fiduciary

Author Topic: My Anakin RoTS Review.  (Read 10791 times)

Offline Marco125

• No Force
My Anakin RoTS Review.
« on: April 12, 2006, 02:31:03 AM »
Introduction: I am Marco, an avid SW fan from England. I had my eye on an FX Saber for a while, but i finally obtained the money to by one. I went for the Anakin RoTS model.

Ordering the Saber: The 2nd most exciting part. I ordered my saber from www.play.com, I must say, it was an excellent service.  I ordered at 16:20 the Monday just gone, and my saber arrived at around 9:47. It was packed in a carboard box reading 'Master Replicas'

Getting the saber: I was sat eating my cornflakes when the doorbell rang. I went and answered, and it was the Postman. I signed for the delivery and ran into my living room to start my 'journey.'
I carefully opened the cardboard box, and even more carefully, I pulled out the box containing the Saber. Great! I thought. I timidly opened the black box, and inside was a beautiful looking replica of Anakin's saber.

Getting the saber ready: The Battery pack was easy to find, and also easy to get in to. No tools required! Luckily i had bought a pack of Duracell AA batteries a day in advance so i was ready. I closed the curtains and turned out the lights. I held the saber in my hand...

Using the Saber: It took me a few seconds to find the On/Off switch, but when i did i slid it into the 'On' position. To my delight, i heard the 'power-up' sound, and saw the Bright Blue Blade 'rising' from the hilt. The humming sound was music to my ears. I moved the saber around, slowly, and heard the motion noises. No rattling inside the hilt. After tapping the arm of my sofa (It's wooden) and not hearing any noise, i was a bit disappointed. I hit it a bit harder. Sure enough, there was a 'Clash' Sound. The only downside is the force required to get that sound. I really don't want that saber to break.

Aesthetics: This saber looks beautiful, from the pommel to the tip of the blade, it really is nice to look at. It also appears to be ALL metal.

Quality:

Sounds - 8 - 9/10
Looks - 9/10
Feel - 10/10
Value for money - 8/10
Overall (Not an average) 9/10

Conclusion: In my eyes, the Anakin FFX saber was a good one to start off with, i got it Brand New for £50 ($87) with Postage and Pakaging cost's included. I am a very happy person today.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
Re: My Anakin RoTS Review.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 03:33:37 AM »
Nice review  :)

Oh and BTW, Welcome to fx-sabers, this is a great site and I'm sure you will enjoy it  ;)

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 06:13:52 AM »
very nice review....and welcome
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 11:13:02 AM »
Welcome to FX-Sabers.com. It's nice to have someone else from England here.   :)
Good choice for a first saber. I was happy with mine. The only problem is that now you will have to get more.  ;)

Offline Marco125

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 11:33:16 AM »
I've got my sights on the Obi-Wan saber when its released.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 12:07:40 PM »
Yeah it does look good, but i want the Vader ESB next.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »
Yeah it does look good, but i want the Vader ESB next.

my thoughts exactly
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 02:55:49 PM »
Which one do you currently have Timmy-Wan?

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 02:53:17 AM »
At the moment, only the Ani ROTS.
I want more but have been out of work for a while.
But now that I am earning again, I can see another FX in my near future.
I have just discovered that my local Toys R Us has the Vader ESB, and each time I walk past that shop it gets harder not to go in.
Sooner or later I will give in to the dark side...

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 02:54:25 AM »
And then your journey to the darkside will be complete  :D

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 05:07:41 AM »
timmy,

play.com are selling the vader esb for £79.99 delivered.  thats a good price.  you can also get em on ebay from ebay shop sellers for a little less than that sometimes.  i managed to get mine in an auction for £57.00 ..  its a great saber and is very different from the jedi ones.   it must be your next.

BTW i notice they have dropped the price on the anakin to £49.99, that is unbelievable.

the luke ROTJ is not badly priced at £69.99 either.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 05:30:09 AM »
Thanks for that Han,I have realised that the sabers are cheaper on ebay.  ;)
That's where I bought mine. Thing is I actually bought two, as the first was faulty and I went through a lot of trouble sending it back. It was my first bad experience of ebay and has put me off a bit even though the seller was reputable and I did get a refund eventually.
You see the royal mail, bless 'em, lost it in the post when I sent it back.It was eventually returned to me(when they found it) and I had to send it again.  >:(
That's why I am now more attracted to the 'local shop' buy. I can test it in store and if it turns out to be faulty I can just exchange it then and there. I know it's more expensive that way, but it's only £10 more and I would get peace of mind.
I am still waiting for my Vader Bust too. I am going off ebay more and more.  >:( Perhaps an online shop would be a better option. :-\

An Ani for less than fifty quid is certainly a good buy, I can't understand how they have dropped so low when there aren't going to be any more.  ???
I am still considering my options at the moment, and it will be a while before I can afford another saber so I have plenty of time to think about it.
Anyway, thanks for the heads up, Han.  ;)

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 06:05:49 AM »
no probs timmy

i think that they have dropped the price for their easter sale,,   however as i have said before, these things were flying off the shelves last year, it will have slowed down considerably for all online sellers now.  i think that the maul will not sell as well as expected. i am not buying one just yet, one, because i havenot got the cash and am not too desperate to get another one at the moment.    the other reason is that i think the prices of the maul will go down as well when they realise that they are not selling as many as they hoped. and i would wait for that before i grab one.

part of the reason play.com have lowered the prices, is because you could not get hold of some of the sabers at certain points last year and people were going crazy, putting in pre-orders for the luke.  my luke rotj was pre-ordered about two months before it came out.   firebox.com, told another time they had 100 windus coming in and i was thirteenth on the pre-order list, just 2 weeks before they arrived,  this is around october last year, so you can see there that the interest in them was waining slightly even then.

the maul will have plucked up more sales for sure, but it would have done a lot better last year with ROTS release.

Offline Marco125

• No Force
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 10:31:09 AM »
I was duelling with my friend earlier, and the blade has a few scuffs and black marks along it, are there any ways to remove or dull the scuffs?

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 03:04:45 PM »
was he using an FX too?

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse