fiduciary

Author Topic: Hasbro Vader activation  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Meatsweats

• Padawan Learner
Hasbro Vader activation
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:59:02 AM »
Hi all. 

I'm gearing up to do a full conversion on a 2015 Hasbro Black Series Vader. I really want two switches under the bubble card. Has anyone successfully used one of those Shtok MPP switch holders on a Hasbro Vader? Alternatively, is it pretty easy to get 2 tactile momentary switches under the bubble card? Thanks a lot!

Offline Meatsweats

• Padawan Learner
Re: Hasbro Vader activation
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 01:15:23 PM »
Just decided to put a single small tactile switch in he clamp.

Also, can anyone recommend a chassis for this? I've seen TCSS v6 used but requires a chassis retention screw, would prefer to not have to drill a hole. Will be holding a NBv4.

Offline Scarecrow

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »
My first suggestion would be to abandon your plans with the Hasbro saber and pick up an MPP 2.0 from Korbanth or TCSS.  It would be far easier in the long run.  There are tons of little things you have to work around when doing conversions and it'll try your patience.  The MPP 2.0 was designed to be a buildable saber.

You can't use the shtok switch holder with the Hasbro, unfortunately.  Or pretty much anything else made for an MPP or 2.0.  If you're determined to do a full conversion then there's an MR chassis on Shapeways.  You'll have to look for it because I'm not sure if I can post the link, sorry.   

Offline Meatsweats

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 02:27:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I definitely considered doing an MPP but have already gotten the parts and started on the conversion. I have seen the darth ryo MR chassis you mentioned my worry is that I'm not sure it would fit in the Hasbro as I measured it and it would be extremely tight. Not really sure how much different the diameters are between MR and Hasbro.

Just putting feelers out there to see if anyone found a 3D printed chassis that they know will work with the Hasbro model. I've looked all around and not found one.

Offline Scarecrow

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 05:53:22 PM »
I can't guarantee they'll fit the Black series but I know they fit in the prior Hasbro model. 

Offline Darth Jal

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »
Just wanted to chime in on the chassis question.

The DR (Goth 3d) chassis will fit, however, you have to mark the centers of the grips and file a 1/4" small "channel" in the chassis...then smooth it out with a little sanding. The chassis then slides nicely into the "grooves" and the internal grip plastic holds it securely. A good plus on it is that it will "line up" perfectly for charging re-insertion and / or SD access every time.

Hope that helps someone down the road.

Darth Jal

Offline Doaln

• No Force
  • Impressive. Most impressive.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 08:36:14 PM »
In case someone stumbles upon this in the future and is looking for a Darth Vader or other Force FX lightsaber chassis, there is one on Shapeways from Arms of Ilum.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but I found this while researching my own conversions. Hope it helps someone!

retrousse