fiduciary

Author Topic: Merry Christmas! $50 Fx Lightsabers at Walmart.com!!!  (Read 21792 times)

Offline Tim_in_NC

• No Force
Re: Merry Christmas! $50 Fx Lightsabers at Walmart.com!!!
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2008, 10:28:03 AM »
Glad you picked one up ... This run didn't last long ... looks like they're out again ...

Offline Tim_in_NC

• No Force
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2008, 11:42:07 AM »
Got my Hasbro Vader in today ... all is fine except for one critical thing ...

The cap that holds the battery pack in place will not lock down, it just turns and turns and turns ...

I inspected the cap, only to find that the threads were not fully machined on the inside of the cap, thus preventing the cap from locking down.

I thought that maybe it would lock down enough to work, but I was wrong, the battery pack soon loses connectivity and the saber stops working ...

Called Hasbro and they said that they have no parts available and that I could return it to them and they would send out another saber but couldn't guarantee that it would be a Vader ...

That sounds ridiculous ... !!!

I would try Walmart but they are currently out of the Vaders ...

Hmmmm ....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:45:45 AM by Tim_in_NC »

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
  • The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart i
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2008, 11:45:31 AM »
For some reasons the obi's aren't showing up in the search thing, but when I go to the Luke it gives me the link for the obi and i can still order obi's and lukes.

Thought someone might want to know that....

"MUST RESIST URGE TO STRIKE BUY IT"
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Offline The Rebel

• Formerly known as Kyuubi
  • Master Force User
  • Rebel by nature, comedian by choice.
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2008, 12:03:50 PM »
I think they're done with em... I just looked today and didn't get any results for "fx lightsaber". Sucks, because I didn't get a chance to buy my brother an Anakin for Christmas.  :(

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2008, 12:50:10 PM »
Yes, but they seem to be listing the MR luke ROTJ as available in some stores... The links for all the Hasbro sabers are still there, just not when you search with the search bar. Sucks, cause I was gonna buy me a $50 Obi...

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Anonymuswanderer

• No Force
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »
You never know maybe they're just waiting to relist the items. That's what I'm hoping for at least

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
  • The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart i
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2008, 04:09:41 PM »
Yes, but they seem to be listing the MR luke ROTJ as available in some stores... The links for all the Hasbro sabers are still there, just not when you search with the search bar. Sucks, cause I was gonna buy me a $50 Obi...

WHAT STORES!!!?!???!?!!! ???
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4642616&findingMethod=rr - Luke FX

It doesn't give you any names, so a bit of calling around is necessary. But, whatever you do, make sure they arelooking at a real MR/Hasbro FX or you will get stuck looking for them yourself when you arrive. I didn't get any results around here, (thomasville, High Point, Lexington NC) so other stores could have them. Or Wallyworld never updates their website. :P ;D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline The Rebel

• Formerly known as Kyuubi
  • Master Force User
  • Rebel by nature, comedian by choice.
« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »
God, I would soooo wish my local Walmarts would carry FX lightsabers. I have been trying to get a Luke RotJ for a decent price for months now. That and Maul are the only other two FX sabers I want lol

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2008, 11:57:20 AM »
Back when the sale was online, I was going to buy an Obi-wan. But right before I ordered it, I went to go get a drink of water. When I came back, it was SOLD OUT!!
RAWR!

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »
The holiday season is over, and so is topic

LOCKED.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse