fiduciary

Author Topic: My Anakin RoTS Review.  (Read 10790 times)

Offline Marco125

• No Force
Re: My Anakin RoTS Review.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 11:17:17 PM »
Yeah, and we used just enough force to make the clash sounds.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 02:08:12 AM »
I was duelling with my friend earlier, and the blade has a few scuffs and black marks along it, are there any ways to remove or dull the scuffs?

I'm not sure, mabye you should ask Master Yoda  ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 11:57:58 PM by ani104 »

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 03:56:39 AM »
no probs timmy

i think that they have dropped the price for their easter sale,, however as i have said before, these things were flying off the shelves last year, it will have slowed down considerably for all online sellers now. i think that the maul will not sell as well as expected. i am not buying one just yet, one, because i havenot got the cash and am not too desperate to get another one at the moment. the other reason is that i think the prices of the maul will go down as well when they realise that they are not selling as many as they hoped. and i would wait for that before i grab one.

part of the reason play.com have lowered the prices, is because you could not get hold of some of the sabers at certain points last year and people were going crazy, putting in pre-orders for the luke. my luke rotj was pre-ordered about two months before it came out. firebox.com, told another time they had 100 windus coming in and i was thirteenth on the pre-order list, just 2 weeks before they arrived, this is around october last year, so you can see there that the interest in them was waining slightly even then.

the maul will have plucked up more sales for sure, but it would have done a lot better last year with ROTS release.
Ah, so interest is dwindling...I had expected this. I think it may be a wise move to wait for the Maul anyway, Han. It looks as though they could be dropping in price pretty soon.
I am working all the hours I can at the moment to make up for my 2 months without work. One day when I'm really tired from work I'll tell myself 'go on, you deserve it' and make my journey to the darkside complete with a Vader ESB.

Sorry if I have hi-jacked the thread a bit, Marco. I have heard others on the forum talk of removing scuffs from the blade using something called a 'Mr. Clean Magic Eraser'. Afraid I've never seen them in the UK though. Perhaps you could get one through Ebay.

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 05:04:53 AM »
i think we do have them here timmy

you can get them at wilkinsons and places like that, they are not called Mr. Clean though..  i think its just magic eraser, they are like a block of foam and you use it to get rid of marks on the wall and stuff like that.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »
Cool. I've never seen them. But I am not known for my powers of observation.  ;)

Anyway, if my saber gets any scuffs, now I know the solution. Not that it gets any. I only use it for display and a bit of twirling, no duelling (yet). But when I get more sabers and some sort of conversion, I can see a few duels on the horizon.  ;)

Offline Marco125

• No Force
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 11:31:11 PM »
I've bought one, its called the 'JML Magic Eraser'

Offline jack3auer

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »
thats the thing marco.  let us know if it works please.

Offline Marco125

• No Force
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 01:57:19 AM »
I found, with just a quick bit of rubbing with it very slightly dampened will dull the scuffs, so i'm guessing that with a good bit of elbow-grease it will make them almost impossible to see.

Offline jack3auer

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 01:59:59 AM »
good i will invest in one perhaps.  although my sabers are now on display so duelling with them is not at the top of my priority list anymore!

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2006, 03:22:19 AM »
Ya, I may get one too  :)

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 08:03:44 PM »
great review bro I hope you'll make more in the future.

Offline Jedi Ollie

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 12:25:18 PM »
Good review, liked the story ;D Please make more :)

Offline Lord Clueless

• Force User
  • Saber Lord
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 06:31:45 PM »
nice review

retrousse