fiduciary

Author Topic: POSTPONED Live Stream: Syncing Blaster to Saber FX  (Read 884 times)

Offline jbkuma

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
POSTPONED Live Stream: Syncing Blaster to Saber FX
« on: March 26, 2020, 06:47:44 AM »
POSTPONED - unfortunately I ended up spending several hours trying fruitlessly to get groceries and didn't get back in time to set things up properly.  I'll reschedule in a few days.

I'll be using inexpensive, off the shelf parts to demonstrate a simple effect sync between the blaster and the lightsaber.  This will likely be part of a series, increasing in complexity.  My plan is to start with the parts and breadboard, then install in a nerf gun and test saber depending on the time.  Questions and such will be welcome, assuming anyone ends up watching and has questions.

This will be my first test with a new setup for this type of thing in my new workshop (which you may have seen in a Space Windu video).

I am planning a series of basics in adding light and sound to props in general, this video will end up as part of that series, but a bit out of order if one expects progression.  I guess that is how pilot episodes often go.  This is a project I've been meaning to do for a while, so why not share a bit of the process and frustrations in front of a live internet audience? (insert laugh track)

For those of you that saw Space Windu's video where we discussed a more hardcore lightsaber related video series, that got postponed due to shipping issues related to the current "event" along with getting laid off adding additional confounding issues.  I am still planning on making the videos, and this live stream may help with working out the format for that.  The first video was planned to be "Powering your Lightsaber: Fact and Fiction" but it will probably be "Demystifying Pixel Blades" and that will go up and/or stream in a couple weeks.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:54:11 PM by jbkuma »

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: POSTPONED Live Stream: Syncing Blaster to Saber FX
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 03:39:12 PM »
I'll be watching!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Re: POSTPONED Live Stream: Syncing Blaster to Saber FX
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 03:57:28 PM »
I'll tag along for a bit. It is late on my side of the Atlantic, after all.
Better late than never.

retrousse