fiduciary

Author Topic: Vader's Vault NEW product line: Combat Class sabers w/ sound! NEW Models!  (Read 127417 times)

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
Hello Saberfans!!! :D

It has been a long time in the making, and we're still fighting an uphill battle with supply, but we just couldn't wait any longer to debut these. Some people may have forgotten, but we have always provided an entry level, quality product in our stunt line. Whether it was the days of old when we did PVC stunts, or when we hand machined aluminum stunts or more recently with our popular Havoc and Fury stunt models.

When we had the Havoc and Fury made, and I got one in my hands, I thought "How cool would it be to offer these with an awesome soundboard that we didn't have to rip out of something else?". At the time, while we could have squeezed a PC inside, it wouldn't have made a very user friendly product. We needed a more elegant solution. Where do you go when you want elegant electronics? Plecter Labs baby!! :D We approached Erv' last year about our needs, and there must have been a planetary alignment, crop circle, or sale on ergonomic furniture somewhere because he agreed to build us a teeny tiny, super awesome soundboard for us to use in our stunts, and so that we, and our peers could use them in affordable, entry level products to offer the community. It opened up whole new doors for saber possibilities, and it was a darn fine board! Like everything Plecter Labs does, its artistry. People don't realize that this is Erv's art. Some people paint with oils, acrylics, or watercolors...Erv' paints with 01's and 0's.

There is a whole thread on the Crystal Shard, so I won't reiterate all of its features, only to say that we can now put them in sabers that before, wouldn't have been able to have quality sound and features only found on higher end soundboards. Some people were negative about the board, and put it down because it wasn't available for DIY'ers. Well, that's because it was a private commission and if it were to be retailed it would be too close to the price of the Petit Crouton to be viable. Also, with this awesome soundboard, it led to the development of the Nano Biscotte soon to be available at TCSS. See, good things always come to those who wait a bit ;)

We are now able to offer to you, the saber loving community, a slim, perfectly balanced Vader's Vault saber with Plecter Labs sound in a complete package starting at just $299. That's right, Plecter sound, TWO soundfonts, aux effects, the ability to change soundfonts, uber slim profile saber with quick change power cell solution WITH blade and charger for under $300 bucks!!

These are available in our standard colors of RED, AMBER, GREEN, BLUE, Pink, Yellow, White, CyanOPPRESSION STOPPING PURPLISCIOUS PURPLE (OSPP) ;D, Sky Blue, and NEW TORange

Of course, we will offer upgraded features like 9W LEDs, Flash On Clash, powder coating and more.

The base package price for each saber will be:

$299USD + shipping will include saber with Crystal Shard 2.0 installed (2018 we are now on CS 4.0), 1 X 18650 Li-Ion cell (extras available for purchase), external charger, 32" Dual Diffused Vader's Vault Blade. Standard base price is with 3W LED in any of our colors listed above (no longer offered, now all Combat Class Sabers include the Suncrusher Tri LED. For Flash On Clash with the 3W mixed colors add $10

For a 9W Tri LED with FoC add $35USD  *EDIT Suncrusher LED NOW included on all Combat Class

Weathering add $30-50 USD

Covertec wheel installation add $10-$20USD

RGB/multi-shade Color Change option add $99USD

NEW (2018) Plecterpixel RGB $165 USD

[/size][/color]
Pics:

Fury: (Starting at $349)

Shadow Fury: (starting at $384)

Fury Elite: (starting at $449)

Fury LG: (Starting at $499)

Havoc: (Starting at $349)

Dark Havoc: (Starting at $384)

The Battle-Wrap Havoc: (Starting at $450)

NEW The Tempest: (Starting at $315)

NEW Combat Class Coupler:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p_ieDcGcT0&feature=youtu.be

NEW CHANGES TO THE FURY, CHASSIS, and SPEAKER!!!!!!

With this latest batch, we are so excited to announce that we have made some changes to this awesome and affordable line of sabers! First, the chassis. We were hand machining the previous chassis ourselves and with the limitations of manual machines as well as the time involved to machine those chassis (two full days for two dozen of them :o :'() we had to make them shorter than we would have liked. This led to some inevitable separation between the battery holder and the chassis during use for some people. We had a new chassis designed, one that was full length and fully supported the battery holder with no joint.

Since we came out with the line, we have been testing, and testing, and testing different speakers from different manufacturers around the globe. While the PUI speaker that we have been using has been great, one of the sample speakers we received last year was incredible. It is a 3W 4ohm 20mm speaker. Yes, the new little guy you see at TCSS ;) It may be small, but it has INCREDIBLE bass response, frequency range, and decibel level. It blows away speakers with much bigger diaphragms and the same specs. It is literally twice as loud as the current speaker. Tim at TCSS was kind enough to help us out with getting these speakers and if you have a small install that you need big sound from (Korbanth hilts come to mind....), this speaker will blow your mind.

The Fury model was originally designed and produced with flat milled channels for the grips. This was in anticipation for being able to mold rubber grips for them. We tried doing it ourselves and could not get the consistency or shore hardness we wanted. Tim at TCSS again came to our rescue and we developed a mutually beneficial product. We were able to get molded a nice low profile rubber grip that fits in the Fury (V1 version, and current version, V2 version with rounded flutes not supported) and is also available at TCSS for install on MHS pieces (with custom work milling).

PLEASE visit our store at store.vadersvault.com OR EMAIL US AT sabersmith@vadersvault.com

Havoc™, Dark Havoc™, Battle-Wrap Havoc™, Fury™, Shadow Fury™ and Fury Elite™, Tempest™ Designs 2011 by Vader's Vault.  All rights reserved.  All Vader's Vault designs are the Intellectual Property of Vader's Vault.  Any use without express written permission can result in legal recourse.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:24:04 PM by STARKILLER »

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Re: Vader's Vault NEW product line: Affordable sabers with sound!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
Awesome! These'll sell fast I bet!

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »
Vader's Vault continues to amaze us!!!!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »
Finally. I was so hoping to see a line like this to fill the void that some un named saber retailers left us with. This is a step above and beyond what I had hoped. Thanks vaders vault.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:01:41 PM »
WOW.  That really puts that board to good use, and steps up the "entry" level.  Nice work, Mace.

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:22 PM »
Impressive, most impressive  8)
can't wait to hold one of these babies in my hands!  :)
Thanks guys!  ;)

Offline Azmaria Dei

• Mistress of the Crumbles
  • Force User
  • In sleep do I find my peace.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »
really want one of those Dark Havocs... maybe i'll be able to afford one in a few months.

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
Simply amazing. Owning both the Havoc and Fury stunts myself, I can tell you all first hand how awesome they are. You can read my review on the hilts here:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35476.0

This is one step above though. We now have these same incredible hilts with the new Crystal Shard soundboard! This is just too cool. Let the saber dueling begin!!

Having all those extra options (FoC, powder coating, 10W LEDs etc) is the icing on the cake here. A fully decked out Fury or Havoc would be such a sight to see!

Congrats Vader's Vault and thank you for putting all this together :)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 01:06:17 AM »
Ah, combat ready LED sabers from Da Vault...what more could anyone ask for?  :D

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 01:21:35 AM »
Throw me in for interest in the Dark Havoc when they become available.  Great work guys, glad to see this section of the hobby expanding!

Offline RoHan Solo

• Force User
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 02:28:16 AM »
I can see a couple of Dark Furys in my future... I have a feeling my twins would loooooooooove these...  ;D

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 06:39:07 AM »
I can see a couple of Dark Furys in my future... I have a feeling my twins would loooooooooove these...  ;D

Twins? You mean "Lefty and Righty"? ;D Dual wielding Shadow Fury's would be awesome!

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 06:42:18 AM »

Twins? You mean "Lefty and Righty"? ;D Dual wielding Shadow Fury's would be awesome!

Personally, I love my Havoc and Fury for dual wielding 8) one of each, for variety. Plus I use my mouth with my stunts for a soundboard :P unlimited fonts :D

Offline Jagged Fel

• Experienced Force User
  • "I know lesson one.Don't grab the glowy end."
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:08 AM »
Great work as usual VV and at an unbelievable price,WoW!
I can see getting one of these in the future :) What a great way for me to practice my saber spins and not be so worried about dropping it ;)
Sabers so far:

Luke V2,US 2.5 with crystal chamber(by ALuke123)
MR Vader ESB
MR Luke ESB
MR Luke ROTJ
MR Obi-Wan ROTS
Leia(work in progress)

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »
I'm very impressed with the sound quality and volume on these! What kind of speaker are you using with these, 2 watt?

retrousse