fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth_Call's Saber - The Heritage  (Read 12082 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Darth_Call's Saber - The Heritage
« on: January 10, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »
Well, ..I Finally got around to building my own saber. I wanted something kinda cool, but definitely meaningful. I am a fan of brass, gold and silver so of course that was gonna be in there. Then a few weeks ago it hit me, .....take some of the good features that Master Jedye and I have done over the last few months and incorporate them in one saber. This was gonna be nice and since I'm a big guy and neeeeeeed a big saber, ....adding parts was gonna be easy.

The shroud was initially all chrome; a chrome sink tube. I sanded the whole thing down until I got to a nice pleasant brass/gold look and then started polishing it with steel wool until it was shiny, ...but still sorta brushed looking. Then I powder coated with a 120% clear coat. I cut out a few pieces out of another sink tube, the chrome piece on the emitter is a resemblance of the back plate on Ramaditya's saber, the Valkyria as well as the hand grips on the Paladin, (Jedi Knight Logan's saber). The chrome ring is also from the Paladin. The thin chrome handgrips are a resemblance from the Mark I, (Senti Xamas' saber) and the top brass shroud is taken off the Calling and is the same design from MasterKris' Dark Calling.

The US2.0 is installed with a recharge port and a new "overlord style" button. The button is finicky during setup but works nicely once past all that. I really like it's sounds, its depth and the features for the blade flicker, .....just really cool.

I had Dagobah Jedi custom make me a long Delrin speaker holder with a thicker resonance chamber, ...nice and loud!

The blade is of course none other than an UltraEdge blade.

So here are the pictures, ...hope you enjoy!!

The last picture is of the custom Delrin speaker holder from Dagobah Jedi:

And here is the video: Tah-Dah!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:04:53 AM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
Re: Darth_Call's Saber - The Heritage
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 08:03:28 AM »
Nice work! I was wondering what you were going to make :)
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 08:06:28 AM »
Good stuff Lord Call. ;)

Cyan eh?  I dig it, I dig it.

I did make a couple of small modifications to your post. Basically I condensed your pictures to make the initial viewing a little smaller. I hope you don't mind.

Offline Watto

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:12:37 AM »
WOW!   :o

That's one beautiful saber darth_call,

well done :)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:13:04 AM »
Wow, ...cool format Darth Tyranus, ...thank you, I like that!

That P4 is getting changed to a LuxV green sometime today. I'm keeping them all QD, so I can "sorta" change them quickly.

My only other change may be to add the Obi-wan Pommel to it, ...I like that "Luke" pommel better, ...but the Obi Wan does have character!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:14:59 AM by darth_call »

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 08:51:37 AM »
How long have I been gone....and when did you find time to make another saber!!!!   :D
I like this one and I love the fact that it pays homage to the sabers you've put out.  I think it pays a great deal of respect to MasterKris, JKlogan, Senti Xamas and Rami.  What a great idea.
I'll be over later so we can "test" the durability of it.   ;)

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »
Sweet looking saber Darth Call! You're skills are always amazing!

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »
Dang, D_C.  That is beautiful. Seems like just yesterday when we were talking about a new saber you were planning.  Oh wait, it WAS yesterday!

Just as with your other sabers, I could see that saber on a table and say, "Yep, that's DC's." Both as the owner and as the creator.

Now I'm waiting to see your next project!

PS: I'm glad you went with the Heritage.  Hank just doesn't have the right ring to it!  :D

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Ramaditya

• Guardian of the Outer Rim
  • Master Force User
  • The first blind member of FX-Sabers Forum!
    • Who Says A Blind Man Can't Blog?
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 02:18:12 PM »
Well, ..I Finally got around to building my own saber. I wanted something kinda cool, but definitely meaningful. I am a fan of brass, gold and silver so of course that was gonna be in there. Then a few weeks ago it hit me, .....take some of the good features that Master Jedye and I have done over the last few months and incorporate them in one saber. This was gonna be nice and since I'm a big guy and neeeeeeed a big saber, ....adding parts was gonna be easy.

The shroud was initially all chrome; a chrome sink tube. I sanded the whole thing down until I got to a nice pleasant brass/gold look and then started polishing it with steel wool until it was shiny, ...but still sorta brushed looking. Then I powder coated with a 120% clear coat. I cut out a few pieces out of another sink tube, the chrome piece on the emitter is a resemblance of the back plate on Ramaditya's saber, the Valkyria as well as the hand grips on the Paladin, (Jedi Knight Logan's saber). The chrome ring is also from the Paladin. The thin chrome handgrips are a resemblance from the Mark I, (Senti Xamas' saber) and the top brass shroud is taken off the Calling and is the same design from MasterKris' Dark Calling.

The US2.0 is installed with a recharge port and a new "overlord style" button. The button is finicky during setup but works nicely once past all that. I really like it's sounds, its depth and the features for the blade flicker, .....just really cool.

I had Dagobah Jedi custom make me a long Delrin speaker holder with a thicker resonance chamber, ...nice and loud!

The blade is of course none other than an UltraEdge blade.

So here are the pictures, ...hope you enjoy!!

The last picture is of the custom Delrin speaker holder from Dagobah Jedi:

And here is the video: Tah-Dah!

Wow...! So much for a big guy!

I wish to hear the speaker a little clearer, but I think it is awesome!

Congrats to you, DC, and looking forward to having the CF 4.1 based saber for me!
~If you want to be loved, make yourself loveable~

Check out my lightsaber collection here (post #44):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg308481

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
Very nice looking DCv1.0. I like the emitter.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline RC14

• No Force
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »
beautiful saber. nice work!
im liking the cyan

Offline Dagobah Jedi

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »
Very nice saber brother as always. Look forward to seeing it in person next week. And the name Hank does have a nice ring to it, lol.

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 05:05:42 PM »
wow DC thats one smooth lookin saber. very nice "flow" to it  ;)

that would look wicked with any color of blade.. i prefer red myself. but that cyan looks pretty sweet too

those ultra edge blades look awesome as well!! man i want one now lol

MTFBWY
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:09:53 PM by Darth_Baleful »
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »
wow DC thats one smooth lookin saber. very nice "flow" to it  ;)

that would look wicked with any color of blade.. i prefer red myself. but that cyan looks pretty sweet too

those ultra edge blades look awesome as well!! man i want one now lol

MTFBWY

Thanks, .....I'm taking it tonight and installing that LuxV green LED, ....this green P4 IS looking more and more like Cyan now that it is mentioned. I was going for green, not Cyan.

And yeah, ...these UltraEdge blades are great, ..pick one up for your Vader Project!!

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 08:02:52 PM »
If you want to get rid of that P4.... LET ME KNOW! ;)

retrousse