fiduciary

Author Topic: FX-SABERS NEGOTIATOR (recommended replacement batteries)  (Read 6738 times)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
FX-SABERS NEGOTIATOR (recommended replacement batteries)
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:39:43 PM »
Hello everyone

As people acquire The "NEGOTIATOR" series of FX-SABER I wanted to point a few things out about replacement batteries ;)

The battery cartridge uses the CR123 type battery and is meant to accommodate the slight differences in length
that these types of batteries can have.

The batteries I included are an industrial brand and are slightly shorter than most store bought CR123s batteries
which means that these shorter batteries can move slightly in the cartridge sometimes.

When people buy replacement batteries it alleviates this because most readily available CR123s are slightly longer and thicker thus they sit more securely in the holder/cartridge.

Replacement batteries I recommend are the Energizer E2 lithiums or the Varta Pro type.
These can be found on eBay in the following listings for good prices.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2PK-VARTA-CR123A-CR123-Lithium-3V-Flashlight-BATTERIES_W0QQitemZ290047356941QQihZ019QQcategoryZ45096QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320237797936&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

So for anyone who experiences any problems with the shorter batteries getting bounced around a bit
You can use a small piece of electrical tape to add a little more padding to the inside back of the battery door
to help hold those shorter cells in place better.
You can also wrap a small length of tape around the cartridge with the door on to better hold them in place as
well, just be sure it doesn't interfere with allowing the cartridge to slide in correctly.

Also: the bottom pommel has a set screw in it that is there to both hold the bottom dome cap in place
as well as lock down for the bottom of the battery cartridge when inserted to help ensure it is held in place
during dueling.

Because the Negotiators are hand made to fit there can be slight differences in how easily the battery cartridge sit in
the pommel and it has about 1/2 inch of play from the bottom depending on how far it is inserted.

It isn't critical that it hold on to the battery for normal display/usage and many times acts simply as a stop for the cartridge
but if you hear it moving around during dueling then simply look through the hole be sure it is sitting far enough down so
the set screw contacts it to hold it more securely during hard hits.

I just wanted to address this ahead of time to more effectively allow everyone to enjoy their Negotiators. 8)

MTFBWY
always
YODA of fx-sabers

Offline Delmustator

• BLADE RUNNER
  • Master Force User
    • ButtryNET
Re: FX-SABERS NEGOTIATOR (recommended replacement batteries)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
Are Ultrafire 3.6V 880mAh LC 16340 Protected CR123A Batteries recommended?

I know they are about 1.5mm longer than normal since they have the protection circuit built-in...

-Del

Terminators are people too....

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 03:14:22 PM »
Those should fit just fine. They might be a little tighter fit but they work.

Offline Delmustator

• BLADE RUNNER
  • Master Force User
    • ButtryNET
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 03:34:51 PM »
Thanks DT,,

I'm gonna place an order for some today.

-Del

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »
Thanks DT,,

I'm gonna place an order for some today.

UH-OH!  :o  about getting the Ultrafires for your current Negotiator with MR sound.
Don't use those batteries in there as they are 7.2 volts (3.6 each) and could damage the MR board. :-\
You want to stick to the standard CR123s that are 3.0 volts each ;)

Ultrsabers has the surefire CR123s for a great price that will work perfectly for your MR based Negotiator ;)

Offline Delmustator

• BLADE RUNNER
  • Master Force User
    • ButtryNET
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 07:13:36 AM »

UH-OH!  :o  about getting the Ultrafires for your current Negotiator with MR sound.
Don't use those batteries in there as they are 7.2 volts (3.6 each) and could damage the MR board. :-\
You want to stick to the standard CR123s that are 3.0 volts each ;)

Ultrsabers has the surefire CR123s for a great price that will work perfectly for your MR based Negotiator ;)

Yep, I found that out the hard way. The MR board didn't like them. So I reverted back to the original CR123s. No damage to the soundboard, works fine. I'll use the batteries for another project instead. I was mainly after the UltraFire charger (WF-139) since my Qui Gon uses those. I tossed the batteries in there so I could get everything in one shipment. I've already made an adapter so I can charge the CR123s in my UF charger.
-Del

retrousse