fiduciary

Author Topic: Caine's MKVI V2 with CF V5.10 - Now with FoC - FIRST POST UPDATED  (Read 13341 times)

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
Re: Caine's MKVI V2 with CF V5.10
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »
I had one in my mkvi but i got rid of it.  I just could't find the room in the hilt for a proper enclosure, and the volume was too much of a trade off. 

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »

Thanks, bro! Who'sMKVI  V2 ya think drove me over the edge?  ;)

Wait I thought it was mine that did considering I was the first MKVI V2 even though someone talked me out of it  :'(

I had one in my mkvi but i got rid of it.  I just could't find the room in the hilt for a proper enclosure, and the volume was too much of a trade off.  

WHAT...really.  I have one in a MKVI I just redid for someone (installed CF) and it is super loud.  There is plenty of room for an enclosure with 18500s.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:51:47 PM by MH »

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Did you custom machine the holder?  Because i can't do that.  I'd be interested to see some pics of your setup.  I don't know about plenty of room either.  More like just enough room.  If i totally reinstalled the saber, maybe i could find a few extra mm.  Just didn't happen the way i installed it.  I never though of extra room for speakers at the time so i didn't think it would matter. 

Offline Kaplan

• Force User
  • Dr. Jones, we meet again... at last.
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »
There's two things your V2 has that I wish I had on mine: the 13 trace card  and the groove in the neck.   I have a PJ card and I'm afraid to change it out because I might screw up the touchplate activation.  I'd add the groove myself too, but I'm afraid it would mess up the clear coat finish. 

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 03:54:29 PM »
Did you custom machine the holder?  Because i can't do that.  I'd be interested to see some pics of your setup.  I don't know about plenty of room either.  More like just enough room.  If i totally reinstalled the saber, maybe i could find a few extra mm.  Just didn't happen the way i installed it.  I never though of extra room for speakers at the time so i didn't think it would matter.  

sure I don't want to muddy up Caine's thread any worse than we already have (sorry Caine) so I will post pics of the recent MKVI I did with a CF and 2W speaker in another thread.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 04:00:53 PM »
Thanks a bunch.  I've been going over the pics of my build and it does look like I could squeeze another 3-5mm which should be enough. 

Caine, is the neck still .65" out and .5"inside?  I was just curious about the duelability of a .65" neck with a .5" hole through it that has a machined groove right in the middle of it. 

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 06:25:48 PM »
Thanks a bunch.  I've been going over the pics of my build and it does look like I could squeeze another 3-5mm which should be enough.  

Caine, is the neck still .65" out and .5"inside?  I was just curious about the duelability of a .65" neck with a .5" hole through it that has a machined groove right in the middle of it.  

It was made to the exact same specs as the copper neck...and it duels like a charm.  ;)

There's two things your V2 has that I wish I had on mine: the 13 trace card  and the groove in the neck.   I have a PJ card and I'm afraid to change it out because I might screw up the touchplate activation.  I'd add the groove myself too, but I'm afraid it would mess up the clear coat finish. 

I have a couple of other cards I may consider using. Touch plate activation is a certainly cool feature and I have done it quite a bit...but I just decided this route worked just fine for this build, and I can easily swap out cards when I want (I just hot glue the edges of the card in the clamp and dremelsand it down so it's smooth...card won't go anywhere during saberplay.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:34:18 PM by Caine »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »

Yours has the aluminum neck, but I didn't want to machine the groove for structural integrity's sake.  Did I use the wrong card?  I feel sad now. :'(

Offline Kaplan

• Force User
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »

Yours has the aluminum neck, but I didn't want to machine the groove for structural integrity's sake.  Did I use the wrong card?  I feel sad now. :'(
Not at all.  I asked you for a PJ card!  No worries at all.  I'm actually not sure which card style the screen used V2 had.  MR uses a 13 trace on their replica... that's what got me thinking about it.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »

Not at all.  I asked you for a PJ card!  No worries at all.  I'm actually not sure which card style the screen used V2 had.  MR uses a 13 trace on their replica... that's what got me thinking about it.

Crud...I had one of those I think.  Doggonit.  Now I have to try extra hard on your graflex.  :D

Offline Kaplan

• Force User
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »

Crud...I had one of those I think.  Doggonit.  Now I have to try extra hard on your graflex.  :D
Nah... you gave me exactly what I asked for.  These are things I thought of after I got it.  ... not to discourage you from working hard on my g-flex or anything. lol.
Sorry to derail your thread Cain. ;)

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »
The whole clamp/activation card on the V2 has certainly been a subject of much fun debate.

The original 13 trace card that was used on the V2. Apparently, this is supposed to be screen accurate, and there is only one still shot that I have seen of this "possible" (see the bottom post) card that was on the prop. It DOES make sense because if they used one for Luke's ESB saber, I suppose they could have used on on the V2

Then there is this 7 trace card. It is a fact that a similar 8 trace card was used on the V3, and although it was never seen onscreen, it is shown in promo pics of the MR SE edition V2 (with the lever facing upwards, BTW)

Then there is this. Madcow had a very similar card on his original V2, and the pic below looks to ME like this one! Others say it's just the way the light is reflecting and it is actually the 13 trace circuit card. What say you?

In any event, I really like how the latter one looks on mine

It pays tribute to Madcow's original V2 and looks like the photo.

Oh, BTW for you V2 devotees out there, here is the vid that started it all for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIXrbZrLnD4&list=FLB5V1ePtLfAhVF8eT7e9aBg&index=48&feature=plpp_video

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
  • "I have become your Nightmare"
    • Prestige Sabers
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 12:15:17 AM »
from that pic (at least to me) it looks like an ESB 13 trace card, if you zoom into it the gold reflection looks to stop before the top of the clamp. i think the 7 trace card was from a different version of the V2 (the obi/luke shared stunt). i think ultmately there were so many different versions floating around on the prop table with slight differences, that they are both accurate
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:55 AM »
Luke/Obi Shared Stunt (V3) 8 trace

Luke V2 MR SE  7 trace with lever pointing up

Luke V2 MR LE  13 trace circuit with lever down

And I can certainly see how in the Ewok pic it can be interpreted as the 13 trace card...and it maybe is!

So yeah, on the V2's they are all canon, then.  :D

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »
I love the infinite debate on the various activation cards, lol. Bottom line, Caine has a beautiful, screen accurate , duel worthy V2 and it is only right that GG weathered her. Simply perfect! Caine, enyoy her!

retrousse