fiduciary

Author Topic: Ben kenobi's Luke anh saber review.  (Read 18339 times)

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
Re: Ben kenobi's Luke anh saber review.
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 11:42:10 AM »
I've done that speaker set up in a car before but the problem you might face in the saber besides room issue is still resonance and you would have to drill holes between the two speaker. The principle is that they are stacking the frequency effectively making it louder but in a car stereo box you have alot of room for resonance and sound reverberation (i don't think I spelled that right?) it would be an interesting Idea to try though.

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 11:45:47 AM »
I'd also reccomend against the 2 speakers facing each other idea. You run into phase problems and ther'es no clear treble.

You'd ba amazed what a small SEALED resonance chamber will do. It's gotta ba airtight behind the speaker.

BTW - TCSS sells good speakers and also has a rubber speaker mounting flange.

MC

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 12:45:36 PM »
Hmmm, too loud will be quite an issue indeed! LOL

Ok, audible enough than the standard sound from the MR's which I still find it lacking or I am watching SW too loud all the time? :D Or should I say nice sounding loud? ;D

I thought this 2 speaker thingy might be something to look into but I am an idiot when it comes to electronics anyway. Not only I want the blade super bright, super strong but I want it loud enough. IMO, I thought that 2 speakers (might) also produce an unexpected bass for the hum. Again, I am zero in this area and this is just my silly speculation.

My ANH Luke sound is quite loud but when I have my finger tips near the holes near the butterfly thingy of the hilt. I can feel pressure or is it resonance coming from those holes when the saber is on. So I presume if its airtight, it should be louder at the speaker side? Man, I have much to learn!!!

After I realised my 5th FX. I will get the Ultra upgrades and I will get parts to construct my own hilt/saber from TCSS so,I guess unless one of you have tried. I think I will approach the sealed resonance chamber behind the speaker and the 2 facing speaker. There is much to learn from Yoda too! That dude's work is darn freak out and he should be in business to offer us parts and stuff!

Than, another question on top of the above matter.

Have you guys tried using Xenon bulb? The super bright light found in the new Euro-specs high end cars?

B

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2007, 01:43:11 PM »
Madcow maybe you can answer this for me.  I got the TCSS speaker mount and the speaker doesn't fit in the smaller ring.  I know if you want to use a pvc sink tube chassis you need to sand it a bit to get it to fit the larger ring but how do you get the speaker to stay in the holder.  I posted at TCSS and all we came up with was a bit of hot glue or silicone.

I assumed when I got it it would fit in there like a glove seated in the smaller ring. I am using the TCSS speaker also.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:46:11 PM by Stormtrooper TK-421 »

retrousse