fiduciary

Author Topic: AOTC advanced conversion review by CCS  (Read 12627 times)

Offline Major Thomas

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
AOTC advanced conversion review by CCS
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:48:59 PM »
Hello My name is Brian (Major Thomas)
      I am new to the forum and I am writing a review about my MR FX AOTC saber that I purchased in 2002 from Sharper Image that I just recently had converted by Austin Harrison of Calvary Custom Sabers. I have downloaded some pictures to look at but the site wont let me download. If this topic is not in the right place feel free to move to correct thread, anyways sorry I don't know how to copy and paste a movie of it. My overall review of my expierence with Austin is nothing less than a positive and very professional one. My saber took awhile to complete cause I let him he had installed some really nice disc's in the chassis and relocated the kill switch in the disassembly housing and some other things, the workmanship is exquisite and very streamline this upgrade includes the following: Petite crouton v. 2.0, 10 watt RGGB engine, mace windu conv. kit, aux. switch, custom reveal chassis with quartz crystal, 7.4 lith AW cellpack, 1.3 recharge port, power extndr for FOC and a 32" bullet tip blade. Whew!!. Austin is very detailed and you guys are lucky to have a gifted young man like him in your hobby.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:53:15 PM by Major Thomas »

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Re: AOTC advanced conversion review by CCS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:12:18 PM »
To post pictures on this forum, you must upload them to an image hosting site first, such as Photobucket or ImageShack, then use the appropriate code to post the image.

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
  • InUmbrisPotestasEst--In the shadows there is power
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:57:28 AM »
MT, I currently have an Anakin AOTC MR saber there with Austin right now. The whole process definitely takes a while but I'm hoping to have mine back in a few months converted as well. I sent it to him last fall. I gutted it and removed the blade to make shipping nice and easy. Currently I'm #5 on his conversion list and can't wait to see this saber when it's done since he specializes in converting these Anakin AOTC hilts. It should be pretty cool to see!  8)
MR Darth Vader ESB(stock)
MR Darth Vader ESB(converted PC2)                                  
MR Anakin AOTC "Darkside version"(converted CF5)
Yoda Replica Graflex V(CF4)
MR Anakin AOTC(converted PC3)
Hasbro Anakin ROTS(converted PC2)
Parks Replica Graflex ESB/TFA w/glass eye(CF5)

Offline Major Thomas

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 01:07:26 PM »
DJK,
      You are going to be amazed it is really a work of art, my saber has these eradescent (spelled wrong) blue discs by a guy he uses SERGIO I think? so when the saber is on it literally glows cause I have a crystal reveal chassis the whole chassis itself is really clean and he now hides the wiring in a down tube with in it, the on and off switch will be the same as if it was the EL the kill key is in a hidden place on the device in side that box thing that has the screws in it, the auxiliary is right next to the on and off, what I like about my set up the most its more realistic in sound and looks as if you where to see it on the big screen doesn't have that small chain saw engine sound, I was 8 yearsold when I saw the original Star Wars (new hope, no CG stuff). You are going to be very very pleased when you see yours done up your lucky you got onto his build log too he isn't doing advanced conversions anymore and it took about 10 months till I received mine back, so congrats on that!

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »
Thanks for the kind words MT, and am so glad you like the saber.

Dark Jedi Knight, A few months is indeed the goal. I set up a calendar about a week ago, and will be filling it in with goals of completion times to keep myself accountable, and further communication with you all.  8)

The disks were custom made by Sanjuro of Sanjuro Systems. His work is indeed amazing, and those disks complete the saber chassis IMO. Anyone who wants Dimensions to order some for this particular hilt can PM me.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 04:36:58 PM »
We want...dare I say need some pictures my friends. 
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Major Thomas

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
Hey Austin if that's you?
           can you forward that youtube video of my saber to this forum? This is Brian B. I cant for some reason down load anything on my so called newer computer been having issues again with it. Thanks friend.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:20:25 PM by Major Thomas »

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Major Thomas

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »
Thankyou Austin talk with you tomarrow. Check out the video guys. 

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
MT, thanks for all of the info! I recently moved up on his list and get a little more excited as time goes on. I've seen his work on other AOTC sabers and they are truly fantastic. Although I chose to go with a slightly simpler version using no crystal chamber in this one and no FoC. The basic conversion for me will be great in itself with the LEDs active and the PC running the show. Can't wait!  :D

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »
Thanks for the kind words MT, and am so glad you like the saber.

Dark Jedi Knight, A few months is indeed the goal. I set up a calendar about a week ago, and will be filling it in with goals of completion times to keep myself accountable, and further communication with you all.  8)

The disks were custom made by Sanjuro of Sanjuro Systems. His work is indeed amazing, and those disks complete the saber chassis IMO. Anyone who wants Dimensions to order some for this particular hilt can PM me.

Hi Austin! No worries here on my end! All good things take time and I know your workload is pretty intense. I'm just happy I was able to get on your conversion list last fall before you stopped taking conversion requests. The AOTC conversions are awesome and I'm really looking forward to seeing this one when it's complete. Thanks for the updated info!  :D

Offline Major Thomas

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »
MT, thanks for all of the info! I recently moved up on his list and get a little more excited as time goes on. I've seen his work on other AOTC sabers and they are truly fantastic. Although I chose to go with a slightly simpler version using no crystal chamber in this one and no FoC. The basic conversion for me will be great in itself with the LEDs active and the PC running the show. Can't wait!  :D
Hello DJK
               Check out the video he made for me whilst in production its a couple of threads up then you will get an idea what its going to look like, I really like the MR AOTC its a really nice looking saber of coarse when I bought mine at Sharper Image in 2002 it was the only one they had on display and was the first FX saber ever at the time, before then when I was a kid in the late 70's it was wooden broom sticks painted up and you had to make your own sound affects Lol!, I like the idea that the AOTC is the grandpa of all the FX sabers you see now being built and fabricated its definitely a respect issue when you have this saber converted and like you said worth the wait. Austin is a honorable man. Cheers

retrousse