fiduciary

Author Topic: LDM's Larbel Qui with visible Crystal Chamber Auction thread. *SOLD*  (Read 11571 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Larbel Q with Visible Crystal Chamber

The album will be available to all bidders on request.

Starting bid is $550 (paypal fee included) + Shipping

***A 7/8" blade is NOT included, but available (charger not included, but available).  

**If the Auction goes over $750 I will pay the font maker for you (we can go with whatever font you want...I like Novastar's EP I with the Qui Gon extras), if not it will be the winner's responsibility to provide me with proof of purchase from saberfont.com.  

***The Auction starts now and ends at 11:00 PM PST Saturday May 26th, 2012.  

**Post bids in this thread.

***Please feel free to post questions/comments here as well.  Auction rules are listed below.

Awww, heck the original description is as good as I can do, so lets just go with it ;)

This is an original solid Larbel Q.  These are as rare as unicorn farts.  I have had this one for nearly 3 years.  I needed to wait until it was "possible" to build it.  There is seriously little room in there because the grooves are really deep.  It is the very first saber I used my mill on and I had a vision of what I wanted it to be, but nothing would fit in it other than an MR Yoda board which I preferred not to use in such a rare piece.  Well, along came the CS1 and all was solved (with FoC capability to boot!).  Literally every part of this saber had to be modified or fabricated.  This saber was in really bad shape when i got it so I also re-powder coated it in a nice satin black.  The Crystal chamber is made of machined aluminum and an awesome green glass crystal made by Sithlordfaust.  I went with mesh in all of the windowed areas of the saber so that sound would be as good as possible (Qui's are notoriously craptacular when it comes to resonance.)  I actually ripped the 2W speaker in the pictures out and replaced it with a kobitone to achieve better resonance and it did work.  I also hid the set screw under the flange on the emitter.  Well, I don't want to write a tome, but this thing has been on my build log since i have had the darned build log so I am really happy to have finished it.

Particulars:
Larbel Q V1
Crystal Shard V1 with Crucible by Nightstorm
HO Kobitone Speaker
Green glass Crystal
9W RGB (G blade and B FoC)
3.7V Li-ion
7/8" blade

It's this one, duh:

The Original Thread and videos are located here:  http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=36096.msg487989#msg487989

This auction will be conducted using the "Wat Rules" (listed below):

With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x.  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the (for example) 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid.  

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM PST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, re-post if necessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, re-posting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not eBay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible.  

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:50:47 AM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline Master Mithric

• Force User
Re: LDM's Larbel Qui with visible Crystal Chamber Auction thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
I'll start the opening bid of $550 if I may.
LDM MR Luke V2 CSv1
Hasbro Obi TPM CF5
GCS Ascend CS2
Roman Props Inception
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex 2.0 TFA
Korbanth Graflex 2.0 ESB
Korbanth MPP ANH
Korbanth K4
Korbanth MW3

Master Replica Series:

Anakin AOTC Force FX
Yoda AOTC/ROTS Force FX
Vader ESB Force FX
Windu AOTC/ROTS Force FX
Luke Skywalker ROTJ Force FX

Hasbro Signature Series:

Count Dooku AOTC/ROTS
Anakin ROTS
Darth Maul TPM

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:32:05 PM »

Ah, looking into adding another Qui-Gon to your collection, ay?

Best of luck to you!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »

Indeed and thank you. :D

Offline Master Mithric

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:52:18 PM »

Ah, looking into adding another Qui-Gon to your collection, ay?

Best of luck to you!

thanks a lot. unfortunately I had to sell the qui I got from you, so I'd love to add this one to my collection.  :-[

LDM MR Luke V2 CSv1
Hasbro Obi TPM CF5
GCS Ascend CS2
Roman Props Inception
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex 2.0 TFA
Korbanth Graflex 2.0 ESB
Korbanth MPP ANH
Korbanth K4
Korbanth MW3

Master Replica Series:

Anakin AOTC Force FX
Yoda AOTC/ROTS Force FX
Vader ESB Force FX
Windu AOTC/ROTS Force FX
Luke Skywalker ROTJ Force FX

Hasbro Signature Series:

Count Dooku AOTC/ROTS
Anakin ROTS
Darth Maul TPM

Offline vvenom

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 01:29:46 AM »
$600

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 05:38:05 AM »

Offline ZeroSpeed

• Experienced Force User
  • Collector of Lightsabers
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 07:06:01 AM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:24:32 AM by ZeroSpeed »

no saber,no life

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 07:21:25 AM »
$  660!   :'(

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:09:58 AM »
$666  ;D

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
you guys are killing me. its getting too high  :(

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »
This is a converted Larbel Qui.  There are a limited number of these hilts out there.  It is a gorgeous conversion :D.  My 2 cents :D.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »
i know Deanna, i was just teasing.  :P   i really want to win this but im scared because it keeps going up. can you imagine what my wife will say if she found out i bought another saber.  sheeesh, i will be in the dog house for sure. hehehehe

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 09:06:57 AM »
i know Deanna, i was just teasing.  :P   i really want to win this but im scared because it keeps going up. can you imagine what my wife will say if she found out i bought another saber.  sheeesh, i will be in the dog house for sure. hehehehe
Build a bigger dog house.  ;)

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 09:11:32 AM »
LOL, i like that one, hahahahaha, im going to use that.

"build a bigger dog house"  hahahahaha.  :D

retrousse