fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46134 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »
As frustrating as it is for now it will remain in one topic.  If Derek ever comes back on this is the place he will go first.  This is the place he can get an update of the frustration he is causing.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »
Dimensions and weight for a package were sent to Ultra earlier this week, but were somehow lost  ??? ???

They were resent today, and I have received a copy of the label and a click&ship notification.
When the package arrives, it will be sorted and a list will be posted in ORA of the builds received.

Owners of those builds with sound will be given an opportunity to decide if they want their hilts built by me or to have them shipped as is ASAP. This is to provide DIYs that have advanced their skills an opportunity to build their own or if someone does not want me to build their saber the option of sending it to another sabersmith.

Stunts will be sent to Ultrasabers for assembly and shipment. Or they can be sent AS IS on to you.

I will not be receiving blades in THIS SHIPMENT.

Ultrasabers and myself appreciate your patience in this matter,
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:41:22 PM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2009, 09:00:02 PM »
Assuming they arrive, this is very good news. And quite a surprise, at least to me. I really had written them off. Thank you for the update, and here's cautiously hoping they arrive, and are in good condition.

Are the soundboards coming with this shipment as well? If so (and this may be a semi-premature question), what do you see as timeframes for having them installed? I know for me, after all of this, I'd much rather have someone with more expertise than myself install them in my two overlords. Even though I've done several conversions myself, these are meant to be the gems of my collection, and I'd rather they be worked on by more experienced hands. Any chance we could be looking at pre-halloween?

Blades aren't coming with this shipment, which is fine. What does that mean for once the installs are complete? If you have some ready for shipping prior to arrival of blades, will you ship the sabers, and Ultra send us the blades separately?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get a handle on the situation. thanks.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »
Are the soundboards coming with this shipment as well?
  Yes

what do you see as timeframes for having them installed?
I'm not going to be posting any ETA's at this time as I don't know what I am getting. A lot more than a soundboard and hilt goes into making a saber. Switches, LEDs, Li-ions, chargers and so on. Once they get here and are sorted, I will be contacting Ultra and DT about parts, and seeing what can be done.
I am willing to cover some costs to get these out, but if you guys think I will cover hundreds of dollars in parts, think again.
I don't have that kind of $$$

What does that mean for once the installs are complete? If you have some ready for shipping prior to arrival of blades, will you ship the sabers, and Ultra send us the blades separately?
Dunno, blades are at DT's and that would be up to Ultra. I will keep him appraised of the status and we will go from there.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2009, 09:24:12 PM »
I'm not going to be posting any ETA's at this time as I don't know what I am getting. A lot more than a soundboard and hilt goes into making a saber. Switches, LEDs, Li-ions, chargers and so on. Once they get here and are sorted, I will be contacting Ultra and DT about parts, and seeing what can be done.
I am willing to cover some costs to get these out, but if you guys think I will cover hundreds of dollars in parts, think again.
I don't have that kind of $$$

I understand that. I know you don't have any of the parts yet, so you don't know what you're dealing with. And I don't think anyone in their right mind would expect you to cover the cost of any parts that didn't arrive with the sabers. But just so I understand, if the parts aren't with the sabers, Ultra or DT will be supplying them?

On a personal note, for mine, feel free to contact me, and I'll give you info so I can cover shipping costs. It is enough that you're stepping in to help clean up a mess, if I can help whittle costs down a bit, I will.

What does that mean for once the installs are complete? If you have some ready for shipping prior to arrival of blades, will you ship the sabers, and Ultra send us the blades separately?
Dunno, blades are at DT's and that would be up to Ultra. I will keep him appraised of the status and we will go from there.

OK. But feel free to send mine without blades. I have plenty that can act as stand-ins until the others arrive.

What a huge mess you're inheriting. All of these sabers to sort out. Parts that may or may not be included, Figuring out what goes where... I don't envy you. But I do appreciate that you're willing to do it.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2009, 09:32:32 PM »
But just so I understand, if the parts aren't with the sabers, Ultra or DT will be supplying them?

That's the unknown part at this time, as I don't know what exactly I am getting. Ultra and I have not had that conversation yet about what he is willing to cover or provide. Most of these parts were sent once already.

In case you guys have not realized it yet, I don't like to post stuff like this without the details all in place.

when I have more info, I will update again.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
In case you guys have not realized it yet, I don't like to post stuff like this without the details all in place.

Yeah, I'm getting that. lol. Fair enough, no more questions. maybe you should post the USPS tracking number, so we can watch it's progress... I'm kidding.

Let's hope you get at least most of the parts that were sent. Looking forward to(and keeping quiet until) the next update.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2009, 11:44:04 PM »
This update is very much appreciated Jango...Thank You.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2009, 01:08:18 PM »
:worship: :pompom: :clapping: :headbanging:

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2009, 07:36:52 PM »
do we have to pay anymore? i already paid derek for shipping and building and dont have the funds to do it again and dont want to, if we want you to build it cuz i dont know anything about soldering etc

Dimensions and weight for a package were sent to Ultra earlier this week, but were somehow lost  ??? ???

They were resent today, and I have received a copy of the label and a click&ship notification.
When the package arrives, it will be sorted and a list will be posted in ORA of the builds received.

Owners of those builds with sound will be given an opportunity to decide if they want their hilts built by me or to have them shipped as is ASAP. This is to provide DIYs that have advanced their skills an opportunity to build their own or if someone does not want me to build their saber the option of sending it to another sabersmith.

Stunts will be sent to Ultrasabers for assembly and shipment. Or they can be sent AS IS on to you.

I will not be receiving blades in THIS SHIPMENT.

Ultrasabers and myself appreciate your patience in this matter,

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2009, 08:05:27 PM »
I think that remains to be seen, Akira. Jango probably isn't going to say anything one way or the other until he gets the parts and can see what he's missing. He shouldn't have to eat the cost of any materials himself, so if he doesn't get the parts from DT, that means he has to get them from Ultra, or buy them himself. Personally, I think if he is offering to do all of this work to clean up a mess that isn't his, Ultra should cover any and all missing parts. But that's just me.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2009, 08:17:23 AM »
But that was already writen by Jango himself, at least in a PM to me two months ago, but I think also here somewhere.

What I'm curious about is how many are actually finished as was stated on page 1.
Also if he got the whole administration, otherwise I hope everybody has saved  his too.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2009, 09:30:25 AM »
These are good questions. I want to know the answers as much (if not more) than the next guy. But Jango isn't going to comment until he gets the package, and gets the chance to sort through what he has. That could be a while, assuming the package ever arrives (we've all seen shipment notifications that never went out). So again, this turns into sort of a waiting game. I'm not expecting a package to arrive on Jango's doorstep complete with everything he needs. Sorry to be cynical, but that's just how this has gone so far. I would love nothing more than to be wrong. Let's hope the package arrives soon, and isn't a huge jumble, so Jango can get back to us ASAP. I'm not expecting these to get in all of our hands before Halloween, which is a bummer, but what can we do? At least there's some movement.

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2009, 03:55:39 PM »
Any status on the location of the mysterious package or is it still sitting under Derek's pile of BS?

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2009, 04:09:23 PM »
Any status on the location of the mysterious package or is it still sitting under Derek's pile of BS?

My guess is dude sold these things, long, long ago. No other explanation makes sense.

retrousse