fiduciary

Author Topic: *REVIEW*: DARTH VADER Force FX Lightsaber from TESB *Updated VIDEO & NEW PICS*  (Read 16171 times)

Offline Darth Ravage

• No Force
I can't seem to download any files off rapidshare. Can you rehost them somewhere else?

Offline weylander

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Ok, got it moved for ya!

Oh yeah, great Review too! I got your pics too, where would you like me to put them?
Thanks for the move Bigdog! About the pictures, hmmm... originally I wanted to post them with the review so people could see what I was talking about, but you do have an official gallery section on your site. I suppose you could put them up in the gallery and I could link to the pics in the review, what do you think is best?
I can't seem to download any files off rapidshare. Can you rehost them somewhere else?
I don't really know of any other hosting sites. I haven't had any problems with rapidshare though. Are you sure you're scrolling to the bottom of the page where they ask you to choose a dowload type and then wait a second for a download ticket?

Offline Darth Ravage

• No Force
Awesome review! :D

Offline weylander

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Thanks! Hope you got the clip okay!

-------

Finally added some pics to the review so I hope it looks a little better! :) 

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff
nice review... this saber is my personal favorite!
{[][][][]--{}================

(((FORMALLY MR.GRIFFIN)))

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
I really like where they put the on/off switch.

When I was a kid, that is exactly how I thought they turned on their lightsabers.  I mean, what else could that control box be for with something that looks like a thumbswitch on it?

Makes me kinda want to get one just for that simple fact.  Hmmm.....

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline weylander

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Hey Bandit!

Yah, I know what you mean about the control box. It just makes so much more sense than all the other knobs or doohickeys that stick out from the top  ;).

The ESB Vader is a great saber and if the improvements from Gen 2 Luke to Gen 3 Anakin are any indication, the ESB Vader may very well best the ANH. While I prefer the ESB Vader design (although I do miss that coil detail inside the emitter shown in your ANH review) the contruction is nice and the sound is terrific (much stronger my staticky Gen 2 Luke)  and may be well be MR's best FX saber yet. It's probably my second favourite FX so I'd certainly recommend getting one. No rush though, it looks like the Gen 3s are gonna have the longest and most popular runs.  :)

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
Excellent Review !!!

my wife and I went to Borders Bookstore 1 weekend and they had Anakin's Ep. III FX Saber & Vader's Ep. IV FX Saber & my wife lovin' me like she does bought it for me.  ;D now all I need to get is my Master Jedi Mace Windu FX Saber & I'm set.
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline Jedi Ollie

• Force User
Utterly amazing review, and cool pics too.

Offline destrius

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
This is a really nice review! Awsome pics and very helpful! :D
EEEE[]#>//==================
       ''''''

Offline Noneoftheabove

• No Force
  • The lost Jawas...
Excellent review weylander!

What I like about the Darth Vader "ESB" saber is that it has a very "mechanically/machined' look to it as if Darth was following a blueprint or an exacting specification. It's an interesting statement about his character as suggested by Obi-Wan in his statement about the Dark Lord "Darth Vader is more machine now than man...."

Anothering thing I like about Vader's Saber are the wires sticking out. I see no clear reason for them, but I get the feeling that they are there to give the saber a slight menacing quality. The wires are sticking out to supply excess energy and more power to the Sith Lord's blade. The blade is flawless in contruction except for those wires poking out in a Sith like recklessness lust for power.

retrousse