fiduciary

Author Topic: DIY build from scratch, first saber  (Read 765 times)

Offline Rakles

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
DIY build from scratch, first saber
« on: May 20, 2020, 10:47:47 PM »
Hi all,
This is my first saber build so go easy!  After visiting Disneyland of all places I went ahead with the Savi's build which was an experience well worth it.  I caught the saber bug!  I looked at the hardware provided and started researching here and other places.  I had a budget of as little as possible/0 !  That was 5 months ago and now have something that works and looks pretty okay although a little rudimentary in some places.

The build is accualy for my wife for out 12th anniversary as she did not want to buy one in Disneyland!  I have ordered an RGB soundboard but still waiting due to the virus things, the board that is in there is a cheapo YDD board that I got for nothing because it was not working.  I managed to repair the board and installed it into this saber.  The chassis from this board is a lot bigger than the eventual board and so the crystal chamber will not fit for now.

The crystal in the chamber is a topaz (her birth stone) and the leather on the hilt is deer (connected to her heritage).

Let me know what you guys Think!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Re: DIY build from scratch, first saber
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 05:38:30 AM »
Congratulations, that's a nice first saber. Welcome to the world of saber building.

Fair warning, it's addictive.  :wink:
Better late than never.

Offline Rakles

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 09:35:06 PM »
So I have found!  Has taken over procrastinating distractions from work/study completely!  I am really enjoying it.  Thinking neopixel/proffie for the next one.

Offline JonKClark

• No Force
  • Just a guy looking to make saber stuff!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 04:24:32 AM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of Saber Construction! As ThunderMan said, be careful, it is addicting :) Nice work for your first build! I would definitely go Neopixel for your next build and if your budget allows I am partial to the CFX board myself as there are so many bells and whistles the possibilities are almost endless.
Jon
Remember: Han shot first!
Jedi Atu'karek

Offline Rakles

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 05:25:06 AM »
They seem fairly similar, and to think I thought the savi's saber was so awesome!  Might need to wait until after uni though!  Will work on inspiration until then

retrousse