fiduciary

Author Topic: Feedback for Machine FX / tattoosby5 cookiemonster8777/MachinedFX/Holocron  (Read 19177 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
I received my starkiller 3 months ago well past the promised delivery date.
My review
Machine FX Starkilller review HILT only - YouTube

3 out of 5

Lots of your peers did not receive their order starkiller lightsaber, do you have yours?

tattoosby5 may possibly be MachineFX.
Judge for yourself
starkiller lightsaber, do you have yours?
It has been stated on the forums that it is a friend that sells for him.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tattoosby5&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&iid=270393270023&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us

Please remember the rules of the Feedback area
Buy & Sell: Feedback Rating 1-5 and Rules!
addenum
**ALL MEMBERS READ! FEEDBACK RULES ADDENDUM!**

Any violation of these rules and your post may be removed, and a "timeout" may be in order.
Keep it clean and factual folks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:37:53 AM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
I received mine 4 months late and it was not what I had ordered.

2/5

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
It should be noted that we have spent several months trying to get a response from Steve of MachineFX regarding the status of outstanding orders of many of our members.

At the time of this post we have many members that have paid money many months ago and have not received the product nor can they get a response from the seller.

Although tattoosby5 has a feedback on Ebay of 100% he is currently selling sabers that he has acknowledged he is selling for Steve of MachineFX.  He has also stated in emails that he is MachineFX.

Please reference the following threads before purchasing.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15911.0

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3661414&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 06:59:43 PM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline Morbid_Curiosity

• No Force
Never Received mine...

I Cancelled my Order when I saw decent pics of one.  ::)

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
I received mine 4 months late and it was not what I had ordered.

2/5

At least you received yours...
Never received mine, never had any piece of communication, e-mail or whatsoever AFTER I paid (strange that before I paid, he answered any of my questions)

0/5

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
I received mine nearly a year after ordering it. It was not what I ordered either. I asked for an empty hilt, LED and sound ready. Got a LUX I Red LED, plastic crystal with the accent LED taped to the inside, it was missing the brass accent rod and the crystal chamber was nothing but a hollow piece of aluminum, not even close to the pictures he posted on Rebel Scum. Unless you want to give this saber some TLC, it was not worth the wait. 2/5

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Machined-Defects never sent me what I paid for, and he absolutely never answered a single message or email.  He took my (and many other people's) money and ran.

He has all the hallmarks of an internet thief and fraud. 

And unless proven otherwise with some hard evidence, ebay seller tattoosby5 is in league with this criminal and is therefore a thief and a fraud as well.

0/5

BUYER BEWARE.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Unless you have actually had dealings with this seller,  please do not post in the topic.  The feedback forums are not meant to be used for discussions,  but rather to relay your personal experience with the seller in question,  and to leave a feedback rating for your transaction.

Offline JudgeSabersmith

• Kind of on haitus
  • Master Force User
I bought a Machined_FX Starkiller saber.  I had to wait many months and had to send numerous emails to Steve before I finally received it.  Like others, what I received was not the same as what was pictured on Steve's blog.  I was disappointed, but the time spent trying to get the saber was long enough I was glad to get anything at all.

The saber was ordered LED-ready so I could convert it myself.  The crystal chamber was fitted with a red acrylic crystal wedged in an aluminum ring with a flashlight bulb behind it.  The remaining electronics were a 2AAA battery holder and a Judco SPST switch.  All connections were twisted and electrical taped.  The pommel of the saber was nothing more than a painted sinktube cap - nothing like the machined pommel displayed on the Machined_FX website.  Holes were not drilled properly, parts were glued instead of screwed.  Overall, very sub-par construction.

After dozens of hours reworking the saber, it was successfully converted to LED with sound.  I gave the saber away as a gift, because I felt too embarrassed about the saber's base construction to charge money for it.  My conversion was nice, but it was still a sub-par saber to begin with.

Overall rating - 2/5  1 point for actually receiving a saber when so many others did not, 1 point for it somewhat (loosely) resembling what was pictured on Machined_FX website/blog.

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
After 6 months of waiting for mine it came back in march. Wrong color lux III led, it was busted on top of that, wrong crystal color, and I ordered clean/unweathered, got a weathered one. I was thoroughly disappointed in it. I only give him a whopping 1 of 5 just cause it came.

Offline morrisart85

• Experienced Force User
waited, waited, and got nothing. Bad dude. very bad. 0/5

Offline Darth Doodie

• Experienced Force User
  • Who talks first? You talk first or I talk first??
    • My youtube page
0/5

It's been so long I almost forgot about this... ::)

Yes I ordered a MachinedFX Starkiller back in oh let's see....November of 2008.

The last email I got from Steve was sometime in December 2008.

Never received the saber.  >:(

...nuff said :D ::)

Offline Jaskari

• No Force
Well, I seen him on eBay a lot. He is doing mostly the Starkiller TFU and TFU II and sells a lot of them. 100% good feedback.
Now, I see that he wrote that Sam Witwer officially has one of his sabers and did a photo in the auction... Do you think it's real?
And if this saber is a 'revised' version of those he was doing... I dunno, it still looks the same.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Unless you have actually had dealings with this seller,  please do not post in the topic.  The feedback forums are not meant to be used for discussions,  but rather to relay your personal experience with the seller in question,  and to leave a feedback rating for your transaction.

And btw, even if George Lucas himself has one of his sabers, it still doesn't change the fact that MFX/Tattoos is an internet thief and con artist. 

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
Interesting feedback. Personally I own around 15 different sabers from tatoosby5 off of ebay and all of them are exacrly as pictured and delivered to my home within a reasonable time.  I even got a discount from him having purchased so much of his work. I wonder why you all have had such negative experiences?

retrousse