fiduciary

Author Topic: NEC Spark 2 Sound Problem  (Read 1357 times)

Offline TheSaberCore

• Force User
  • Every saber has a core.
NEC Spark 2 Sound Problem
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:06:11 PM »
Hello all, I've been working on my first saber, a Graflex 2.0, and I got a Spark 2 for it. Now I got everything working and was screaming with delight. My only problem was the chassis was too big with the battery inside (which I have fixed now), so I couldn't fit the electronics inside the bottom half. Anyway, I showed my situation to a friend, who proceeded to insert the battery without the SD card. I didn't stop him immediately because I didn't think any harm would become of it. Once he left, as I was taking out the battery, a spark flashed where the negative speaker wire connects to the board, followed by a nasty odor that lasted a couple days. I tried the board with the SD card inside and the LEDs work perfectly, but all I could hear was a faint buzz from the speaker but I could make out the different noises of the saber turning on and off. Thinking the speaker was broken, I got a new 2w bass speaker from TCSS which came today and I retried it with new wires and everything. Now, even with the fresh speaker, there is no sound at all. Like I said, the LEDs still work great, just the sound is the issue. Sorry for the long post, I had a lot to say. Any help, advice, or comments are welcome and appreciated.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:14:51 PM by TheSaberCore »
"Luke."

"The Belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead."

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
Re: NEC Spark 2 Sound Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 03:26:25 PM »
You will want to reach out to Naigon. It sounds like the audio amp was damaged, and may need to be epaired, but Scott (Naigon) will be able to tell you for certain.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline naigon

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Naigon's Electronic Creations
    • SaberIgniter.com
Re: NEC Spark 2 Sound Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 09:26:01 PM »
Yes it sounds like you'll need to contact me for a repair, as the audio amp seems to have been fried from the symptoms you describe.
Naigon
Igniter developer/creater - my site is in my profile!
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29490.0

retrousse