fiduciary

Author Topic: Back to the roots: brightest and most screen accurate Luke EPVI  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Obi_1

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Creator of DIYino - first open source FX-board
This saber has been hand crafted from the hilt to the segmented LED string. More, the guy even programmed the the saber board with help of a friend. Possibly the most screen accurate Luke EPVI saber ever, and definitely the brightest one! Anthony, this you will like I know!

Made in Germany :)

The guy made this saber after doing a lot of research, he even analyzed the movie picture by picture to mimic exactly the same flickering as seen in there. He went back to the roots, this saber is built up with segmented LED strings, and you will recognize that to obtain the same flickering as in the movie he programmed each of the 6 segments with an individual pattern. Since he made the hilt himself, as well as the blade LED string and programmed the effect on his own, it can be considered a true Jedi's weapon: fully self constructed, a real rarity and an excellent execution!

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Back to the roots: brightest and most screen accurate Luke EPVI
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:48:59 AM »
Looks awesome! Very real effect and bright! Hilt looks great, too. This is using DIYino that he programmed?

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 06:30:49 AM »
Great work here!  It's fun playing with different ignition and flicker styles.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 08:08:44 AM »
Wow that's really nice.

Offline Obi_1

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Creator of DIYino - first open source FX-board
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 03:16:00 AM »
Looks awesome! Very real effect and bright! Hilt looks great, too. This is using DIYino that he programmed?

Yes, I know that he programmed the screen accurate flicket himself, which is - although he did not piblish the code - probably a sequence of PWM values stored in the program flash. The board is a DIYino Prime, since he crams in an aweful amount of LEDs I was told, he made a custom PCB using MOSFETs with higher current ratings and a serial II setup.

retrousse