fiduciary

Author Topic: 2 small issues with my CF9 + CEx  (Read 1138 times)

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
2 small issues with my CF9 + CEx
« on: August 16, 2018, 06:25:09 AM »
I'm having a couple issues with the new saber I built. I'm suspecting these issues are related to my wiring, but I wanted to run these by Erv and the community in case it was a firmware problem or something like that.

1. Occasionally, after power off, the CF9 will reboot. Can't find any ryhme or reason to when it will happen.

2. The colors in my profiles occasionally appear slightly different when selecting them via spectrum vs the normal color shifts. It's almost like the color shifts don't shift all the way sometimes.

That's pretty much it. Very minor stuff. Here's the setup I'm using:

-CF9 + CEx
-Quad Cree RRGB (RR in series on channel 1)
-HM-13 BT module wired for RICE powered by 3.3v pad on CEx (with mini switch to toggle it on and off)
-Saber Essentials 28mm bass speaker (I think it's 4ohm, from TCSS) (volume always set to 3)
-TCSS 18500 7.4v Battery pack

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Re: 2 small issues with my CF9 + CEx
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:41:25 AM »
You most likely have an intermittent ground somewhere. That would explain issue #1.

I have no idea about Issue number 2.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 12:16:27 AM »
Would you mind checking if the reboot issue occurs with specific fonts (or statistically more often on certain fonts) ? I recall I fixed this issue when migrating from CF8 to 9 and it was related to DMA and very specific timing issues (hence appearing only with certain fonts, problem being linked with the duration of the power off sound.

for the color profile, it could be the resolution of the transition when you move to a profile to another one which is very similar (on one die), like a variant of shade, but I don't remember facing this.

Feel free to email me your SD card contents so that I look at the color profiles, configuration and fonts. thanks !

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 04:01:49 AM »
Would you mind checking if the reboot issue occurs with specific fonts (or statistically more often on certain fonts) ? I recall I fixed this issue when migrating from CF8 to 9 and it was related to DMA and very specific timing issues (hence appearing only with certain fonts, problem being linked with the duration of the power off sound.

for the color profile, it could be the resolution of the transition when you move to a profile to another one which is very similar (on one die), like a variant of shade, but I don't remember facing this.

Feel free to email me your SD card contents so that I look at the color profiles, configuration and fonts. thanks !

Now that you mention the sound font, the only font that I know for sure that the reboot issue occurred on is Spitfire (by Madcow) (my new favorite font, by the way).

I sent an email to the address you have listed on your profile with a link to my zipped SD card contents. It was too large to attach to an email.

Thanks for the help!

retrousse