fiduciary

Author Topic: Caine's MKVI V2 with CF V5.10 - Now with FoC - FIRST POST UPDATED  (Read 13348 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Caine's MKVI  V2 Goodness

I decided that it was time. Time to make my everlong quest of owning a fully duelable thin necked as accurate as possible V2 come to life. Originally when I commissioned this, I had it made into a V3 and although I liked it a lot, it didn't quite "do it for me" the way a Luke saber should. I didn't have it done into a V2 initially because I didn't want to own 2 different V2's...but then I thought to myself, "Dude...this MKVI DESERVES the V2 treatment....this is what you wanted ever since you saw Madcow's original V2 video back in 2009...Do it!"...So I did, LOL.

Voiding the warranty and gutting the PC 1.5 and sending the hilt to GENERAL GRIEVOUS for a superb weathering job was the next step. Upon receiving it back, it got the special treatment...in many ways I stayed simple, but it still turned out cool as could be. I am one happy dude.

Details, details, details...
Orbital Machining. and LDM MKVI hilt weathered by LDM/GENERAL GRIEVOUS
Custom Aluminum neck made by private machinist.
Sleeve material added to rear of saber to increase thickness like the prop.
CF V5.10
7.4V Li-Ion battery (14500's)
Green Endor Rebel
White and Green SuperBright pommel blinkies
Pastor Jedi D-ring and lever
LDM knurled cone knob
JQ Sabers 2W speaker -this thing makes the hilt nearly vibrate...who needs a rumble motor???   :D

Menu, Menu Backgrounds, boots: Avvatar, Juansith, Madcow

Fonts: Hero, Heirloom (Madcow)  Ep.6 Legends (Juansith) Ep.5 Ice Planet, Yoda and Obsidian Flamb (Novastar)

Vid

UPDATE 3/6/12

Well...it seems that at times I cannot leave well enough alone. But in this case, it worked out for the best.

UPDATES:

*Main LED is now a LEDengin 10W RGGB, with both greens for da main and da red for FoC (that yellowish-amber is very nice)
*Switch setup is now poweron via pressure sensitive activation card (still thanking MH to this day for that link on those teeny tiny polulu switches)
*Batteries from 14500's to 14650's
*Speaker is now a Regal

Vid

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:31:33 PM by Caine »

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Caine's MKVI V2 with CF V5.10
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
:o amazing Caine!

This would be exactly how I'd want an MKVI if I had one! Congrats mate :)

Offline gchu149

• Master Force User
  • Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »
V2 awesomeness!!! Blow my mind why don't you. Simply the greatest V2 I've seen yet... Congrsts on your dream saber Caine!
de CF
Click the link to view my collection at the very bottom of the page:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg330140#msg330140

Offline Rafalema

• Master Force User
  • Dancin' with da polar bears
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:18:31 AM »
We have reached perfection on the outer side of the V2. Next, crystal chamber.
Through Passion, I gain Strength
The Assassin - MHS Custom, CFv5.6

Offline Wong Yoon Wei

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 05:51:39 AM »
Any reason why there is no FoC? That will truly complete the saber!!!

HFX Anakin ROTS Rebel Blue

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:56:27 AM »
ive never really seen the appeal of that saber design, ???... untill recently ... about 10 month ago it started to grow in my estimation  untill its now a favorite OT hilt, i guess looking back  i could never see this hilt as duel worthy.?... just one question about the alumium neck section... do you know what grade of alumium it is ? and just a thought but have you considered a stainless steel option? :) :)

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »
Caine I want that same aluminum neck. Can you please tell me who made it for you? Thank you sir!

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline Kaplan

• Force User
  • Dr. Jones, we meet again... at last.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 09:20:09 AM »
Caine! Welcome to the MkVI V2 club!  ;D  Great job with that one!

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
We have reached perfection on the outer side of the V2. Next, crystal chamber.

Nope, not on this one. Don't need it or want it.  ;)

Any reason why there is no FoC? That will truly complete the saber!!!

Actually, I had a GGGG setup for it but didn't care for the same color FoC.  I really didn't have the motivation to rewire another LEDengin at the moment so I used the Rebel...which I am very pleased with.

ive never really seen the appeal of that saber design, ???... untill recently ... about 10 month ago it started to grow in my estimation  untill its now a favorite OT hilt, i guess looking back  i could never see this hilt as duel worthy.?... just one question about the alumium neck section... do you know what grade of alumium it is ? and just a thought but have you considered a stainless steel option? :) :)

No I don't, sorry. And this is the material that the person uses.

Caine I want that same aluminum neck. Can you please tell me who made it for you? Thank you sir!

Sorry man, but the machinist asked to remain anonymous. They didn't want to get inundated with orders for them because they are a PITA to make...I have a feeling they're not doing anymore for awhile.  :'(

Caine! Welcome to the MkVI V2 club!  ;D  Great job with that one!

Thanks, bro! Who'sMKVI  V2 ya think drove me over the edge?  ;)

Offline jetsaber

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:33 AM »
Another nice saber Caine 8) Now I need one to go with my Hero  :D

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:52 AM »
Looks pretty good!  Love the v2, but something about the shine of the hero made me stick with that for my first mkvi.   Maybe if there is another run, i'll get one as a v2.  I love the hero though, so if i only have one, the v2 takes a back seat.

And as for not feeling like wiring the other ledengin, yellow FoC drives the epicness of this saber through the roof. 

Just watched the video, and that seems really quiet.  You didn't have to try hard to speak over the saber at all.  even with my pommel speaker (regal) and 18500s eating the resonance in the ribs (I guess only one is in the ribs), I have to speak very loudly to be heard on camera over the saber.  Is the board turned up all of the way?  Is that your first JQ speaker?  and how did you install it?  Just curious.  Obviously you're more of a saber building vet than myself, I just wondered why it was so quiet. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:10:11 PM by Alex Gordon »

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »
That thing is stunning Caine, I'm sure you're very pleased with it.  Truly the ultimate Luke V2 hilt.

Offline enaswede

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 01:32:01 PM »
Caine! Welcome to the MkVI V2 club!  ;D  Great job with that one!
Awesome, V2 Caine!!

How many of us are there?  :D

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:32:25 AM by enaswede »

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master!"
Click here to view my personal lightsaber & blaster collection!

Offline sekrogue1985

• Force User
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »
that;s so cool!

I really can't wait to get one of these.

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »

Just watched the video, and that seems really quiet.  You didn't have to try hard to speak over the saber at all.  even with my pommel speaker (regal) and 18500s eating the resonance in the ribs (I guess only one is in the ribs), I have to speak very loudly to be heard on camera over the saber.  Is the board turned up all of the way?  Is that your first JQ speaker?  and how did you install it?  Just curious.  Obviously you're more of a saber building vet than myself, I just wondered why it was so quiet. 

It's not my first 2W speaker at all, and although it isn't UBER loud like say my Madcow Bane, it certainly makes the hilt rumble a little with the resonance. It is mounted tightly in the pommel area and all vents are closed except for the very small space for the recharge port wires and accent LED's to pass thru.  I think the volume is really good and it has a nice deep sound.

retrousse