fiduciary

Author Topic: Obi Wan Kenobi Fx Review (& Video) By Force-Fx.com  (Read 24844 times)

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Fx Review (& Video) By Force-Fx.com
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2006, 06:01:02 AM »
I can hear a big difference in sounds compared to the anakin ROTS :)

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 06:29:06 AM »
Nice vid, Kit!  :o
It gives us an excellent impression of what the new Obi-Wan saber is like.
I have no doubt that one is going to find it's way into my collection in the near future.
How would you say the saber compares to the Luke ROTJ as a spinning saber? Is the hilt any thinner than the Luke?
I would like to know how it compares to the Ani ROTS also, as this is my favourite saber for spinning.

Thanks again for the vid, Kit. This is the review we have all been waiting for. ;)

I like it WAY beter then the Ani ROTS,and I got to double check but its hilt is a littel fatter then the Luke ROTJ.
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 06:46:50 AM »
Awesome Master Fisto, I like the side by side comparison with the Anakin and you can see its a little brighter, also all jedi sabers sound the same well as far as the blue blade goes, the green and purple should sound different its the Sith blades that are opposite oh well I am glad I ordered the Obi saber
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 07:14:20 AM »
WOW! Congratulations on being the first to review the ObiWan FX in the forums! I recognize your signature spin-saber-behind move .. LOL! Cos I watched a video of the Mace you put up quite some time ago... he he.

The sound is definiltey the same with the Anakin. It looks solid to me. The constant rubbing on the switch will make it fade dontcha think??

Offline DutchVader

• Padawan Learner
  • What would MacGyver do??
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 07:21:34 AM »
Great review, I can't wait until I get mine (which will take a while here in Holland).

Kit, am I seeing this correctly? Are there holes around the blade where light comes through?

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »
Great video Kit, really awesome. The saber is just the kinda I imagined, might be good for spinnings and stuff...Decent looking saber...

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »
Wow great review, I liked how the way you compared the Obi wan to the anakin. They both do have a different pitch in the humm. Once when my financial troubles blow over I'll be getting one now since I have seen a full review. Also I hope your mother is feeling better. That was so nice of JimCorrigan or Rebelscum well both of them to get you a Obi Wan FX. Your very lucky to have one right now since everyone else like myself has to wait. No worries it'll be awesome once I see more coming around. Keep us updated.  :)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 08:10:30 AM »
Yep...I am VERY glad that I pre-ordered this saber. Brighter than the Anakin too...and with a tougher blade as well? I had a feeling this would surpass the Anakin, and it looks like I was right.  8)

And if your going to use the same sounds, then using the best sounding Jedi saber (Anakin ROTS) is the way to go!! ;D I was hoping that if it wasn't going to use different sounds, that it would use the Anakin sounds. Great call, MR!  8)

Looks like I will soon be adding a new favorite FX to my collection when they are ready to ship. xxx, I might even buy a second one to keep MIB.  :P

-Joclad
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:24:43 AM by Joclad Danva »

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline TheNewWinduMaster

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 08:22:30 AM »
I'm dissapointed in the sounds. The same ones over and over and over again. Give us lightsaber sounds from the actual EP 3!!!!
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 08:28:02 AM »
I understand your dissapointment, but at least they used the best sounding Jedi saber sounds, IMO. (Anakin)

And they did make this one brighter and with a tougher blade, it's a start... ;)

-Joclad

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 08:31:01 AM »
It does have different powering up and down sounds , Didn't you see that?

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 08:41:13 AM »
They sounded the same to me, I couldn't hear a difference. I will find out for sure when I get mine.

-Joclad

Offline TheNewWinduMaster

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 08:50:08 AM »
No it's the same. And the sounds for clashing aren't very good. Why don't they have that short little buzz that I like? 2 of the sounds on the Jedi Sabers annoy me because they don't sound realistic.

But putting more gold plating on was a big mistake. It will rub off without the use of gloves.
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 08:56:55 AM »
Nice review, Kit. The saber looks gorgeous. I love the look of the hilt... the ignition is great... just like the Vader ESB, which happens to be my favorite on/off button. The brightness is great... you say the blade is an inch shorter than the Anakin ROTS?  ??? That's bizarre. I wonder why they'd do that. I am disappointed they recycled the same old sounds yet again, but this is an awesome saber nonetheless... one that I'll definitely be picking up!  ;D
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Gnosis

• Formerly known as Gnosis
  • Master Force User
  • The Bird King of La Mancha
    • This week in geek
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 09:08:07 AM »
From what I can hear, definately a different idle hum and the swing sounds a few pitches lower.

However,impressive for a first review :)

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber. "
Count Dooku

Sith Lord Adminstrator
countdooku@fx-sabers.com

retrousse