fiduciary

Author Topic: Are they worth it?  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Cuke

• Force User
  • A true jedi is a master of himself...
Are they worth it?
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:57:12 AM »
Are the mini's worth buying? I think they look pretty cool and my parents give me a 20 dollar allowance each week (yes I work for it) and I'm thinking about starting a mini collection. There only like 20 bucks a piece right? So my question is it worth it to start getting these and where is the best place to get em.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: Are they worth it?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 08:11:52 AM »
Most of them can be had for $20, but that is probably going to be changing VERY soon, since MR has announced that they will not be selling ANYTHING in 2008 even though they can until their sell off period is up..

I say go for it, because they are going to become a little harder to find. They are very nicely detailed pieces, and great for those that don't have a lot of room for the more expensive LE, CE, SE, EE hilts.

There are a few that are more expensive to aquire, and that are quite rare, but they are around the $100+ ballpark for some.

Offline Cuke

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 08:21:17 AM »
Ya I think I am going to get some if my mom will let me. So which 2 should I start with. MR has like everything sold out. I don't want the AOTC Analin though because I have the hasbro saber of it and I pulled the blade out (making it into a luxeon) so I dont want another one of those lying around.

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 09:06:26 AM »
I'd say go for it too.

They really are nice.

They can become a little addicting though =)

I've actually got one more on the way myself - the 2004 Obi-Wan CS gold Exclusive, which is the last mini I wanted for my collection.

If you keep an eye out you may even be able to pick some of them up for less than 20$ a piece.

Which ones are you thinking of getting?

Offline Cuke

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 02:26:12 PM »
I think I am going to try and get a Dooku and Sideous if i can find em. what do you recommend? I have a obi wan kenobi and mace windu fx so I am looking for something other than those.

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 03:21:59 PM »
As far as the Dooku goes....

There is a ROTS Darth Tyranus and a AOTC Count Dooku saber.

It will be FAR easier and cheaper to get the ROTS Darth Tyranus (SW-320)

Here is a good full list of all of them:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB27&Number=2271056&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

It depends on whether you are more of an original trilogy person or a prequel trilogy person.

Personally, my favorites are:

Luke ESB
Vader ESB
Luke ROTJ
Obi-Wan ANH Weathered

But that's probably because I'm more of an original trilogy guy.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 03:32:51 PM »
Check in with R2 regarding his mini collection as he has most if not all of them.  They are execllent quality though.  I am not into collecting them but I was impressed.  They do have some great deals on ebay regarding the minis.   I think R2 said he picked up some for less than $10.  Just keep your eyes open and often on the bay and eventually you should see something good.

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 04:09:18 PM »
I've got all of them too if you have any questions. The only ones I don't have are the gold chase versions. I do have all of the exclusives and other variants though.

I'll try to answer any questions you ask the best I can!

=)

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 05:40:48 PM »
At one point I had all the regular edition minis and a few variants.  They are pretty addictive.  They're definitely worth $10-$25 each, which is what they usually sell for on ebay and some forums.  It just depends on what and how you like to collect.

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 06:33:51 PM »
I only have one mini. It's the "as first built" (meaning clean and shiny) Obi-Wan ANH. It's very nice. It's heavy for it's size which I was surprised at. It is all metal accept for the grenade section. They come with a nice stand similiar to the FX that displays the hilt horizontaly. I say they are definately worth $20-$25. Ironicaly, this is a line that did not suffer at its end like the FX did.  :-\
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »
If you can find an Obi-Wan AOTC for cheap, snag it up.

One just sold on ebay for $255.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320178823309&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

And to think I used to have 3 of them.

retrousse