fiduciary

Author Topic: Fx-sabers / Lajedi saber Dueling Tutorial vid  (Read 15943 times)

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
Re: Fx-sabers / Lajedi saber Dueling Tutorial vid
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
Thanks for the tutorials Jedi Master, I live in O.C. I need to get a car so I can drive up to L.A. for LA Jedi classes.

We would love to have you.
We have a few members that come from the OC as well.
If need be I can see if you can car pool with Shogun Vader.

To find out class dates and times,anyone can go to www.lajedi.com main page.
All are welcome.
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 10:35:04 PM »
Thanks Kit, I will look into that and that will much appreciated. Don't know any skills but it will be awesome to learn and master a lightsaber.

Offline Clu-Dwo Miogua

• No Force
  • "Vigilance, unto Justice, unto Balance."
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »
Much to learn I have, it would seem...  But I see the learning process as being a very entertaining one.  Now... To get a saber built to learn with... ^.-

What will be interesting though, is my style in a duel, I think.  I describe it as a blend of most of the major forms, with an emphasis on Jar'Kai, Soresu, Makashi, and a heavy dose of Vapaad.  So, in short... a generalist wielding a pair of sabers.  Should make for a great deal of fun or frustration in theatrical duelling, should I ever reach that point.  In the meantime, I ought to invest in a good pair of bokkens or kendo sticks.  Just something to improve what limited skills I have with, and keep them from getting rusty.
No Dark.  No Light.  Only Understanding.

Offline DarrynVarson

• Master Force User
  • Aspiring Jedi
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 07:55:26 PM »
This answers my post below about a Dueling Video below. I watched this and saw the simplicity of it but also that it would be hard to master. I haven't really looked yet for some group in my Bluegrass State to learn the ways. But I look forward to this dueling video that I hope is coming soon so that I can learn the proper ways.

Offline JediMasterDracus

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 10:25:34 AM »
very good training.... might have to post something myself on ataru style.... but i can see myself doing a Soresu tho. I guess just because you like a form better than another, doesn't mean you can know multiple. Soresu and Ataru wow!! i'll prop come out with one or another.      I'll get Lowandheavy to help me...   Prepare to learn young Jedi....  and i guess the dark jedi can learn too... it's not like i'll stop you personally....  yet 8)      Untill next time.

May the Force be with you and be there to guide you in your time of need.

Offline Tho-Mun Cor

• Force User
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the tut-Can't wait to practice on the GF ;)
- TMC

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 05:18:29 AM »
Well we finally got a bad comment on youtube..
It was from Novastar of BOP
LOL... it's been like 4 years, and I finally saw this comment?!?!?

Anyhow.  Not like it needs clearing up, and NOT like Joe (Kit Fisto) is around anymore I think (???) but MY comment was referring to someone ELSE who commented in a very negative (but also uneducated fashion).  It had NOTHING to do with the tutorial itself.

That being said... the tutorial is not "my style" nor is it "my way", but that doesn't matter.  At least Yoda DID a tutorial, which no one else really did at the time.  I mean I made my staged combat tutorial #1 video many years ago... but it was only released INITIALLY on Crystal Focus Sound Compendium CDs (NSCFCDs).  I only recently released it @ Ultrasabers, but... whatever the case... my comment was NOT directed at the video...

It seems youtube is full of "fail" with old comments and how they USED to "thread".  Now... they don't, and everything makes no sense if the video is older than 2010 or whatever... *sigh*
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »
Nice thanks for posting.
"A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
"Choose what is right, not what is easy"

retrousse