well lit to the tip.
The sounds are very loud on this one, i think the loudest, except for my anakins on/off sounds which hurt my ears.

The finish is nice in the hilt, but i am still waiting for my copper upgrade which i think will make it look nicer!

numbers:

Hilt                9.1
Blade            9.5
Sound           9.3
Grip               9.7
Spin              10
First Saber    8.9
Total             9.6

Mace Windu ROTS - Luxeon

Ok i have a yellow/amber Mace Windu ROTS, it's a nice luxeon, that can change it's led for another, all together with the heat sink, this i bought from Shadowlynx, a member of this site, so you might find more information on it on his topics.

I love to hold this saber, nothing that interferes with the spining, the hilt is nice but some of the gold has washed up, i still place it as my favorite to hold.  The blade is removable on this one and it looks great as a hilt-only prop.   The ignition switch is so easy to turn off.

The blade on my windu is not so bright, the amber color is great, but not bright, the blue led is brighter, almost as bright as the anakin or obi, but only near the hilt, it fades a little to the tip and it is overall not as bright as the obi wan.  I ordered from erv and plecter labs, a blade to fix the blue led to it, and so i can change blades and not leds, i am planning on buying luxeons, and heatsinks so i can have a yellow or green or blue or red or white windu, that would be interesting.

The sounds are loud, but not as the luke rotj. And again they are the same jedi sounds on different pitch.

numbers:

Hilt                9.3
Blade            8.7/9.3
Sound           9.3
Grip               9.8
Spin              9.7
First Saber    8.2
Total             9.4

Luke ESB - Luxeon

This is a nice saber, my luxeon convertion is a very bright cyan color and looks great on photo, hilt seems more "fragile" than the other sabers, but i love it, the sounds are much more lower than any of the other sabers i own, and not so clear, the hilt has very nice finish and detail, and i love the emitter on this one, the ignition switch can be turned off from time to time, not as much as the windu. 

The fact that it is a "getting rare" saber makes me like it more.   I duel with this saber a bit and even thou i said it seems more fragile i havent got any problems with it.  This saber i also bought from Shadowlynx in a clean smooth transaction.

numbers:

Hilt                9.5
Blade            9.3
Sound           8.2
Grip               9.0
Spin              8.7
First Saber    8.0
Total             9.2

Anakin ROTS

This is becoming a classic saber, good for starters and loud clear sounds with a very bright blade.

I have no complaints about this saber, great for spins, and light enough to feel "heavy/sturdy" and be spin friendly.  The blotchyness on the blade is there and i can see it, it doesnt really bother me but it is the mos noticeable of them all.  I recommend this saber, it is the one i like to ignite and turn off more of all.  Hilt looks awesome and shiny.

Hilt                9.6
Blade            9.4
Sound           9.7
Grip               9.3
Spin              9.2
First Saber    9.6
Total             9.5

And finally:

Vader ESB

I like this one a lot, the hilt is my favorite i think, and the well lit blade rocks, no blotchyness at all!!, I kinda not like the fact that it has only one clash sound, but in fact, just the sound of the vader is more than enough to compensate for that, i love the sounds of the vader most of all, the are menacing and totally darkside, they rock, and they are loud enough, not as the luke or anakin or obi, but ok. 

It is not a spin saber IMO, the design of the hilt is just not for spinning.  The ignition is so nice, just like the obi, but better i say, cause of the calc-bubbles, the look excellent.  This is such a nice saber, i recommend it for starters, even if the spin is hard, it just looks so good. 

I put my camera in manual and set it to long exposure to get the "white core" effect on photo, otherwise it just looks yellow, i guess red is not so bright as blue or green, but in reality it looks great, deep red.

numbers:

Hilt                9.8
Blade            9.6
Sound           9.8
Grip               9.1
Spin              8.4
First Saber    9.4
Total             9.6

So to end this:  I think the

Obi saber               is the       brightest
Vader saber           is the       meanest
Luke rotj saber      is the       spinfest (if that is a word)  ;D
Luke esb saber      is the       rarest
Windu saber          is the        dearest
Anakin saber          is the       loudest

And now some other pics:

Thanx and may the force be with you all!   ;D

UPDATE

here's some pics of my girl with the anakin and the obi, enjoy:

(the force is strong with her)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 10:24:09 PM by levelnext »
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
Re: Obi-Wan lightsaber review + reviews of all my sabers (6) + lots of pics
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 12:12:46 PM »
I'm so so glad that you showned the sabers I sold you off. It really does take alot of pride to admit that but I must say you have the ultimate saber collection. May the Force be with you.  8)

Offline levelnext

• Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 12:15:06 PM »
Thanx Shadowlynx, i love all of them and am so glad that everything went so fine in dealing with you. Thanx again and feel free to come to barcelona each time you want to play duels hehe.  Thanks.

Offline levelnext

• Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:41:56 PM »
Ok, i updated with some pics of my gorgeous girlfriend.  ;D   ani vs obi

Offline levelnext

• Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 12:43:17 PM »
maybe now i draw your attention  ;D

Offline The Negotiator

• Experienced Force User
  • "You became the very thing you swore to destroy!"
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 01:46:29 PM »
greast reviews love the luke esb pic.....who were those converted by, or were they home made?

Offline levelnext

• Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 02:06:09 PM »
thanks negotiator, well they were converted by a seller who doesnt do convertions no more, they were converted before i bought them so i really dont know for sure, Shadowlynx (member who i bought from) has posted stuff about this seller, but he always says he no longer does convertions.

He did a good job thou.

Offline destrius

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 02:22:38 PM »
AWSOME sabers and great review! You are so lucky to have so many cool sabers! Messa Jealous... :P
EEEE[]#>//==================
       ''''''

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 03:18:24 PM »
I just got the Obi-Wan as well. Love the pictures. I love the body. The shape is just perfect, the lines, the curves. It just all fits together real nice............oh, your sabers are nice too  ;D
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Irkis Clag

• Force User
  • You were to destroy the sith not join them!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 05:52:59 PM »
nice review nice pics

Offline levelnext

• Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 12:29:14 AM »
Thanks Robiwon, Ikris Clag. I enjoyed wiriting the review, now i am off to saber play time...

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 04:04:58 AM »
outstanding review!!! alot of work and time went into this review...........wait.......forget the review......cant stop staring.....
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Jedi Kure

• Experienced Force User
  • And you will learn your place young one.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 09:32:06 AM »
Nice Review...some dark side pics would be great too.  ;)
"This Weapon Is Your Life"

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 11:02:16 AM »
Very cool review.  You definitely know the ins and outs of your saber collection. 

Couldn't stop reading the reviews and the "bonus" pics at the end are very welcome!

Me thinks we need some dueling pics of you and your Jedi woman!  8)

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline levelnext

• Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 10:32:44 PM »
Thankyou guys for posting, i will talk my girl into some other pics  ;D  some darkside ones, and maybe a girl duel hehehe, who wants to see me when there's a chance of a 2 girl duel?  much better dont you think?   Anyway i am glad you like the review and it is not only fair, but important to mention that i wouldn't know a thing on sabers if it wasn't for all of you guys, this site, and all of it's members kindness and attention.  And that if it wasnt for you and the site, i wouldn't have gone the right way on choosing sellers, prices and all that stuff.  So thanks to you all.  Special mention thanks to Shadowlynx.   I will keep posting about that mace windu i am planning to get blades and luxeons for, and of course keep on trying on getting some girls in photo hehehe.

may the force be with you all, and with this site that rocks. 

retrousse