fiduciary

Author Topic: LDM & LDM Jr. have Pinto7 All-Stars for a while, so patience please.  (Read 2625 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Announcement

This is an announcement for those of you who are my clients.  As some know, I was a professional baseball player.  It was natural the I coach my son's team when he begged me to play.  I was looking forward to the end of the season (tomorrow), but along the way a funny thing happened...my son became good enough to be an All-Star (Pinto7...Pony League 7 year old division) and the league asked me to be the All-Star Manager.  Well, as some of you also know, i am a very community minded fellow so I had no choice but to accept.  Not a big deal on a SW forum, but a big deal for these 14 little guys and something that they will always remember. 

What does this mean?  It means that my saber production rate will be "slowed" for the next few months.  I will still be working on them, but baseball will take 25-30 hours of my week so that only leaves about 10 for sabers.  I am currently working on the next MKVI Auction saber and will continue ot work through my current build log but may not open it up until the All-Star season ends. 

Thanks for everyone's understanding.  ;D

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Congrats to LDM Jr!! That's great to hear LDM! :)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Well, I am glad to hear that LDM jr. is doing so well! Good for him, and you managing is very cool and is something that you and he will always have as great memories. Good times bro...good times!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Well, I am glad to hear that LDM jr. is doing so well! Good for him, and you managing is very cool and is something that you and he will always have as great memories. Good times bro...good times!

Yeah, it will be fun.  He has worked very hard and developed really well.  He deserves it and I am happy for him.  For me...it is just the league knowing who I am and wanting me involved because it benefits them...which is fine (and I knew it would happen) because it is most likely my #1 area of expertise.

Offline djkibaman

• under review
  • Master Force User
does ur son swing with 2 hand grip or 4 hand grip?

hunting Unicorns one day at time...

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
I've enjoyed coaching (Basketball) myself and it takes a lot of dedication and time but it's worth it.  To see the smiles on faces when they make a basket, assist or win a game warms your heart.  Have fun and enjoy your time Managing/coaching.  It's worth every moment.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault

Yeah, it will be fun.  He has worked very hard and developed really well.  He deserves it and I am happy for him.  For me...it is just the league knowing who I am and wanting me involved because it benefits them...which is fine (and I knew it would happen) because it is most likely my #1 area of expertise.

Congrats Marc!  Glad to see your little one is following in Daddy's footsteps and also having a great time!  Coaching is also a very rewarding experience, especially with little one's because you can help give them the best foundations.  Have fun!!!

Facebook: VVFB

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
Of course he has to be good! What kid couldn't catch every ball with 4 arms!  :D

That's pretty cool on both him getting that far and you taking the time to coach all of the kids for it. Best of luck to them coming out on top and hope they have a blast!

Offline Cristar Attevan

• Experienced Force User
  • Virtus et decus.
    • Yannus Furzon Saberworks
Hey-- there's always time for baseball! (And if there isn't, you make the time! :) )

Good luck with the team, General! And congrats to your son on his achievements!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Thanks everyone.  He is very excited.  :D :D :D

Offline bluerolla

• Experienced Force User
  • Happy Valley Hawaii
Re: LDM & LDM Jr. have Pinto7 All-Stars for a while, so patience please.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
Right on Marc!!! i love baseball, LDM jr will never be this age again! this builds great memories for kids.  this is so cool!!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: LDM & LDM Jr. have Pinto7 All-Stars for a while, so patience please.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 10:14:43 PM »
Right on Marc!!! i love baseball, LDM jr will never be this age again! this builds great memories for kids.  this is so cool!!

Thanks Brotha.  He still doesn't know (although I had a long All-Star meeting tonight...during our game).  I want him to keep working hard and likely won't tell him until the regular season ends this weekend.  It is good to see him willing to work hard for something that he wants.  It is a lesson that we all need to learn at some point.

retrousse