fiduciary

Author Topic: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!  (Read 103565 times)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:54 AM »
I thought I answered this.  This run will not come with Neopixel.  In the event that a CF which supports neopixel is available in the next month or so then we can re-evaluate but our plan is to install them as soon as we get the chassis from the shop. However, of course we will use the CF9, the awesome new CF which was just released a couple of months ago :smiley:.

Unfortunately, the chassis manufacturing is slow going.  As you all know it had to be completely redone as the previous engineer did crap work.  The good news is the new one is even better and is with the machine shop now and has been for several weeks so hopefully we will be hearing good news soon :).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darth Hulk

• No Force
  • More sabers please!
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2018, 09:07:58 PM »
So - do we think that final payments will be due within the next 3 months? Very interested in the TFU1 saber, but underestimated pricepoint by... a bit. So if will have to pay last $1200 of this run in the next 3 months would be nice to know as I'll probably have to skip it and go for a custom Wrath or Rev-N (or both) instead.

Thanks!
VV Starkiller TFUI Run 3
Vader's Vault Hero: Run 2 emitter delete
Vader's Vault: Battle Wrap Havoc, FLEX ESB, Mitsu 3K
Roman's MK1 Weathered FX installed with Prizm v4
TFUII Starkiller by Cargill Custom Sabers
Needs install: Korbanth MPP 2.0, Solo's Hold Blind Knight, Korbanth Crossguard

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2018, 08:20:00 AM »
I do not want to commit to 3 months.  The machining alone is likely to take at least that long.  We are looking at a similar but different reveal on these as we put on the TFU1 we just announced.  Due to the most recent engineering issues we had to re-engineer the whole thing because the incompetent one made it over an inch too long and several pieces were not capable of being machined in the real world due to that pesky physics.  The redesign is currently with the machine shop where they are working on final pricing for the inlays and other fun features and then it will go into production.  That is normally around 12 weeks on something like this.  Once production of the chassis is complete we will be asking for that second payment of $400.  We will then pick them up and start installs immediately.  I anticipate it will take a few weeks to get the first proto installed, always does.  Once that happens we will post a nice reveal video and start installing your guys' hilts and the remaining 50% plus shipping will be due when your hilt is complete. I would ballpark 6 months to get from here to there.  I wish I had better news but I do not want to keep saying "soon, soon" when we are past that.  What I will say is that the remaining hilts from the run that were unsold will have a price tag over $3K so the folks that are getting these on this run at the grandfathered price are getting them close to what an empty from other places costs, so your patience will be rewarded in spades.  But, again, anyone tired of waiting, PM me. We are happy to refund your deposit :smiley:.  We understand it has been way way way beyond a reasonable timeframe on these and we humbly apologize.  If I were able to do everything myself, they would have been done two years ago.  Unfortunately, no one is good at everything and so on runs of this nature there are others involved.  We will be happy when this one is behind us, believe me, but we also want it to be mind blowing to make it well and truly worth the wait and I think we will accomplish that :)

Offline Dragonfly1098

• No Force
« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2018, 04:34:07 AM »
I am definitely willing to wait.  I have deposits on two Concept Version TFUII sabers as you know.  Since I am not as technical as others regarding the sabers can we please touch base before work is done on my two sabers regarding options?  - Rob  :grin:

Offline onigiri34

• Experienced Force User
  • Swoosh Swoosh that's the sound of the saber!
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2018, 10:24:48 PM »
Agree on touching base, as it's been so long, technology has changed etc. And on options once designs and such are finalized

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2018, 05:25:04 AM »
There is really nothing that can be changed at this stage in the game.  The sabers were built based on the choices folks made.  The only options available to be changed at this point are blade length and weathering.  Look at your options in the first thread, if there is something missing, let me know.  Otherwise we will be in touch for the next deposit when the machining on the chassis is done.

Offline Darth Hulk

• No Force
  • More sabers please!
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »
Greetings,

Any updates?

Thanks!
VV Starkiller TFUI Run 3
Vader's Vault Hero: Run 2 emitter delete
Vader's Vault: Battle Wrap Havoc, FLEX ESB, Mitsu 3K
Roman's MK1 Weathered FX installed with Prizm v4
TFUII Starkiller by Cargill Custom Sabers
Needs install: Korbanth MPP 2.0, Solo's Hold Blind Knight, Korbanth Crossguard

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
If you read a few posts up, Deanna said about a 6 month ETA from early April, so we are looking at October possibly.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
Chassis parts are coming slowly but surely.  As soon as they are complete we will roll right into installs.  I will post here when that starts.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2018, 05:22:16 PM »
Thanks Deanna. I am aware that you have a lot going on, so thank you for the update.

Offline GSXMatt

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2018, 06:53:18 AM »
Any pictures per chance? I'd shoot you a message on Facebook but I see you guys are pretty busy with the Flex run.

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2019, 05:44:34 AM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:59:54 AM by Pfockerchief »
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #252 on: April 07, 2019, 10:32:15 AM »
So this is where I am just going to say I am saddened by your comment.  You are very well aware of what is going on as you are in my FB PM box constantly.

YES we know the run has gone on a long time.  YES it sucks.  YES the wait is LONG. YES that is on us.

HOWEVER, we have REPEATEDLY offered refunds to everyone on this run for their 25% deposit paid.  Almost NO ONE has taken us up on it.

I just buried my grandson after a year long fight with Leukemia.  YOU KNOW THAT!  Why in the world would you think it is ok or somehow funny to harass someone who has been going through this?

Because of that situation the past year has seen some loss of focus and some times where things were pretty overwhelming.  We haven't necessarily been able to push things as quickly as we normally would and haven't been as involved with things like the soundboard development, etc. Luckily we are very fortunate to also have a very capable team who has stepped up during times where we were distracted. This has resulted in a net gain of several weeks for us. Most Combat Class are currently in the 12-16 week range down from 16-22. For those who weren't following he was diagnosed at 4 months old and fought and fought and fought.  In the end though he contracted a fungal infection in the hospital and because he had no immune system from all the chemo there was nothing that could be done.  It has been devastating to our family, to my son and his fiance, and to everyone who knew them.  No child should have to go through what he did.

We haven't gone anywhere, we haven't ghosted, anyone who has asked for an update has received one. IF we had disappeared into the ether taking folks money with us like so many in the community today THEN I could understand the harassment.  But this is not the case.  We are committed to getting any outstanding obligations we have taken care of one way or another. 

Instead of just cancelling the run, refunding everyone, and then building them out our leisure and selling them for 3 times the run cost (what they are worth at today's value), we have worked our butt off with machinists, anodizers, etc. as well as working with Plecter on the new board to ensure we can finish this run off on a high note.

I am going to say this one more time.  If you are tired of waiting, TAKE THE REFUND.

As I mentioned to you numerous times in your PM box and alluded to everyone else, we are waiting on CFX.  When the footprint is finalized 100%, I need to THEN finish up the chassis.  Once that happens and we have the new boards in hand and tested THEN installs will start.  I cannot make the board go any faster.  I thought we would have it by the holidays but it didn't turn out that way.  There is a lot to it.  It is pretty freaking awesome so far but not complete.  Soon tm. In case you are confused, we do not make the boards. 

ANYONE ELSE: If you are not on this run, do not comment in this thread.  In fact, constantly poking at us and posting it wherever you can is simply harassment and, frankly, other than folks on this run, NO ONE CARES! It just makes you look like a jerk and only gets you attention with a few childish people.  I am referring to you Nick Cline and any other childish immature person out there who thinks it is funny to harass someone to try to earn brownie points at others' expense.

For those in the back, the run has gone on long however full refunds have been offered repeatedly since relatively early on for anyone on the run.  We are not "holding people's funds captive" as some have poked at.  We only ever took a 25% deposit and have refused further requests from people to pay more towards their balance.  Anyone who is on this run is on it voluntarily.  NO ONE wants a run to go on this long, MOST SPECIFICALLY a MANUFACTURER who has more capital tied up in the run than the entire end cost of the run, let alone the 25% deposit.  We would LOVE to get out from under it but we are committed to providing the product promised to our loyal fans and we are committed to providing it at the same cost that we offered it for 5 years ago even though we are VERY upside down between materials costs, R&D and multiple changes.   To be clear there will very possibly be a couple of upgrade options which will have a cost if people select them, but the original options chosen will be provided at the original costs quoted.  Obviously with new applicable tech. This is our reward to our customers for their loyalty.  To provide the finest TFFUII Starkiller ever produced at the costs originally quoted.  If that does not work for you and you are on the run please PM me and we will make arrangements for your refund.  EDIT please understand VV will not honor spots sold since we made the refund offer so please do not sell your spot as we will not honor the transfer.  If you want a refund contact us directly and we will be happy to oblige.

Offline Brad1981

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2019, 05:43:05 PM »
I know you said not to comment in this thread if we weren't in the queue for this saber.  However, I have to break that request and say that I am terribly sorry for the loss of your grandson. 

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #254 on: June 08, 2019, 08:11:07 AM »
Hi Luminara,

Any update at this time? Are we looking at a firm 2019 completion/shipping time frame?

Thanks again.

retrousse