fiduciary

Author Topic: My Plecter Labs Sith saber (review & video)  (Read 17945 times)

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
Re: My Plecter Labs Sith saber (review & video)
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »
Veeery Nice

-Jango

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2007, 03:30:27 PM »
Yeah your opening was pretty funny. "In search of the most bad a** lighsaber out there"   :D

Yeah..lol
Well some idiot on the MR fourums said they would not watch the video since it had a spelling error in the opening..
What a tool..I hope there not more idiots like that out there.
Sure I aim to do my best,but im not going to loose sleep or re upload the video cuz I spelled Jabba, Jaba...
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2007, 03:45:26 PM »
your new lightsaber is awesome Kit.....everything i thought it would be
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »
We all know a Star Wars nerd who would chime in about the spelling of Jabba can not pass up the oppurtunity to watch a video of a lightsaber  :D

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2007, 12:03:05 PM »
I agree with Kit--what a tool if they are banging their head over a spelling error.  Then again--don't feel alone... after doing Balance of Power, you wouldn't BELIEVE the notes I get on the following subjects:

* your costumes look from all different periods... are you guys pre-this, post-that, Old republic, etc.?? -- My answer... it takes place... a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away, lol... I am not a huge canon/time period of SW nerd.
* why didn't you rotoscope?   --- Because it was a LIVE performance you twit!  :)
* your moves are slow compared to (insert fan film or SW movie here) --- Have you ever held a custom Luxeon LED with a 1" OD 3/4" ID blade that is 36" long?  It's LIVE, you twit!!!

heheh.  Anyhow.  Sorry to vent.  GREAT saber Kit, Erv is really an awesome guy, I encourage everyone to support him and try at LEAST one of his products.  You'll love them.  His board is really great for the Luxeon cause.

If I'm lucky, I'll be designing a driver board of my own, and hopefully it will also be a great upgrade/choice for all of us.  But, that is if bad luck stops coming my way in droves... long story.

Anyhow--wow, it's great to see so many folks getting involved with wiring, battery technologies, LED upgrades and combat stuff.

--Novastar (and yes, BOP II is coming soon... may/june!... uh, for those who care...)
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2007, 02:58:33 PM »
Awesome Kit....I watched the vid and posted a comment.

That saber is pretty sweet.  Makes me wonder what one will look like in Blue.

On the arm thing, its all about comfort in the beginning.  Just to make sure you are not whacking your arm on the more serious spins and to make it easier to do front hand swithes.  But I can say that you don't have to keep it there the whole time.  Let your arm flow with the movement of the rest of your body.   Like when you arc your saber out in front of you  then position your opposite arm the other way, behind you.  If you swing your saber out to the side in an arc then the opposite arm should follow from the side to around the front.

Maybe I'll make a short vid  for Youtube on that.

May The Force FX Be With You!

retrousse