fiduciary

Author Topic: NEW FONTS SUBMITTED TO SABERFONT!  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
NEW FONTS SUBMITTED TO SABERFONT!
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:19:59 AM »
Hey Saberland!!! 

Just wanted to update you all on my progress!! GOOD NEWS!! I have finished with all of my new fonts and they have been submitted to Saberfont.com and will be available soon!!! 

Here is what is coming!

KYLO
FINN
EZRA (rebels season 2)
OLD MASTER (Darth Maul rebels season 2)
RONIN  (ahsoka rebels season2)
SNIPS  (TANO remade)
REVAN REBIRTH
SEVENTH SISTER (rebels season2 Female Inquisitor)
LORD VADER (rebels season2)
AVP  (Alien VS Predator)
TRANSFORM RESURRECTION

YOU CAN CATCH ALL OF THE VIDEO DEMOS OF THESE BY GOING HERE:  SABERLINK STUDIOS SOUNDFONT VIDEO DEMOS PAGE ( evolving )

OR YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY YouTube page by searching   Saberlink Studios where ALL my soundfont video demos can be found!

Thanks again for the amazing support!!

LINK

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
Re: NEW FONTS SUBMITTED TO SABERFONT!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:12:36 PM »
nice, dude! :)

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »
I've seen all the previews and they are great:)
There's a couple I want, and some of LB and Madcow too, newer ones that aren't up there.
But it seems like it will never be updated. On top of that, I don't do Facebook or anything, and it seems like folks who don't can't get access to all these fonts. 
I've seen a bunch of YouTube stuff where folks have the new fonts, but those who don't do social media are kinda left out.
Not your problem, and apologies for the mini rant, I just want these on my sabers! 😎
-Darkmatter73

Offline Link

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »
I can only speak for my material but,...

There are only about 2 people who I gave early access to any of my fonts... 1 was the NEC version of RONIN. I gave that to Darth Alice early because he's working on The Ahsoka Rebels season 2 sabers...

There is also another saber run on a different forum to which I allowed early purchase of 1 font to all who had a paid deposit for that run...

Other than those two exception... No one has access to my fonts. Saberfont will be updated very soon and all my new works will be available at that time.

I will always update this forum with the latest news regarding any of my fonts. And as always if you guys have questions, yall can ask away!!

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 04:54:17 PM »
You're going to kill my wallet when these are available!   :wink:

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 06:26:05 PM »
Thanks Link.
I can't wait for the update! So many wonderful fonts to had.

Offline Link

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 09:47:32 PM »
Thanks so much for the continued support!! I can't wait till yall have them in your sabers.

Offline xl97

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 03:32:59 PM »
I've seen all the previews and they are great:)
There's a couple I want, and some of LB and Madcow too, newer ones that aren't up there.
But it seems like it will never be updated. On top of that, I don't do Facebook or anything, and it seems like folks who don't can't get access to all these fonts. 
I've seen a bunch of YouTube stuff where folks have the new fonts, but those who don't do social media are kinda left out.
Not your problem, and apologies for the mini rant, I just want these on my sabers! 😎
-Darkmatter73

1.) Saberfont.com is under going a revamp and new site launch will be soon.   Hence the lack of new fonts being posted (no need for double work)..  that being said.. the site is basically run by two people.  (in their very limited spare time in fact) ;)

2.) As far as I understand it.. no font listed on SF.com should be available anywhere else. :) (social media or not)

3.) What fonts are you seeing distributed or available through social media outlets?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:57:08 PM by xl97 »

Offline TheBaconWizard

• Experienced Force User
  • Font artist
    • CrystalSonix
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 05:10:56 PM »

2.) As far as I understand it.. no font listed on SF.com should be available anywhere else.  (social media or not)

3.) What fonts are you seeing distributed or available through social media outlets?

I think he is referring to new fonts that have NOT been listed (yet) on saberfont, thus the artists are making them available privately on forums and groups where it is permitted. I know of several well known makers who have done that, and so have I.

In fact, I have been asked on a number of occasions to do so because someone wanted a font of mine which wasn't yet available for download, and I am a complete newcomer so it must be 10-fold for more established folks with a reputation for quality and virus-free files.

I am certain once SF.com is updated people will prefer to go via that route for the protection it provides and the font makes will be glad to get their fonts out to people in a place where everyone knows to go. Everyone wants it.

Offline Link

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »
Since this thread has been totally derailed.... I'll throw in my two cents...

Saberfont.com is not the ONLY source for fonts... There are some font makers who like to sell directly. I have only done this on MAYBE 2 occasions ever...

I prefer folks to use Saberfont.com as that was the point of it being created.. But that doesn't mean people HAVE to do it that way. Truly, it's up to the fontmaker if they want to use that route or not. Most of us do to my knowledge.

To all of you who are wondering.. "What the heck is taking so long for updates? or whatever"  Just understand that, like Xl97 said.. The site is ran by 2 people.. Vader's Vault & Xl97. WHEN they have the time.

You can always PM a font maker and ask if you can purchase directly.. but most of us will ask you to go to Saberfont.com... to my knowledge anyway.

retrousse