fiduciary

Author Topic: YAHOO!!! I just got my anakin ROTS FX saber.  (Read 6098 times)

Crescent

Re: YAHOO!!! I just got my anakin ROTS FX saber.
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 04:07:54 PM »
Okay, I got to go outside with it at around 9:30. It looks sweet at night!! It's also nice to be able to twirl it without worrying about hitting a celing or wall. After I was done with it, I realized that the hilt was all grimy. My hands were sweating while I was using it (i didn't know at the time), and now it's dirty. Should I use some windex on a paper towel to get the grime off?

Offline Master Elwan

• No Force
  • "There's always a bigger fish."
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 04:14:48 PM »
That's what I use. I'm pretty anal about the grimyness of my hilts and seeing as how the Anakin is mostly chrome, I find myself constantly getting out the windex and a soft cloth. Haven't had any problems with that method of cleaning it so I'd say you're safe.
FX Saber Collection:
2005 Anakin ROTS
2005 Vader ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline Wat-Gav Martra

• Jedi Master
  • Master Force User
  • Formally known as Scottish Jedi
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 04:43:02 PM »
Cool Scottish Jedi. I forgot to say thank you for the play.com heads-up ;)

No problem dark fox, they are good aren't they? How long did yours take to come i ordered mine on Wednesday night and had it by Friday morning  ;D.
Luke ROTJ FX Lightsaber: £89.99
Star Wars OT Boxset: £29.99
Fighting for the Light Side: Priceless
(Borrowed(Stole) this idea from Dark Skywalker)

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 05:38:23 PM »
Cool Scottish Jedi. I forgot to say thank you for the play.com heads-up ;)

No problem dark fox, they are good aren't they? How long did yours take to come i ordered mine on Wednesday night and had it by Friday morning  ;D.

Thats quick service. I ordered mine on a Thursday night and recieved it on Monday. I will order the ESB Vader from them soon, too. I'm still wondering if they will stock the Luke ROTJ or is that an exclusive to another store?

Offline blind

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 06:32:54 PM »
You should think about purchasing a pair of gloves.  They leave your saber clean as new.  You'll probably end up bringing out your saber more often because you don't have to worry about the long cleaning process.  Grease and finger prints are a killer to get off.

I've had my Anakin ROTS for about 3 weeks now and to be honest I've only ever touched it with my bare hands once, which was when I first took it out of the box the day I received it.  After taking the time to clean it that night I figured it's gonna be a hassle doing this process everytime, so I went out and purchased some thin cotton gloves.  In my opinion, don't get these because the heat from your hands transfer through the cotton and onto the hilt leaving it it quite wet.  But hey, no grease or finger prints :).  I recently bought some soft leather gloves and these are great.  They're a bit thicker than the cotton gloves though so I can't really feel the lightsaber in my hand.  But on the bright side, it leaves my lightsaber sparkling clean.

Just thought I'd mention this because it really does reduce the hassle of having to clean the hilt all the time.

Offline Master Elwan

• No Force
  • "There's always a bigger fish."
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 06:50:46 PM »
Good on you! I have actually considered gloves... now that it's getting closer to the cooler months I shouldn't have a problem finding some nice leather gloves. They will be especially handy for Halloween. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is so anal about fingerprints. I took my Anakin to work to show it to everybody one day... man you should have seen it after everyone had handled it.  I almost got sick right there. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.
FX Saber Collection:
2005 Anakin ROTS
2005 Vader ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline blind

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 07:28:38 PM »
It gets worst, I forbid any of my family from touching it unless they wear gloves.  I also had a few mates over and showed them my saber.  When they saw me put gloves on I think they were afraid to ask if they could hold it.  They watched me show it off and I didn't even offer them a go!  I felt so bad afterwards.. :(

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 07:37:56 PM »
Hello there

Yes a new saber is a great feeling ;D do be sure and check out the wealth of information
available in the "Articles" and Reviews as well as Duelling tutorials that discuss do's and
dont's to prolong the life of your new saber.

Also look in the padawan training room about cleaning advise etc...
always
MERIDIAN
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 07:40:18 PM by MERIDIAN »

retrousse