fiduciary

Author Topic: The CS Mace Windu .45 Lightsaber Hilt  (Read 2472 times)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
The CS Mace Windu .45 Lightsaber Hilt
« on: May 01, 2006, 12:05:38 PM »
Hello There everyone. I believe I know the reason as to why MR may be going to the matte finish on the Collector's Society .45 Mace Windu Lightsaber Hilt. I was scanning over the page 62 and 63 of the DK / Lucas Books Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, The Visual Dictionary and noticed that the fighting prop used by Samuel L. Jackson is that of a matte finish. (You can compare the two hilts as they are both their on p.62) Could this be due to the same fact that it may reflect things from the sound stage that are not in the movie (Such as George Lucas' smiley, bearded face ;D), yet is rotoscoped in later on by ILM? (Same thing with 3PO in ROTS; Star Wars Insider #87, page 37, last question about 3PO) It looks exactly like the matte one coming out in the summer. Interesting, is it not? 8)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 04:05:29 PM by BF »

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
Re: The CS Mace Windu .45 Lightsaber Hilt
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 12:13:53 PM »
could be.  I'm guessing the stunt prop is matte because it's a painted resin cast. 

EDIT:
I just looked at the prop that was recently sold on ebay, and it did have a shiny  paint job, so that guess is probably wrong. 

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 04:43:54 PM »
i saw an auction on ebay also.  It had a red pole extending from the saber.  I remember that the user did say he sent it to the prop designers to give it that shiny finish, that is unless I'm halucinating from being sick for a week lol.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 05:05:04 PM »
here's a link to that auction. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-EP2-Original-Prop-Lightsaber-and-Blade-NR_W0QQitemZ7608473427QQcategoryZ60360QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm guessing all the resin and stunt sabers had some sort of chrome/shiny finish since most the PT sabers had that finish. 

My best guess for the matte Windu CS .45 is that they took the "shiniest" hilt and made it dull... kind of a reverse of their chrome finish exclusives of the previous years. 
Of course my real opinion will not be a popular one.  That MR ran out of major character hilts in the first 2 years and had nothing more to offer for CS members other than another different finish of an existing product.  MR... can you hear me?  I want Qui-Gon and Vader ROTJ minis.  Maybe even enough to join the CS.  Yes, I know the Qui-Gon will be released later this year, but it would have been a great CS membership kit release.

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 10:15:00 PM »
Yeah, thats the auction I saw.  I honestly wish the saber looked like what it does in the small pic of the saber next to the box.  A white pearl finish would look pretty cool in my oppinion.  That crappy grey look does not suit mr.jackson's saber lol.

Offline jediwes

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »
FYI - People should be getting these soon.  I just received mine today.  Much smaller package than the Maul one was.

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 11:11:05 PM »
They have been on ebay for a few days now.  I don't think I'm going to join the collector's society this year.  It just hasn't seemed like its worth it.  I've been getting all my MR items from ebay for significanty less than what MR sells them for.  I do want to find a person willing to sell the matte finish saber.

retrousse