fiduciary

Author Topic: Food Capsules  (Read 1265 times)

Offline wolf10100

• Master Force User
    • Master Sabers
Food Capsules
« on: April 16, 2014, 02:28:17 AM »
Ok So I have been working on a costume for a while now that I am happy with. It's not exactly a "common" look from the Star Wars Universe but I am going for more of a, this day and age, this galaxy, what do I think would work sort of look lol.

Anyway, back on topic... I've seen Food Capsules around on a few different websites and some of them are great, some are a bit too simple to be worth the cost they are asking. I.E some sites want $40 just for pen lids with plastic spheres glued to the bottom. I could make something stupid like 25-30 of them like that for that sort of money.

I then came across some metal ones which were pretty cool, and was then told about ones that are metal that actually unscrew and have a chamber for powder etc to actually be put inside.

So I thought, that sounds really cool, lets see what I can make... so he are some renders:

So the image on the right shows how it will be in two parts, then when it arrives in my hands, I will Tap and Die the two parts to allow a nice smooth screw action that will create a nice tight seal

Prototypes are on the way, then the fine-tuning will take place, then the final metal ones will be ordered :)
Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

Offline lgtsbr

• Force User
    • Saberbelt.com
Re: Food Capsules
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 05:36:08 AM »
very cool!  How do they compare size wise with the real ones?  Did you source the correct paint colors yet?

I hear ya on the cost of the actual ones made from the pens.  Problem is the pens themselves are killer expensive and somewhat hard to find now (I think), which is a shame because they are awesome pens.  I know when I did mine, I used the actual pens and Testor's paint. 

Dave

Offline wolf10100

• Master Force User
    • Master Sabers
Re: Food Capsules
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:46:25 AM »
If my sources were correct, then it should be accurate to within a few mm, however they have been known to be wrong before. That it why I always Prototype first lol. With regards to the colors, they are designed to be turned any color I want. This is just so that they can match any costume they are designed for (there is a lot of custom costumes out there that don't follow the usual colors lol)
Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

retrousse