fiduciary

Author Topic: Re: Qui-Gon Jinn LE shipping IMMEDIATELY (5/3)!!  (Read 9349 times)

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
Re: Qui-Gon Jinn LE shipping soon!!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »
Speaking of the helmets, I screwed up when I ordered mine.  i don't have a credit card, so I don't buy direct from MR.  I'd be getting free stuff because of my wait for my helmet, but noooooo... I had to go and preorder one in January from shop4toyz on Ebay.  This guy doesn't like to answer his emails either- trying to get my money back.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 09:05:48 PM »
Man I wished they had sent them all out before they knew about the mistakes.  I'm not really going to use it just for display, but for a costume on a mannequin.  I was going to weather it so the dang paint is going to be messed up anyway.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline Darth Nickel

• Padawan Learner
  • I sense something; a presence I've not felt since.
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 06:32:45 PM »
I can't wait for the Qui-Gon to arrive. Just a few more days. I was very excited to see the pre-shipping notice. Way to go MR.
"You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me"

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »
It was indeed exciting, but the painful wait will come soon, the long shipping time from NJ to CA.  Agony!

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 06:52:29 PM »
Surley you're used to that now Luke :D

Offline Darth Nickel

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »
I understand. Mostly everything else seems like it comes from CA, so being in Ohio.... I understand your pain. It still takes a while for MR stuff to get to me, but I feel your pain. It always feels like it's a year before it ever gets here.
"You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me"

Offline Darth Nickel

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 06:54:17 PM »
Surley you're used to that now Luke :D

Ani, How are you doing? I've not seen you around The Sith Empire in a while. I hope you have been doing well.  Good to see you here too.

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 07:01:42 PM »
Used to it? Sure.  That doesn't make it any better!  ;)

Darth Nickel, we've kidnapped ani and he lives here now. :D

Offline Darth Nickel

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 07:06:52 PM »
Used to it? Sure.  That doesn't make it any better!  ;)

Darth Nickel, we've kidnapped ani and he lives here now. :D

lol. That's pretty good LS. Now can't we all get a long and share???? I've not seen you at The Sith Empire either.... :) j/k.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 07:09:19 PM »
I'll try and com along soon. To be honest I'm not having much time to go on forums :(, but you'll see me around soon ;)

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »
Well DN we definitely run in the same circles, my name is right next to yours on Hecubus' list on RS.  :D

Offline Darth Nickel

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 07:41:01 PM »
NO WAY!!! Ha ha ha. That's pretty sweet.  Nice to see you here too man (I never would have known). You are also welcome at the Empire, it's new and I would love to have another prop's guy out there with me. (from your site to my site – please make yourself at home)

BTW... That's going to be a sweet project. I can't wait to see it in person. It's going to take a while, but it will be worth it. How long do you think until we get them? July? August? or longer?

I've not gone through all the updates. Did you decide on the ESB or ANH ; Light or not. I'm going ANH w/light to match my LE, Rebel Flight Helmet, JTR display. What do you think... too much for one display?

Small world man. Thanks for letting me in.

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 09:34:54 PM »
Actually now that the project's started the threads become a debate of ANH or ESB.  I went with the VD and the light (for 25 bucks its such a great feature), but those who would rather go with the original lightsaber and the ANH do make a good point.  As far as how long it will take it sounds like Parks is a big determining factor, but some are thinking July, and I tend to agree.  Actually, that would be perfect, right after I get my project from OZ! :D

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 11:53:43 PM »
Project? OZ? Original lightsaber? ???

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2006, 12:27:53 AM »
The project DK and I are in on is one that was available for only about a day on RS, it was so sought after.  I'll give you a hint:

(That pic is from the wookieepedia, the real thing is much cooler, count on plenty of pics when its done  ;) )

As for OZ, he's a master custom sabersmith, very fine work. ;)

retrousse