fiduciary

Author Topic: The Last Jedi  (Read 2868 times)

Offline KanjiKlub66

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
The Last Jedi
« on: December 22, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
Hello everyone,

New to the forum here, but definitely not new to Star Wars or Lightsabers.

I came here to let anyone who may be interested know about a new sound font I've created. I'm planning on putting this font up on saberfont.com once I figure out how that all works. (This is my first sound font)

I've created a ~90-95% screen accurate sound font for Rey/Luke's lightsaber in The Last Jedi. It took hours of manipulating sound and about a million dollars worth of movie tickets paying very close attention to the sounds used in the newest installment of the Star Wars franchise. Obviously there are sounds which I plan on releasing an update for once the film is released to make things pretty much 100% (or as close to 100%) screen accurate but for now I believe I've made a pretty great sound font. I can post a preview video for everyone if I have enough interest in the sound font. Either way I plan on getting this thing on saberfont.com ASAP once I've finalized everything!

May the force be with you all!
KanjiKlub66

Offline KanjiKlub66

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: The Last Jedi
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »
Update:

I've loaded a sample of the soundfont. The Last Jedi Lightsaber (Soundfont) - YouTube [nofollow]

The font is installed on a Graflex 2.0 with a Nano Biscotte V4. There is no blaster deflect or lock ups in this demo but they will be available in the final release. The Last Jedi sounds have some very Bassey(is that a word?) swing sounds and actually are very similar in some ways to Vaders saber. As stated I'v done my best and believe this to be 90-95% screen accurate minus a few details which I will be updating when the film is released to Blu Ray.

The Ignition sound here is taken from the scene with Rey on the island. Note: This is NOT the same as the saber sounds from the trailer that was released. Those are not the same sounds used in the film.

I included 3 Ignition sounds, 2 of them I wont say where they are from to avoid possible(?) spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the film yet.

Let me know what you guys think of this!

May the force be with you all,
KanjiKlub66

Offline KanjiKlub66

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 07:12:58 PM »
Another update!

I have spent quite a few hours the last few days re working the swing sounds completely to get even closer to the film. I'm pretty sure I've got the closest sound possible without getting a direct rip. (Which I will be doing once the film is released on DVD)

I will be soon posting a new video on youtube to showcase the entire font since I was unable to show the aux sounds with the youtube video.

KanjiKlub66
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:55:45 PM by KanjiKlub66 »

Offline oswaldkefo

• Force User
  • aka MandaloreLives
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:26:42 PM »
Update:

I've loaded a sample of the soundfont. The Last Jedi Lightsaber (Soundfont) - YouTube

The font is installed on a Graflex 2.0 with a Nano Biscotte V4. There is no blaster deflect or lock ups in this demo but they will be available in the final release. The Last Jedi sounds have some very Bassey(is that a word?) swing sounds and actually are very similar in some ways to Vaders saber. As stated I'v done my best and believe this to be 90-95% screen accurate minus a few details which I will be updating when the film is released to Blu Ray.

The Ignition sound here is taken from the scene with Rey on the island. Note: This is NOT the same as the saber sounds from the trailer that was released. Those are not the same sounds used in the film.

I included 3 Ignition sounds, 2 of them I wont say where they are from to avoid possible(?) spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the film yet.

Let me know what you guys think of this!

KanjiKlub66

That sounds great! I am looking forward to the final product. Thanks for putting so much care into it; the detail makes all the difference.

I came here to conquer the galaxy and drink milk...and I've finished my milk.

Offline KanjiKlub66

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 10:47:15 AM »
The latest and greatest on this sound font is now available for a preview on youtube.

Let me know how you guys like it.

May the force be with you all!

retrousse