fiduciary

Author Topic: for all you Darth Maul fans.....  (Read 3589 times)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: for all you Darth Maul fans.....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 05:13:06 AM »
Wow, looks really nice!

Offline CinDrycast

• Experienced Force User
  • Remember... The Force will be with you... Always!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »
Cool man!

The sad thing about it, is that eFX announces this when they just resurrected Maul in TCW... That means to me: they're going to do only TCW related stuff (continuing Hasbro's policy of Kit Fisto and Asajj Ventres' FX sabers)... We'll probably never see a Qui-Gon or a Obi TPM hilt... Not hollow nor FX... :(

Master Replicas Ep. VI Luke Skywalker Lightsaber V2 LE #0496/1500
eFX Episode VI Luke Skywalker 'Version Two' Lightsaber PCR

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 06:21:38 PM »
I checked out their booth at WonderCon over the weekend.  They had the Maul on display, an unfinished prototype because it still had the threaded rod ends sticking out of the emitters.  Looks pretty authentic, having seen the actual prop up close.  Definitely more raw and unclean as compared to the MR version.

I think their choice to do Maul is a good one, especially since there's so much talk on these forums about a custom run of Maul saber staffs, which I am already for sure in (can you say dual-full-powah???)  I don't think TCW has everything to do with it, maybe more the re-release of TPM in 3D.

Here's a pic I took of the unfinished Maul hilt.  You can see the threaded rod ends where the emitters would be.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:45:51 PM by toddshogun »

Offline CinDrycast

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »
Wow! That looks cool! Hope the price of the finished product won't be a burst! I'd love to get it!

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
Yeah, I got to handle that prototype Maul at Wondercon, I was talking to the eFX associate and he let me handle both that and the Luke Reveal saber (which is flippin' sweet, btw- I'm really envious of all of you that have one! :D). And I have to say, I'm a pretty big fan of their PCR resin line. The same associate really had to push me hard, but I finally gave way and purchased the Luke PCR  ;D. I really like the weight, of both the Luke and Maul, it feels like it could definitely be a screen used stunt! (And yes I know how fragile they actually are, I read WEDGE's post). Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I may post a review of the ROTJ Luke in this section...
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline CinDrycast

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
Yeah, I got to handle that prototype Maul at Wondercon, I was talking to the eFX associate and he let me handle both that and the Luke Reveal saber (which is flippin' sweet, btw- I'm really envious of all of you that have one! :D). And I have to say, I'm a pretty big fan of their PCR resin line. The same associate really had to push me hard, but I finally gave way and purchased the Luke PCR  ;D. I really like the weight, of both the Luke and Maul, it feels like it could definitely be a screen used stunt! (And yes I know how fragile they actually are, I read WEDGE's post). Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I may post a review of the ROTJ Luke in this section...

I own the Luke V2 PCR and I've gotta say it's good for what I've paid it (less than 90$) it is cool cause it seems solid and has a plausible weight (it is not so solid, but who cares, I'll use it for some occasional cosplaying and for exposing it on a shelf, so who cares). My hope is that eFX will continue his PCR Stunt line after this new Maul version. They could make some cool hilts (Obi-Wan TPM :-Q___ or Luke's ANH or ESB Graflex :D I think a Darth Sidious would be very appreciated too)

retrousse