fiduciary

Author Topic: LIGHTSABER Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH- PROP REPLICA-FINISHED  (Read 43523 times)

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
Re: LIGHTSABER Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH- PROP REPLICA.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »
Here's some stuff I found on the Obi-Wan ANH saber... Down towards the bottom it has the picture of the Arm Shanks hand wheel.
http://www.partsofsw.com/bensab.htm

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
  • Que nunca muera el niño que llevamos adentro...
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 11:08:44 PM »
Here's some stuff I found on the Obi-Wan ANH saber... Down towards the bottom it has the picture of the Arm Shanks hand wheel.
http://www.partsofsw.com/bensab.htm

Really thanks my friend!! ;)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »
From LDM's photo album:

he painted this, but this is a real Armitage Shank's handwheel...you can pain yours metallic silver for the Obi (as what he has done also on his Obi builds where this part was used...unless it was metal)

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »
From LDM's photo album:

he painted this, but this is a real Armitage Shank's handwheel...you can pain yours metallic silver for the Obi (as what he has done also on his Obi builds where this part was used...unless it was metal)

Wow awesome,
Really thanks Caine, I understand now.
This prop is very difficult :-[

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 03:02:33 AM »
Gaby...the one I sent you, see if you can't get it chromed. ;)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
That would be one BIG FAT pommel if you used that one.

There are numerous pics on the forums here of the pommel size...and I uh, think, um....yeah ONE A FEW POSTS ABOVE.  :P

Although looking on the U.K. eBay is a better idea since AS is a British company, and you hardly ever see them on the U.S. eBay (but they do pop up on very rare occasions).

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 01:14:02 PM »
If GL and his boys had filmed in USA or Argentina, everything would be easier for us!!! :-\

Offline Julen

• Force User
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 12:11:48 PM »
Hi Gaby my friend,

I think God loves you ;) ;) at least I was lucky and found right after only 15 minutes a nice thing. PMed you :) :)

A native speaker, I'm not. So please excuse the mistakes I make. I'm italian ;)

Proud member of the Death Squadron (-> Vader's personal Fleet) in Hidden Empire (fanmade STAR WARS Browsergame)

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »
Hi Gaby my friend,

I think God loves you ;) ;) at least I was lucky and found right after only 15 minutes a nice thing. PMed you :) :)

Thanks Julen!!! :D

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 08:16:59 AM »
I am investigating and looking for closer as exactly as possible the originals parts, .. I found something, not exactly for what I looking for, but something is something!! ::)

In 1955 the Argentine air force acquired 100 British jet fighter gloster meteor. ;)
When these were not more used they were distributed in different schools, museums, universities etc etc.

What luck I have in this case, I like the aeronautics. I did my elementary school in an air base, I am an aeronautical technician, then realize my studies in the university, I studied aeronautical engineering and today I am employed at an air line .... I have some contacts. 8) ;D

When I began the search for me to saber Obi ANH I began to contact with the people of the aeronautics, I knew that in my university there is a Roll Royce used for didactics. ;D
These pic send me from University, the engine is not Derwent 8, it is Derwent 5, the balance tube is smaller because the engine is smaller but I think that is a great part for my saber.

I going to the university in the next days, I will update when have news.
Gaby. ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:03:54 PM by Gabywan »

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »
Here's the link you need to get the accurate 7 digit bubble strip... This guy cast a real one and then came up with a method to pull identical copies...

http://stage.rebelscum.com/estore/products.asp?cat=176

Also RussRep from the RPF is finishing up a run of the most accurate Armitage Shanks (AS) hand-wheel.. You might still be able to get one of those... And after that run ships he will be starting new threads for the grenade /wind vane and the emitter.... They will be offered in steel and aluminium versions... after that he will continue with runs of all the other parts... all though I don't know in which order... If you get in on these runs you can build the most accurate Obi 4 out there short of an all original...

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 11:43:25 PM »
Here's the link you need to get the accurate 7 digit bubble strip... This guy cast a real one and then came up with a method to pull identical copies...

http://stage.rebelscum.com/estore/products.asp?cat=176

Also RussRep from the RPF is finishing up a run of the most accurate Armitage Shanks (AS) hand-wheel.. You might still be able to get one of those... And after that run ships he will be starting new threads for the grenade /wind vane and the emitter.... They will be offered in steel and aluminium versions... after that he will continue with runs of all the other parts... all though I don't know in which order... If you get in on these runs you can build the most accurate Obi 4 out there short of an all original...

Awesome the accurate 7 digit bubble strip!!!
The hand well (AS) I think that I will have the original parts and the grenade too..not sure but I have hope.
I go for the Browning 7.7mm replica this is very difficult to obtain. :-\
I will contact with RussRep for this part and the emitter too because I don't know if I will obtain the original part of the engine that I showed in the previous post.  ???
I want to be grateful to you for the information that you have given to me.
Really thanks my friend!! :)

Offline enaswede

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 07:09:31 AM »
This is almost like a treasure hunt!!

I cannot wait to see it completed.

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master!"
Click here to view my personal lightsaber & blaster collection!

retrousse