fiduciary

Author Topic: Overlords going to Florida  (Read 20061 times)

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
Re: Overlords going to Florida
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »
No offense to anyone, but if we each had a dime for each time someone told us to be patient while they try to get answers, especially in this situation, we'd all be very rich people by now. This whole situation has been one long delay, with intermittent semi-updates and promises of shipping, only one of which has (partially) happened. Why doesn't Jango have the paperwork? Why doesn't US know what is what? Why did Derek hold on to any of the sabers when he said he wants nothing to do with it? This whole thing stinks more every day, and I just want it over with. And I doubt I'm alone.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 06:03:56 AM »
I have decided.

I'm going with option #3
3. Fronting the $$ myself for parts and build some basic units.
They will be setup with a swappable 4 AAA battery holder and 2 AA hold that will attach via velcro to the back of the speaker unit.
Main MLS units will not be assembled until orders arrive, but hopefully this will speed up the process.
in-hilt recharge will not be setup on any of these.

On the orders I have.
Orakaa wishes his to be sent to Gemini Concepts for assembly. I will ship it next week.
The other five will be built as ordered.

The remaining 9 will be built as basic units without any in-hilt recharge or main LEDs and sent to Ultrasabers HQ for them to distribute to their proper owners.
This effectively takes the matter out of my hands, and US HQ will need to coordinate with DT on who's getting what.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 07:24:54 AM »
Not the choice I would have made, but that's ok. I think this is going to end up being money you'll never get back, to build sabers that may or may not ever get to their perspective owners. It's kind and generous of you, but I don't really think it's warranted in this case.

Anyway, I hope you get them done quickly, and out of your life. It's still a great thing that you jumped into this thing to help, and I'm sorry it has turned on you and bitten. I told you, this project is cursed, and ends up hurting everyone it touches...

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 10:48:37 AM »
Is there any explanation as to WHY Derek held onto some?
Yes,  there is....well,  at least on mine anyway,  and Obi-wan's....to add a few extra things on them....not sure why he kept the others.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:15:04 PM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 12:59:27 PM »
And we still think that's going to happen? After the money issues, and him seemingly wanting to wash his hands of this whole affair (as we all are, at this point)? I'm astounded that he kept any, much less to install "extra" features on them. Which begs the question, why are some getting extras, and not all? And why is it that the remaining 5 names haven't been given to Jango? It would take all of what, 3 seconds, to send an e-mail with the names? Jango could then get shipping/contact info from the purchasers directly, if the paperwork is a hassle to get sent...

crazy

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »
And we still think that's going to happen? After the money issues, and him seemingly wanting to wash his hands of this whole affair (as we all are, at this point)? I'm astounded that he kept any, much less to install "extra" features on them. Which begs the question, why are some getting extras, and not all? And why is it that the remaining 5 names haven't been given to Jango? It would take all of what, 3 seconds, to send an e-mail with the names? Jango could then get shipping/contact info from the purchasers directly, if the paperwork is a hassle to get sent...

crazy
Yes,  I do....you can believe what you want,  I have been without it for this long,  I will wait until it shows up.  Why was my Overlord to get something extra?  Because DT and I got to be pretty good friends and I,  and Sam as well,  helped him out greatly in the past....so he felt the need to do something extra to ours.  I told him at the time it was not necessary,  but DT is somewhat stubborn,  and insisted.  WHEN I get it,  you'll see what I mean.  Am I happy it's taken this long?  Not really....but I understand what can happen when you have to have an unexpected surgery since I had one myself at nearly the same time Derek did.  And his was much more serious.  (And no,  I don't doubt for a second that he actually had the procedure he says he did.)  I guess I'm one of those people that likes to give my friends the benefit of the doubt....I'm sure I'd have a hard time keeping things straight if I had the things happen to me that have happened and are probably still happening to Derek.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:44:46 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 06:20:01 PM »
Well, that does make sense, if there were previous arrangements made for custom work. No one ever said that, or I might not have questioned it.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2009, 04:19:46 AM »
A deep bow for Jango.
A great thing your doing man.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »
Well said Qui Gon,

and yes a bow for Jango
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2009, 04:20:15 PM »
I appreciate the kudos, but we are not out of the woods yet.

Tomorrow, I will be calling Alex and sending in a list of parts. This has be up long enough, so I there are any stragglers that pop up, they will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

My build log is down to the JQsabers CF installs, and I hope to complete them prior to the parts arrival.

I may post a new thread with a build log and assembly photos, in the QUI GON JINN style as I go along to try and keep this interesting.
We'll see.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2009, 09:56:48 PM »

I may post a new thread with a build log and assembly photos, in the QUI GON JINN style as I go along to try and keep this interesting.
We'll see.

That would be great. Not only would we feel a bit more informed along the way, but it's always cool to see work in progress!

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2009, 10:07:16 PM »

We'll see.

That would be great. Not only would we feel a bit more informed along the way, but it's always cool to see work in progress!
Yes,  that would be cool!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 08:40:46 AM »
It certainly would be interesting...and also helpful for those of us who are getting the silver Overlord bodies that Vaders Vault are going to make.

We are celebrating Thanksgiving here in Canada so Thank You once again Jango for what you are doing for us with these Overlords.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »
Parts list sent to Alex. ;D

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »
Anything back from Alex yet, as far as getting you the parts? Just curious.

retrousse