fiduciary

Author Topic: MAUL QUESTIONS  (Read 4841 times)

Offline jdmac29

• No Force
MAUL QUESTIONS
« on: July 24, 2007, 07:54:19 AM »
I just purchased my 1st lightsaber yesterday at Borders. A single bladed Maul for $70.00.
I purchased new duracell ultras. When I leave the Saber on the horizontal stand and turn it on and don't touch it, it will shut off in about 3 minutes on it's own. Is this a battery saver or is there possible something wrong. When I hold it and move it around this does not happen. The sound is a little bit weird also a slight movement and it makes a noise but sometimes when I swing it harshly the other way no noise. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
Re: MAUL QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:41:56 AM »
The sound issues I don't have a comment on yet but....

There is an auto power off on most FX sabers so that they turn themselves off after a few minutes of non-use.

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
Sometimes I'll have sound issues with my full Maul.  The simple solution if it sounds distorted or weak is to take out one battery and put it back in the hilt.  Fire it up and it should fix it.  If anything get fresh batteries.

Infact all my FX sabers do this from time to time with me having to take a battery out and putting it back in and it will fix the issue.

Offline jdmac29

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
Thanks for all the information. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing defective.
No I can enjoy my new saber.
jdmac29

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 02:18:24 AM »
Also...

Welcome jdmac29! ;)

There is a battery saver that shuts off the saber automatically as answered before. BUT, don't rely on it to keep your batteries from draining. Even though the protection ciruit kicks in, there is still current running through the circuitry, and the batteries WILL deplete when the saber is in "sleep" mode :)

If you are having issues with the sound when swinging (motion sensor) the saber. It is normal for the sith boards to have a  slight delay. It could be that you haven't gotten the saber "broken-in" yet.

Sometimes the motion and clash sensors in Force FX have a tendency to be a little tight when new. It's completely normal, and they do eventually become a little more sensitive with time and use.

Enjoy your new saber! ;)

Offline NightFire

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 08:19:30 PM »
I just purchased my 1st lightsaber yesterday at Borders. A single bladed Maul for $70.00.
I purchased new duracell ultras. When I leave the Saber on the horizontal stand and turn it on and don't touch it, it will shut off in about 3 minutes on it's own. Is this a battery saver or is there possible something wrong. When I hold it and move it around this does not happen. The sound is a little bit weird also a slight movement and it makes a noise but sometimes when I swing it harshly the other way no noise. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sounds like you got a good price on it too. Nice!

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:22:25 AM »
Yeah most Mauls in my area just for the single are 99 to 110 bucks. Good luck with the solutions provided to you. :)

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
  • ...you know, as in Kill Bill?
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 02:46:37 AM »
Thanks

From your description, your saber seems quite normal to me. Honestly, the MR soundboards have never been very accurate to the motion made. The motion sounds are latent at times, and other times they don't make a sound at all.  Sometimes you barely move the saber at all and it's going crazy.

It's why alot of us(myself included) have opted for more refined, better quality soundboards such as the one Erv offers from Plecter labs and the upcoming soundboard Alex from Ultrasabers is about to release.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:51:15 AM by killphil »

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 09:55:59 AM »
Yup.. perfectly normal. My vader ESB was really sensitive at first.. but I think after 2 years of playing around, the motion sensors are getting a little resistant. So it now responds pretty well.

retrousse