fiduciary

Author Topic: Anyone in Oklahoma?  (Read 40896 times)

Offline Unseen_jedi

• Padawan Learner
  • I do not shun my anger. I control it, reshape it.
Anyone in Oklahoma?
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:55:03 AM »
 I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma, and it being a small town, there are not many Jedi (read: lightsaber owners) here much less Star Wars fans. So any exposure to different technologies is limited to online viewing. So here's the big question: Is there anyone in these forums(?) that lives in Oklahoma? I know that its easier to find others who share your hobbies in a larger city, but even the cities here have a sparse SW fan base. So if you live in Oklahoma, let me know, it would be nice to see some other examples of lightsabers first hand from their proud owners. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:22:35 AM by Unseen_jedi »

Offline bulldog

• Experienced Force User
Re: Anyone in Oklahoma?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:20:16 PM »
Hello. from down here in Cedar Park Tx. It appears that you've got the same problem as I do. No Jedi/ humans want to help themselves with thier Light saber skills. Who knows, if we corrispond enough from this maybe people may get interested by the #s growing may cause some curiosity. Good luck on your end, Jedi Gryphon/ Bull dog/ Mike
To know peace, one must have peace within.

Offline Unseen_jedi

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:51:25 AM »
 I hear you. There are no "sabersmiths" up here, at least until I start building some sabers anyway. Stillwater is about the size of Bryan/College station and about as busy, so there are a few Star wars fans, and I know a lot of Sci fi fans and more than a few gamers, but none of them own a lightsaber, maybe its the $120.00 price tag that scares them off. I bought mine at the local Hasting's (the only place in town that sells MR lightsabers), had been saving up for it for a while, and it is by far the coolest thing that I have ever owned. I'm even trying to start a local dueling society for other lightsaber enthusiasts, but I will probably have to buy some spare lightsabers to start, just to get these people hooked. Heck, I want more lightsabers anyway. What i am really striving for is to convince the others here in the forum to attend a convention that would allow all of us to actually meet and share lightsaber technology and advice.

Offline Plane Crazy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 06:09:24 PM »
I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma, and it being a small town, there are not many Jedi (read: lightsaber owners) here much less Star Wars fans. So any exposure to different technologies is limited to online viewing. So here's the big question: Is there anyone in these forums(?) that lives in Oklahoma? I know that its easier to find others who share your hobbies in a larger city, but even the cities here have a sparse SW fan base. So if you live in Oklahoma, let me know, it would be nice to see some other examples of lightsabers first hand from their proud owners. Thanks.

I hear you. There are no "sabersmiths" up here, at least until I start building some sabers anyway.... Heck, I want more lightsabers anyway. What i am really striving for is to convince the others here in the forum to attend a convention that would allow all of us to actually meet and share lightsaber technology and advice.

I certainly can't claim to be a sabersmith in the sense that some of the highly talented individuals on this forum are, but I do like to tinker and play around with modding and bulding sabers for myself.

I am in the Oklahoma area, specifically the Tulsa area. (Transplanted So. Cal guy.)

Sorry, I hadn't seen this earlier.  :)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »
 ;D

Hi and welcome to the forum!!Stillwater oklahoma hu?Hometown of my one my all time favorite westlers!!Jack brisco!! ;D

Offline bulldog

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 07:42:17 AM »
I'm starting to like this. It's good to see some responses goin on here. Oobi-Won thanks for some of the elec. sugg on my saber difficulties. I love to go to the convention, unfortunatly at this time it's not possible. The wife and I are getting back on our feet from me being out of work for some time. I will definatly keep in contact on this forum or pming.
To know peace, one must have peace within.

Offline Unseen_jedi

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:20 AM »
 Cool, Plane Crazy. Its nice to see another Oklahoman frequenting this forum. As for sabersmiths, anyone that actually builds their own lightsaber is a sabersmith IMHO. I don't have that distinction however. As a university custodian, saving up to purchase saber parts can be a long and daunting ordeal. I do however own a MR lightsaber, and a MR lightsaber construction kit. My first custom build is on its way.

Offline Darth Thalos

• Skipping Vinyl Playback Loop
  • Master Force User
  • oh look, a leaky canister
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:26:52 AM »
i am indeed in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  but I happen to be dark Jedi, sorry budd.
Oh Look!  A leaky canister, *cough cough*  BRAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNS!

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 09:10:24 AM »
Well let me give you both a big hello from another Oklahoman! Im in Warr Acres. But I have to apologize Unseen-jedi, I am Sooner born! Its great though to have fellow OKlahomans on here. I thought I was the only one. :)

Offline Darth Thalos

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »
Well let me give you both a big hello from another Oklahoman! Im in Warr Acres. But I have to apologize Unseen-jedi, I am Sooner born! Its great though to have fellow OKlahomans on here. I thought I was the only one. :)
  I am also sooner born!  Will live and die crimson.  Good to see others interested in this in oklahoma!

Offline Novahawk

• Padawan Learner
  • Rogue Knight of the Jedi Order
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 03:51:47 AM »
Hello fellow Oklahoma Jedi/Sith.  I am in Tulsa and an OSU grad (2005).  I just recently started dueling with my friend.(who is also a Jedi) We are not that good yet, but we are learning.  We have come up with some interesting moves/counter moves too.  Still trying to smooth out the wrinkles though.  I have 3 MR sabers: Yoda, Obi-Wan(of course being a McGregor myself), and Mace Windu.  I also have 4 MR construction sets for my dueling.  My Ultrasabers' Dominix should be arriving soon.  And here I thought my friend and I were the only Jedi in OK.  We both even have the Jedi garb with cloaks to boot.  Yea I know really geeky but who cares.  I am glad I have others to talk to about this hobby.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 06:32:05 PM by Novahawk »
Custom saber Valhalla SRD and/or Royal blue
MR stock: Obi-Wan, Windu, Yoda
4 MR construction kits(one converted by Ultra)
Ultra's Dominix Adgean Silver
Ultra's Dominix SRD
Ultra's Dominix Consular Green
Ultra's Legacy Guardian Blue
Ultra's Phantom double Blazing Red

Offline Unseen_jedi

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 09:56:40 AM »
 Hey, all are welcome. Actually I am from Houston, Tx, but moved to Ok in '95 so I don't bleed orange or crimson, but crude oil. Freaky. Anyway, it is cool to see that there is a strong number of saber enthusiasts here, now we just need to find a way to bring this sweet hobby to other interested Oklahomans. Maybe some public demos or something? Or start a local saber club?

Offline Darth Thalos

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:35 AM »
Hey, all are welcome. Actually I am from Houston, Tx, but moved to Ok in '95 so I don't bleed orange or crimson, but crude oil. Freaky. Anyway, it is cool to see that there is a strong number of saber enthusiasts here, now we just need to find a way to bring this sweet hobby to other interested Oklahomans. Maybe some public demos or something? Or start a local saber club?
  That could be a possibility ::)

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
There is a club here in the OKC area called apropriately JediOKC. They act like its an honor to join their club. I have met some of them, there are a few nice ones, but then there are a few that are way too serious, almost scary. Another club in oklahoma wouldn't hurt, especially a saber club. The night episode 3 came out, two of my friends and I dueled in front of three packed houses before the showtimes came on. It was so awesome. The mall security even let us do it. I think there would be a big following.

Offline Darth Thalos

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »
haha, me and my best friend did the same thing in sand springs!  Even though we dueled near the end of ep III when the anakin, obi wan fight began!  It was very epic.  They cheered for us.  Sad to say, I was banned from that theater, never to show my face again :'( :'(

retrousse